UK Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
UK Ltd company formation agent advice and pitfalls?

I am on the verge of pushing the button and incorporating my startup. I have determined that a UK Ltd company is the right corporate vehicle for me. I have also decided to use a formation service...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 23:51
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
10.2K Views
Options for hiring Indian workers directly

My core aim is to hire people directly in India (Delhi) and spend a lot of time there myself (I am a British person with a British passport). I am interested in knowing what are the best options...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 22:47
Blank
Dav
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
What are the UK company drawbacks for foreign owners?

we won a grant in an Italian incubator, and to receive that we should establish an Italian company. However, looking forward to gain international investments, we'd prefer having a German or,...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 17:35
Blank
Serg Ik S
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
What are the legal responsibilities of a company director in the UK?

I've developed an application with a couple of friends, and we want to publish it on various app stores. This requires a business bank account and VAT registration, and after some reading , the...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 22:33
Blank
Ed Hinchliffe
118 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
I want to start a limited company in The UK, as I am British, but live in Poland with my girlfriend

About 6 years ago I did have a limited company for Contract Work I was doing for 6 months, it was very simple and no problems. I now live in Poland with my girlfriend and found it difficult to get...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 23:19
Blank
Anthony Kerr
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Part-time co-founder is leaving, how can he hand back equity?

I had a part-time co-founder but he is leaving. How can he hand back equity? I'm based in the UK and I've heard of a form called J10, but once this is done how do we change the information...

asked Jul 16 '13 at 09:58
Blank
Olive
106 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Company Minutes: exactly how?

I have a small limited company (Hong-Kong, but I believe it follows U.K. company law closely, which is why I've tagged this question UK). I am a shareholder and the sole director. There are other...

asked Jun 13 '13 at 18:48
Blank
User26625
86 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Legal Status of USA/UK Start up forming

I and a partner wish to set up a company. One of us lives in the UK and the other in the USA. We both want to make sure we are one legal entity so we can sell shares, or if the start-up was bought...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 21:46
Blank
Slappybag
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
How to open a UK business bank account without being physically present?

We are moving our company to Scotland in a few months. We wanted to open a business bank account in advance without using an agent. We tried RBS, but to no avail. How can we open a business bank...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 23:48
Blank
Kraken
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Do I need to pay tax on shares earned?

I am working on a project in my spare time with a friend. The project has the potential to make money in the future. We want to run the project democratically and non-hierarchically. We have...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 20:59
Blank
Erik Straughn
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
Does a 'Director' need to be an Officer (UK)?

In the UK, are there any obligations (legal or otherwise) for someone with 'Director' in their job title to also be an officer of the company (i.e. registered as a director at Companies...

asked Jan 1 '13 at 20:39
Blank
Harunahi
148 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Company in US wants to hire a UK worker

We are a extremely small start up, just starting out and we need to hire our first marketer. The wages are low, but the work is fun. We put out an ad and many people have come back to us, but we...

asked Dec 12 '12 at 04:17
Blank
Spoiled Techie.Com
102 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
3.2K Views
Can a UK company have the same registered office, director's service address, and director's residential address?

I'm going through the process on the Companies House website to create a UK company (at http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/promo/webincs/ ) and I've got to the page asking for "Details of new...

asked Nov 27 '12 at 07:06
Blank
Jez
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
UK tax on US software company

This was partially addressed in another question, International tax on digital products for a US company, however, I'm still unclear as to what I need to do if the UK removes this threshold next...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 10:41
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
(UK) LTD Issue (preferred) stock, grant options and go public (using standard articles)

Can a UK limited company grant options easily? What is the law regarding using equity with vesting plans to pay employees? For a startup equity is most likely the only way of aligning employees...

asked Sep 7 '12 at 01:32
Blank
User19571
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Running a startup in parallel with a job in the United Kingdom?

I am a Software Developer who recently graduated from University. I just secured a job with a big company with a nice salary. However I don't really see myself being content with that as I have...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 20:07
Blank
Loosebruce
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
How to compare contract rates with permanent rates, in UK

I am thinking of contracting, but do not know how to compare contract (inside and outside IR35) with permanent rates, within the United Kingdom (specifically England). So far I have...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 01:43
Blank
Richard
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Setting up a subsidiary of an Italian software house in the UK

I am currently researching the opportunity to open a foreign subsidiary of my software house in the UK. I am interested in a few issues: Accounting help : Do I need to hire an accountant?...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 17:39
Blank
Inspiring Software
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Starting a Business

I wish to start a business within the UK, which will be an online venture. However, I am unsure of a few things. Firstly, I know I will have to pay income tax, assuming it reaches the threshold of...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 03:58
Blank
Bowersbros
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Physical server location and place of supply

I have a company which is based in the UK, but I myself don't live in the UK (I do come to the UK from time to time). The company has a registered office address in the UK, but not a physical...

asked Jun 3 '12 at 08:50
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points