Capital Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
Not completely done with MVP and desperately need funding. What should I do?

I quit my job and have been working full-time on my startup the last 3-4 months. I decided to take the risk of investing everything I had in order to get the product built quickly.I hired two...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:55
Blank
Melissa Mainor
2 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Which is better: crowd funding, bank loan, angel round, or VC funding?

I have almost set up all concerns of my start up, but I am facing a critical challenge now of raising capital so I could execute my business plan.Due to limited resources, it will not be possible...

asked Jul 23 '14 at 18:00
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to raise money from investors without providing dibs to future rounds?

How could I approach someone for funding and require that he will be a initial investor, but not future rounds? What are the procedures and agreements what would be needed?

asked Jul 26 '14 at 15:38
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What is the best option regarding authorized capital?

I know that the authorized capital is the value of shares which you are allowed to issue. If my authorized capital is Rs. 1 lakh, I can issue shares of up to Rs. 1 lakh. In my case, I need to go...

asked Aug 1 '14 at 07:40
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1K Views
Buying a website on Flippa using someone else's capital?

I'm looking to buy a website on Flippa that is likely going to sell for $200K+.I don't have the resources to buy this website with my own money. What other ways can I "fund" buying this website?Is...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:41
Blank
Noah Bruggeman
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

1 Votes
1 Answers
How much finder's fee should I pay for a loan?

What's the going rate for a finder fee on a loan.

asked Apr 17 '15 at 00:37
Blank
User34357
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How was Atlassian able to grow this big with zero funding?

Atlassian has some great products (we use BitBucket regularly for all our projects). But I was surprised to learn that they never raised any money from VCs or even a seed round from angel...

asked Jun 29 '15 at 13:25
Blank
Donna Williams
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to fund a hardware business which requires a lot of capital just to start?

Apart from crowdfunding, how can someone build a wearable tech product business which requires at least $500K just to start? Are there any government grants available here in the US?

asked May 29 '14 at 17:10
Blank
Kevin Bower
9 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do you need financial projections when raising seed-stage capital from angel investors?

What kind of future financial projections do angel investors want to see for a early stage startup? I've seem companies provide projections when they are raising a Series A round or higher, but is...

asked May 22 '14 at 15:00
Blank
Vernon Hampton
4 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is your company's top 3 expenses?

Describe your business and what your top three expense are each month?Would be in interesting to see what other entrepreneurs are spending their resources on the most.

asked May 19 '14 at 19:44
Blank
Paul Sawyer
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Family wants to invest in my startup. Should I take their money or keep on meeting angel investors?

I have been trying to (unsuccessfully) raise a seed round for the last one month. My family wants to help me out by providing me that seed capital so I can start my business.The capital they want...

asked Apr 8 '14 at 21:55
Blank
Wallace Mc Coy
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
What is the correct way to self-fund the expenses of a one-man company?

After having registered a company with a certain share capital, how do I fund the company for the day-to-day operating expenses? Do I:Transfer cash to the company's account and issue more shares to...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 03:12
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do I set the share capital of a company and the type of shares to allocate?

I intend to set up an IT company. As a one person startup, how do I determine what share capital the company should have? It can be $1, $1,000 or $100,000. Then, the shares can be ordinary or...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 10:53
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.08K Views
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
What is the meaning of "issue", "issuance"?

I belong to a non english speaking country and I have no knowledge about finance and/or accounting. However, I try to learn their basics since they are mandatory for the success of a startup. One...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 00:23
Blank

2 Votes
0 Answers
How can I add capital to a UK Ltd each month?

I'm interested in incorporating a UK Limited Company and the second shareholder in this company wants to add money in it each month for the first months to cover all expenses. This capital must be...

asked Nov 8 '13 at 18:16
Blank
Max
98 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Providing startup capital: liquidate rental property or take a personal loan?

A friend of mine is starting his own company based off my proof of concept and we have arrived at two alternatives for me to help him out financially in this endeavor in regards to rental property...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:25
Blank
F1 Student In Us
141 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Investing in startups online

I've seen plenty of websites that utilize philanthropic crowd-funding, but I'm unable to find any websites that allow people to purchase equity online. Are there any? If not, for what...

asked May 4 '13 at 11:07
Blank
Steve
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Different stages of VC finance and were the company / product is in its life / development cycle

You hear a lot in the media about _ raised a stage A round of x million, or ___ just got seed funding from a group of angel investors. But what's never explained is the stage that these companies...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Sam
123 points