Partnership Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Should I join this guy's startup team?

Background:A guy reached out to me to join his drone company. I have been fascinated with drones for some time now, I bought my own and I have been toying with the idea of a drone business...

asked Aug 15 '14 at 17:45
Blank
JayJay
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.49K Views
Division of Profits

My husband and I are starting a food truck chain and asked my parents to go in business with us. We would come up with capital and all preparation and they would come up with operations and...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 06:30
Blank
Daniela
1 point

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Should a partner who is handling sales receive commisions plus half of the profits?

I am starting a two person partnership. We are offering a service at 500.00 a month per client, the operating costs are 150 per month per client. We will be giving salesmen 20% (100) leaving approx...

asked Oct 24 '13 at 14:19
Blank
Michael Nesmith
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How can I work out how much my mobile app is worth from these earning figures?

A CEO of a bigger company has contact me today asking if I am interesting in selling my Android application. He is asking for the numbers straight away and how much I want to sell it for. The app...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 01:06
Blank
111 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Need to determine equity

8 months ago my friend and i started a business. I was the only person who gave the startup capital and working full time for the business. My partner worked part time for the business and for the...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 18:56
Blank
Nik
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.19K Views
What is a good structure for a partnership MOU?

When two or more people are evaluating a business model, they may desire to have a MOU (memorandum of understanding) to document their expectations about how they will share responsibilities and...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 00:09
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.72K Views
How to structure a development partnership with an unfunded startup?

My co-founder and I have a fledgling software company. We recently started talking to a non-technical entrepreneur who is looking for a development partner. He has potential backers, but needs to...

asked Jun 16 '13 at 05:27
Blank
Dan Ellis
71 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Partner leaving, tough situation

Recently I found myself in situation, where I can't decide what the most appropriate act would be. 15 Months ago me and 2 other friends started to work on new cloud software solution. We each...

asked Jun 18 '13 at 09:21
Blank
Tic Tac
13 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
If someone is investing money as terms of a partnership is that money to be repaid as a loan?

My brother had an idea for a business and asked me to be his partner. His idea was for me to have 20% ownership and he has 80%. He is going to fund the business (at most $20,000) and believes that...

asked Apr 10 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Dina
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Value of technical expertise vs. industry connections, initial risk, and business management

I have been given an offer to join as a partner for an existing startup as the technical owner, and am not sure what is fair in terms of equity. The current owner has the connections and...

asked Apr 24 '13 at 08:43
Blank
Guest215
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Ending a partnership--how to handle the loan

I would like to end my parternship (50-50 ownership split) but continue to own and operate our Company. My partner has loaned (formally, in our operating contract) the Company $10k. Along the way,...

asked Mar 27 '13 at 11:01
Blank
Sarha
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Can I form a partnership if one of the partners is out-of-country?

I am a Canadian software developer who is currently harbouring an open-source project that I am currently working on with one other person, who lives in Chile. Eventually I want to turn the...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 00:15
Blank
Joe Z.
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Who owns the programming in a disolving partnership?

I am a 50/50 owner in a small dissolving LLC. To this partnership I brought my software and through the course of several years continued to develop it. In the partnership agreement there is...

asked Mar 17 '13 at 01:16
Blank
User25503
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Seeking For Start Up Funding

I am an entrepreneur in Zimbabwe, Africa seeking for funding to start up an import business of mobbile phones and accessories in our country from China and Dubai. How can i easily get a partner or...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 20:11
Blank
User25117
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
How do I ask help and search people for contribution for my git/open source project

I am basically involved in wordpress site development but a self starter for rails. I want to transform my idea into a rail app and I am contributing it on git(at a very initial level this time),...

asked Feb 24 '13 at 21:24
Blank
Swapnesh
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Software Contributions to a LLC Partnership

I have a 33.33% stake in an LLC partnership, which was made with cash contributions. I have since developed software with an associate who is not part of the company that we would like to sell as...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 08:31
Blank
Frank
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Approached About Partnership

I am a software developer and for the past 4-5 years I've worked part-time on an application related to fantasy sports. I enjoy toying with the marketing side of things but I focus mainly on...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 14:31
Blank
Bperniciaro
6 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
How to fire my Partner

I started a company in August of 2012 signing up 25 customers as a separate part of a corporation I have had since 2010 and brought in a partner in September. The partner did not put in any money...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 04:17
Blank
User24008
19 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.35K Views
Profitable existing business with Single owner - offering me Partnership & Equity to help it grow - My negotiation should be?

The owner has an online business which brings in a high $xx,xxx in profits (nearing 6 figures) with minimal costs (hosting, etc). Owner is looking to start fresh with an LLC setup and a partnership...

asked Jan 3 '13 at 17:49
Blank
Elliott
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
How to utilize your friends as your first employee

I am working on a Startup where in I am developing some Web and Mobile Applications.Now, all the monetary investment as well as development is done by me. I once learned that friends are our best...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 08:09
Blank
Mohit Kumar
14 points