Partnership Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
I have an idea that I am almost sure that it will be successful but no time to do it

I live in Athens, Greece. I have an idea that is really simple to do. It just needs a blog, a twitter account and a facebook page for support. The problem is that i don't have the time to work for...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 20:53
Blank
Kostas
9 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.58K Views
What should be the role of other person I involve in Startup given my scenario

What shall be the role of the person I am involving in launching my start-up(about to register and launch), As initially I see me and him performing project management part of it(as implementation...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 19:25
Blank
Goku
58 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.44K Views
What about property that was solely owned prior to the partnership?

Thinking about dissolving a partnership - while the business idea is solid I have no doubt I can recreate the product, under another name, and be just as successful. However, one of the main...

asked Nov 15 '12 at 13:22
Blank
Calais
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
General Partnership? Limited Partnership? Or

I am in the early stages of bootstrapping a startup. The product is a cloud-based service for businesses within a very specific industry. I have worked as a UX & UI developer and design...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 19:54
Blank
Conrad
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
Should I bring on a friend as co-founder of my website?

I'm starting a niche social networking site so far by myself. It's my idea, and these are my contributions so far. Research and purchase domain names Brainstorm entire site concept, much of the...

asked Sep 11 '12 at 17:17
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
How does "Limited Liability" of LLP work?

Owners of corporations (private or public) are liable only to stocks they own. Creditors can't claim company debt from personal assets of owners because there's stock to distinguish from personal...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 08:23
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
Partnership split

I'm developer. I had an idea for a company, came up with a name and everything, and decided to bring in a business development partner. The responsibilities for him were: 1. do business operations,...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 13:03
Blank
Joey Stieben
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
Steps before starting a partnership

I have seen quite a lot of questions/doubts and concerns here on http://answers.onstartups.com about partnerships. Splitting, percentages, responsibilities, legal obligations etc etc. In my...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:30
Blank
User983248
489 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Help demystifying partnership pass-through taxation

Situation I am in the process of deciding which type of taxation to choose for my LLC. Up until this point I was leaning towards Partnership taxation because that is what LLC For Dummies was...

asked May 18 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Viriato
144 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Is a P45 required to be sent

I am currently employed by my parents' company. As a tax saving option, they have decided to make me a partner. Does this mean I have to file a P45?

asked Apr 29 '12 at 00:18
Blank
Jo B
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
Partnership Gone Bad

For the past 6 months or so I have been working on a project with 2 partners. Here's the breakdown: Partner 1: Finance, marketing, sales, legal Partner 2: Product dev, design, branding Me: Tech,...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Miles
130 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.29K Views
Looking for specific suggestion regarding company shares

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I just want to say that I've read a lot of threads regarding this subject, including the most popular one...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 14:38
Blank
User1202888
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Bringing in co-founder after launch

I have been bootstrapping for 1.5 years, coding part-time while keeping my full time job. I have also invested some 10k into my project. Now, the workload seems to pile up over time, and I know I...

asked Apr 5 '12 at 12:33
Blank
Victor
593 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Partnership Question

I know there are tons of partnership questions, so I hope it's ok to add another one to the mix. I have been bootstrapped my own software product for the last year while still having a day job....

asked Jan 18 '12 at 23:26
Blank
Scott J.
111 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.77K Views
how to present ideas to a possible future partner without getting them 'stolen'?

I am planning into getting involved in a venture in an asian country. I have a friend from this country that has an experience in the kind of business I want to be involved in and that has “ built...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 13:37
Blank
Ongoing
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How to split shares of a company

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? How to Divide Up Your Company's Equity We are three people who want to embark on a new venture. I've been...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 23:37
Blank
User15485
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Asking a company to be a tech partner

I have been on a fruitless search for a technical partner to help me build a web startup. In the meantime, I went ahead and had the MVP built by an offshore company. They've done a pretty good job,...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
What assurance can I have in case a startup fails?

I am a coder and have very little in-depth business knowledge. I was recently approached about joining a very promising startup with a great idea. Only problem is that they were unfunded and would...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 13:16
Blank
Amin Brodie
39 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
6.08K Views
Equity for a part-time founder?

I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. I'm a designer and they are a developer and biz dev guy respectively. We are in the initial prototyping phase for the project and will be...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Local79
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
Need to establish legal entity for business partnership or is signed agreement enough?

I'm thinking about entering into a business partnership with someone. The work product will be a revenue-generating web-based service. We plan to both sign a legal business partnership document,...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 06:40
Blank
Scott
116 points