LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

0 Votes
0 Answers
Series LLC for a tech startup

Would it be good to have a Series LLC for a tech start that would want to launch products and services in software and electronics? How could this be organized better?

asked Oct 6 '17 at 15:48
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
Hiring freelancers (national and international) as a Delaware LLC

As a startup apart from members of the LLC, we just want to utilize the services of freelancers rather than having any employees. Could you please let me know what are things that I need to be...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:56
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to handle a cash out of a startup of a two member Delaware LLC?

Say, we start a two-member Delaware LLC with just 1000 USD and then we realize we need another 500 USD to actually carry out the business. How do we handle it in accounting and do we have any...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:50
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to handle a low budget startup - two member Delaware LLC?

Say, we start a two-member Delaware LLC with just 1000 USD and then we realize we need another 500 USD to actually carry out the business. How do we handle it in accounting and do we have any...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:46
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
A two-member Delaware LLC's initial accounting

My wife and I would like to start a two-member Delaware LLC. Once we have an LLC's bank account things seem to be easy to manage. However, before we have a bank account, how do we separate...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:41
Blank
John
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to change the address for an LLC when you move?

Hi, I live in Pittsburgh PA. I recently moved and my LLC is not at the same location anymore. What steps should i take to make it line up with my current address? Or, do i have to file all over...

asked Sep 11 '17 at 07:11
Blank
Kiambu Powell
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.19K Views
How to set up an LLC company in USA and a bank account for operating the LLC

Possible Duplicate: How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner? Please help me out to form an LLC company in USA along with a bank account to operate it. I am an...

asked May 21 '12 at 18:08
Blank
Avinash
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
US bank account for LLC

I am from India and want to setup LLC in USA. I am unable to visit to USA.Is there a way that my friend (who is in USA) open a business account in USA for my LLC. To do so, I can include him in my...

asked Jan 7 '13 at 10:38
Blank
Simpanoz
109 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Can we expense mileage as it incures?

I have a multi-member LLC and we elected to go the mileage route instead of actual auto expenses. Can we enter mileage as it incurs each week as an expense on our books? Or do we have to track...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 02:56
Blank
MissQB
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.59K Views
Do Employees need to sign an NDA?

I work at an engineering firm. I recently was on a job site talking to a project planner. The are creating a propriety process for an Item that they have invented. The project planner said that he...

asked Apr 22 '17 at 03:02
Blank
Ben Wolf
1 point

5 Votes
4 Answers
10.6K Views
Filling out a W9 as a Single Member LLC

I previously operated my consulting business as a sole proprietor operating under my own name, using my SSN on W9 forms, etc. I have since registered an LLC and am starting to bring in clients. I...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 10:39
Blank
Eddy Luten
166 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How do I get rid of my business partner?

Recently it came to my attention that my business partner (50/50 LLC in CA, no partnership agreement) has been using the company account as a line of credit for himself. In the past 13 months he...

asked Jan 18 '17 at 21:01
Blank
sbg
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.23K Views
Do I need an LLC or can I start as sole proprietorship?

I want to start a business with no employee or brick and mortar, nor offices, just online e-commerce for products i design, but my first 6 -12 months will be just dedicated to prototyping and...

asked Jan 18 '17 at 18:01
Blank

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.5K Views
Can I deposit money into my LLC for start up costs or does it have to be a "loan"

I have heard it is necessary for any money transferred into an LLC for start up costs has to be a loan. Does that mean I can't just put my own money into it?

asked Aug 6 '16 at 18:14
Blank
Kelli Mcmullen
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.02K Views
Can I deposit paychecks addressed to my name as sole proprietor into my LLC

I am an artist; voice over, makeup, author, performer, actor, singer, songwriter and artisan. I've created a single owner LLC. Does depositing my paychecks from all my clients directly into the LLC...

asked Aug 2 '16 at 19:49
Blank
Joell Jacob
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Does a single-member LLC provide the same asset protection as an LLC with many partners?

I'm bootstrapping my startup and don't have any plans on raising money. As such, I've decided to keep accounting simple by going with a single-member LLC.What's not clear is if it would provide the...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Carlton Smeltzer
17 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it required to have a registered agent for your corporation?

I am registering my first company (deciding between an S-corp or LLC), and am concerned about my own privacy.When I search for other company's listings, they list the full information of registered...

asked Sep 3 '14 at 20:56
Blank
Thomas Corriveau
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.4K Views
Can I transfer funds from my LLC into my personal account?

If I am a joint owner in an LLC, can I transfer funds to my personal account. The LLC was under my husband's name when filed for the state number.

asked Jun 16 '15 at 15:55
Blank
Andra Moss
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
I live and have an LLC in New Jersey. What happens to it if I move to California?

For my web development consultancy, I do work through a single-member LLC in the state of New Jersey.I'm going to relocate to California next month (not for a job, will still be doing the same...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 00:14
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Which state to register business if I'm always traveling?

I run a consulting business where the entire team is remote. I myself travel the world and don't usually stick around for longer than 3 months at any given place. In my case, which state should I...

asked May 25 '14 at 15:25
Blank
Betty Bonilla
12 points