Subsidiary Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
which taxes my USA subsidiary will be subjected to, if any

i need a professional advice on the following situation: we are a Poland company, we want to open a subsidiary in the USA. The purpose is to buy goods from American company, and then export these...

asked Apr 30 '13 at 06:42
Blank
User26050
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Advice on the need for a foreign subsidiary

We'd like to startup a company that is seen as a UK company and be governed by UK laws, including Privacy laws. However, all of our operations, management and control will reside in Canada at least...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 06:34
Blank
Kate
99 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Workers of a subsidary purely work on products of the parent company

If the parent company wholly owns the subsidiary, could the employees of the subsidiary work on products of the parent company? Are special contracts needed? Thanks

asked Jan 28 '13 at 14:56
Blank
Kate
99 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
What do I need to file on the US side if I want to set up a subsidiary (software development team) in China?

Here is my situation, I'm running a single-person C-Corp in the US. (I'm a US permanent resident). My company is running several content-rich websites (focus on US market), the advertising revenue...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Silent
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Does US subsidiary makes foreign company liable for US sales taxation?

1 - Company A is an European company that sells digital products and services all over the world, including the US. The company does not pay US income tax because it does not have an US...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 05:26
Blank
Captain Hartman
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Setting up a subsidiary of an Italian software house in the UK

I am currently researching the opportunity to open a foreign subsidiary of my software house in the UK. I am interested in a few issues: Accounting help : Do I need to hire an accountant?...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 17:39
Blank
Inspiring Software
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Taxes for a European SAAS startup selling in the US

I'm looking into selling a web application to US customers. Is it necessary to create a US subsidiary such as a Delaware LLC or not? How are taxes worked out? Income tax, sales tax? I know this is...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 10:35
Blank
Frenchie
4,166 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Strategies for a Startup within a Big Company

I have an idea for a product that is close enough in concept to my employer's business that they might have a claim on the IP (not a valid claim, IMO, but they have all the lawyers). It's unlikely...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:07
Blank
Kevin Lawrence
277 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Opening a European Subsidiary in the U.S

I am an American setting up a U.S. based subsidiary office for a small Eastern European company. What are the methods I can get paid assuming the company does not have capital for straight salary...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 00:12
Blank
Lefty
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Starting a UK Subsidiary

I am a US company (S-corporation) and I need to start processing payments through the UK for Europeans. What is the easiest way to set up a subsidiary or part of the company over in the UK? All...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 09:26
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
incorporating a subsidiary company for each web app

My company (a Delaware C-corp) develops and runs a number of websites that will soon be offering paid accounts. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each website being its own subsidiary,...

asked Feb 14 '11 at 12:56
Blank
Jtauber
309 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.77K Views
I am setting up a European Branch/Subsidary of a US based Software company. What is the best way to go for this?

Is anybody able to give some advice on: How would I go about setting up a European branch/subsidiary of this company? CHOICE OF ENTITY: Should I register as a branch or subsidiary? LOCATION: What...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 22:36
Blank
Juergen Heinrich Rohr
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
7.06K Views
How to pay overseas employees?

If a company has overseas employees or even directors, how should they go about paying them? Should the parent company set up a subsidiary, and then transfer some assets to pay the employee of...

asked May 18 '10 at 18:43
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.93K Views
US firm contracting and/or operating in Belgium

I have a US Limited Liability Company (a partnership) which does business in the US. We are a design and web development firm, providing web application design and development as well as web...

asked Jun 1 '10 at 02:50
Blank
Bennylope
103 points