Capital Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Should I start with an app or a webpage?

Hello All, I am a new startup entrepreuner, from a non technical background and have two questions 1. What is better? app or app/webpage or webpage as the initial entry? 2. Currently...

asked Jan 2 '18 at 22:40
Blank
Health Aim Inc.
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.36K Views
Not completely done with MVP and desperately need funding. What should I do?

I quit my job and have been working full-time on my startup the last 3-4 months. I decided to take the risk of investing everything I had in order to get the product built quickly.I hired two...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:55
Blank
Melissa Mainor
2 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
Buying a website on Flippa using someone else's capital?

I'm looking to buy a website on Flippa that is likely going to sell for $200K+.I don't have the resources to buy this website with my own money. What other ways can I "fund" buying this website?Is...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:41
Blank
Noah Bruggeman
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 16:45
Blank
Benita Mc Dermott
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
How to fund a hardware business which requires a lot of capital just to start?

Apart from crowdfunding, how can someone build a wearable tech product business which requires at least $500K just to start? Are there any government grants available here in the US?

asked May 29 '14 at 17:10
Blank
Kevin Bower
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
What is the correct way to self-fund the expenses of a one-man company?

After having registered a company with a certain share capital, how do I fund the company for the day-to-day operating expenses? Do I:Transfer cash to the company's account and issue more shares to...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 03:12
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
How do I set the share capital of a company and the type of shares to allocate?

I intend to set up an IT company. As a one person startup, how do I determine what share capital the company should have? It can be $1, $1,000 or $100,000. Then, the shares can be ordinary or...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 10:53
Blank
Wayne
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.42K Views
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.21K Views
Providing startup capital: liquidate rental property or take a personal loan?

A friend of mine is starting his own company based off my proof of concept and we have arrived at two alternatives for me to help him out financially in this endeavor in regards to rental property...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:25
Blank
F1 Student In Us
141 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Investing in startups online

I've seen plenty of websites that utilize philanthropic crowd-funding, but I'm unable to find any websites that allow people to purchase equity online. Are there any? If not, for what...

asked May 4 '13 at 11:07
Blank
Steve
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Different stages of VC finance and were the company / product is in its life / development cycle

You hear a lot in the media about _ raised a stage A round of x million, or ___ just got seed funding from a group of angel investors. But what's never explained is the stage that these companies...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Sam
123 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Startup capital and taxes

I'm finishing up a successful KickStarter campaign. The approximately $8000 is going to be used as capital for my software startup. I'm currently structured as a sole proprietorship, so the $8000...

asked Sep 21 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Joe
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.75K Views
If I sell my LLC in an equity deal will I be taxed for long term capital gains?

I founded a startup in late 2008, as a sole proprietorship LLC. I was the only member in the LLC. It stayed that way until August of 2011, less than a year ago, when I added a minority partner to...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 04:26
Blank
Arbingersys
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best Structure for Investor Buyout

The company I'm an investor in requires a significant capital infusion, and is trying to find a structure to remove several current investors who are not participating in daily operations of...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 08:56
Blank
Andy
111 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
What are my requirements for confirming an investors is "Accredited"?

When raising capital at what point is it required by United States law that the investor be accredited, and if possible what are the laws stating these guidelines? Also, what due diligence is...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Time for Capital Fundraising - but they want so much?

We are an existing company of 4 years, with 5% of market share in our chosen market. The market we have chosen is an infrastructure market. It is a recession proof market. We have built the...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 08:08
Blank
Ruby
31 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How to convince a VC partner to invest $100M without having the $500K Feasibility & Associated Studies?

We are seeking a venture capital partner for a renewable start-up that has exclusively licensed 3 types of incredible 'waste-to-energy' technologies. The project team is made up of very qualified...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Octief
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.64K Views
Best book for learning corporate finance

There are a lot of books out there which hit on these concepts: Discounted cash flow: NPV, IRR Return on equity WACC CAPM Capital structure: Debt vs. Equity However, most of these books broach...

asked May 13 '11 at 03:00
Blank
Jgoldberg
6 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
Term sheet for family member?

When getting funding from family and friends, are term sheets necessary? The family member I've approached is more interested in becoming an investor, rather than owning convertible debt. Every...

asked May 3 '11 at 00:05
Blank
Shaun
71 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Should we use "trigger event" investment milestones for additional rounds of capital?

One of our advisors recently suggested we consider using "trigger events" for our second round of capital. Along the lines of "I'll commit $50K now and if you get to 25K registered users by 6/30,...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points