Company Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.26K Views
Starting an internet company in USA as a foreigner

I am a student in USA. And I have an idea for a startup. I have people with me (US Citizens) who are willing to help me establishing this company.So i am wondering now what do i need to do...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Jeet Robert
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
Are VCs less likely to fund companies incorporated overseas?

Suppose I incorporate my company in Cayman Islands and then try to seek VC investment. Would VCs be more averse in investing in such companies compared to a company that is incorporated in Delaware?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.29K Views
Company interested in acquiring our startup. How do we calculate a valuation?

We are a bootstrapped company of three. Our primary competitor is interested in acquiring us (acqui-hire). How do we place a value on our startup? Since we don't have any revenues or a huge user...

asked May 15 '14 at 10:40
Blank
Angela Williams
7 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
5.05K Views
Is sending a monthly invoice required if you're a SaaS company?

If you're a SaaS company in the United States, is it required by law to send a monthly invoice to subscribers?We haven't built out this feature and wondering if we can push it lower in the priority...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 21:46
Blank
James Charles
35 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
When does a startup stop being a startup?

What metrics and size would you say makes a startup not a startup anymore?I'm building a directory of tech companies so want to figure out how to segment startups.

asked Mar 18 '14 at 21:42
Blank
Teresa Jeffers
45 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Does creating an LLC that is a holding company for other LLCs provide additional asset protection?

Are there any benefits to creating an LLC that does nothing but act as a holding company for other LLC entities?Does that provide any added benefits in terms of asset protection?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 16:39
Blank
Paul Newman
125 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
How to start an IT company with no IT experience

I do not have solid IT experience, such as in development and delivery of IT enterprise solutions/projects, but I do have experience in developing small applications. I have experience in Hardware,...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 21:11
Blank
User29862
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Is it is legal to work for personal use/in another company, while working in another private firm?

I'm working as an iOS application developer for the past 2 plus years. Now I would like to register my own developer account to iTunes for uploading my private apps. If I create an iOS...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:53
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Must I Register (as) a Company to Work Freelance / for Myself (in the UK)?

I would like to know whether or not I must register (as) a (limited?) company in order to provide services, or if I must register for self assessment; I'm a little confused about this and am not...

asked Oct 11 '13 at 17:10
Blank
Snooker Fan
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Should we call our company a company, or an incorporation, or an LTD?

We're a software company, including like 35 employees, working in a very specific field. We have 3 stakeholders, and each of them have like 30 percent of the overall shares. We just can't...

asked Sep 7 '13 at 18:14
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Do I need to register a company for IT services?

I am working on a web project to provide tutoring and consulting to the USA student online. for this kind of startup, do I need to register company in India before provide any such paid...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 04:13
Blank
Daniel
13 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
6.05K Views
Company name same as product name

I am currently in the process of forming a software startup. My first product is essentially finished. All that's holding me back at the moment is that I can't seem to find a suitable company name....

asked Aug 3 '13 at 03:11
Blank
Ben
136 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Need suggestion on launching/executing an ad network

We are about to launch an interstitial ad network for our country. Our startup is similar to companies like adfly and linkbuck. We need suggestions on how to properly launch our company. We are a...

asked Jun 6 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Nedy
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Employment vs Sole Trading - UK

In the UK, is it possible to be in full time employment and be a sole trader at the same time? i.e. Work a full time job as an employee. Do contract work as a sole trader on evenings and...

asked May 20 '13 at 21:29
Blank
Flem
108 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.6K Views
Better to open a company in my own country or in USA?

Recently I have been thinking about opening a new company, specifically, a pizzeria. I'm from Brazil and here I already have a restaurant on São Paulo - SP, state of Brazil. Initially my objective...

asked Jun 3 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Carlos Xavier
6 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
I want to make a free video introduction of my client's company. I just want to use images, text and little bit of effects and sound

I want to make a free video introduction of my client's company. I just want to use images, text and little bit of effects and sound. Is there any free web based or anything, by which I can make it?

asked Feb 26 '13 at 04:14
Blank
Anilkumble789
3 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Advice on the need for a foreign subsidiary

We'd like to startup a company that is seen as a UK company and be governed by UK laws, including Privacy laws. However, all of our operations, management and control will reside in Canada at least...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 06:34
Blank
Kate
99 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Director service contracts

The two of us are going to found a company and will work on all necessary tasks without taking pay at least for the first year. In this case, are we going to be Executive Directors? If so, will we...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 03:16
Blank
Kate
99 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
4.55K Views
Are cuss words always bad in domain/company names

So, I have an idea for a startup and have come up with what I consider to be an excellent name for it, however it contains a cuss word. Specifically "shit ". While I don't want to divulge the...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 14:29
Blank
Maxim Gershkovich
234 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Workers of a subsidary purely work on products of the parent company

If the parent company wholly owns the subsidiary, could the employees of the subsidiary work on products of the parent company? Are special contracts needed? Thanks

asked Jan 28 '13 at 14:56
Blank
Kate
99 points