Venture Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.35K Views
If you're just starting, which is most important to learn to become a tech entrepreneur: coding, design, or sales?

If you come from a completely different background and just starting to venture into starting your own tech company, which skill would you learn first?Programming, web design, or sales?

asked Mar 7 '14 at 18:25
Blank
Sarah Guzman
160 points

11 Votes
10 Answers
4.39K Views
How do entrepreneurs start their first bootstrap startup?

I really want to start my entrepreneurial career, the problem is I don't have money. I am mid-level IT manager, read lot of startup blogs, articles and books and keep planning (aka dreaming) about...

asked May 16 '13 at 04:27
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Limiting personal liability

I have been working (solo) on a few side web projects for the past several months. My name can be found attached (via WhoIs) to the domains I've purchased and this got me to thinking about worst...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 05:23
Blank
Yamori
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How to find genuine investors online?

How to find sound (Small Business) investors that can recognize an outstanding opportunity when they see one? I mean how to find them online? Cuz it’s such a waste of time when one (startup...

asked Dec 17 '12 at 01:30
Blank
Di Cheetal
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Different stages of VC finance and were the company / product is in its life / development cycle

You hear a lot in the media about _ raised a stage A round of x million, or ___ just got seed funding from a group of angel investors. But what's never explained is the stage that these companies...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Sam
123 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.74K Views
how to present ideas to a possible future partner without getting them 'stolen'?

I am planning into getting involved in a venture in an asian country. I have a friend from this country that has an experience in the kind of business I want to be involved in and that has “ built...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 13:37
Blank
Ongoing
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How to convince a VC partner to invest $100M without having the $500K Feasibility & Associated Studies?

We are seeking a venture capital partner for a renewable start-up that has exclusively licensed 3 types of incredible 'waste-to-energy' technologies. The project team is made up of very qualified...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Octief
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Good course of action or no?

Originally when first talking about the company myself, and the 2 other cofounders.. at the time decided to do a split on equity. Now, we're about a 1.5-2 months in and the other two cofounders...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 02:42
Blank
User9968
229 points

12 Votes
3 Answers
4.96K Views
Venture Capital and paying yourself a Salary

I'm currently working full time for an employer of mine. I've run numerous small business on the side, including a web software company, a web design company, and a forum... but now I'm working...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 22:58
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Which VC firms are in the New England (East Coast) area?

Are most technology based venture capital firms headquartered in California or are there also plenty of venture capital firms in the New England area (New York, Boston, etc)?

asked Mar 17 '11 at 06:20
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Approach competitor before marketing new software program?

I set up a company and had a software developer create a new software program for the company. I thought that the idea for the software was novel, and before developing the software, I did some...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 10:06
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.7K Views
Raising seed capital without too much dilution

My company is in the process of raising additional capital for my semi start up website. Currently we are in a beta testing phase with the intent of testing the functionality of the site on a...

asked Dec 24 '10 at 01:59
Blank
Robert Dolle
118 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
General partnership or joint venture with global online company?

I want to establish a partnership with a company abroad that offers online services through their portal in few countries worldwide. I would like to leverage their online platform to provide...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 08:26
Blank
Mmiesi
33 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
How do you obtain angel investors help?

I am brand new to the startup stage and am trying to obtain money to get my startup off the ground. I have heard about angel investors but I have no idea how to get in contact with them (especially...

asked Nov 28 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Chromedude
202 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
When do you know it's time to pull out, and cut your losses/earnings off?

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is cut-bait, and walk away from a venture. What factors are the most important taking this leap?

asked Oct 16 '10 at 06:03
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.4K Views
Where is a good place to meet coders?

I am not a coder. I know basic coding and some web design, enough to have come up with what i believe to be an interesting idea for a start up. I can design the website and software myself, but...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 17:25
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Can you run a software company, without a software/tech background

Whenever smaller entrepreneurs get their software company up and running, some venture guy comes around with a heck of a lot of money. What if that venture guy don't know anything, whatsoever...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 20:08
Blank
Martin Hn
234 points