International Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
5.9K Views
How can a non-US citizen legally receive Kickstarter funds?

My understanding is that only a US citizen with an Amazon payment account can create a Kickstarter project. If there is no project member in the States, is there some sort of agency that could...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 19:00
Blank
D3vid
113 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.18K Views
What are some startup ideas that are working in other countries but have not arrived here in the US?

What are some business ideas that are working in other countries but have yet to be launched here in the United States?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 17:59
Blank

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.15K Views
How can an international student be an owner of 50% equity of a start-up?

Me and my American friend have planned for a startup. He will take care of sales and marketing while I will handle the technical and development side. As I am in USA on an F1 Visa, what would be...

asked Jul 15 '14 at 14:39
Blank
Kamrul Islam
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can an international startup raise money from VCs in silicon valley?

If a startup is based and registered in Europe, would it be possible to get venture capitalists in silicon valley to invest in a series A round?Do larger VC firms often invest in international...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Alfred Loftus
2 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.24K Views
Amazon Mechanical Turk alternative for international startups?

Amazon just decided to limit the companies requesting jobs on their MTurk platform to those in the United States.How can startups that are based abroad request jobs ("hits" in Amazon lingo)? Are...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Marilyn Chitwood
22 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Completely online business: would I need to pay international taxes if I work on it in another country?

I'm a US citizen who has a completely online business. I pay federal and state taxes on all income.If I were to travel the world (since I can work on my business from anywhere as it's all online),...

asked May 30 '15 at 12:56
Blank
Bruce Blanks
2 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
Does .io domain names effect Google rankings? Since it's an international TLD.

A vast majority of startups coming out are now using the .io (Indian Ocean) domain extension.Does that effect their rankings in anyway in Google?Wouldn't Google not show their pages in the US since...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 11:10
Blank
Steve Wooley
165 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Tax liabilities for stocking products in Amazon USA for the US market?

I have a small online retail company in Europe. I sell a lot of products in the US and considering stocking products in Amazon USA for the US market. I am having trouble finding out what tax...

asked May 22 '14 at 19:39
Blank
Charlie
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
Advice for starting a company in an international market first?

I came across a thread here regarding startup ideas that are good for developing countries (where the market is not saturated with competition).What are some things to keep in mind when starting a...

asked Mar 26 '14 at 23:11
Blank
Jon Sturgill
32 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
US employer paying EU independent contractor

So I have an LLC in the US that runs a stock image website, and we pay designers who contribute images as independent contractors. At the end of the year we send out 1099-misc forms to everyone,...

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to trade in other countries for free

I am now running an IT company in Australia and providing Software Development & Web Development Services in Australia. I have a team and enough project however I don't want to bound only...

asked Nov 7 '13 at 05:29
Blank
Karz
126 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to make international payments with an agency model in travel?

I am starting a travel business with an agency model. We will make tours and activities bookable online and will take a commission on each booking. If you look at a site like Airbnb or Vayable to...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 00:55
Blank
Matt Barrett
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Consulting company based in US accepting payment from European clients?

I have a consulting company and want to start accepting payments from European clients. The charges will usually be around 6,000 dollars. I feel like there should be a better way instead of doing a...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Aconsulting
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
What are the slow months for B2B, and why

We sell shrinkwrap software to other companies, and we've been in business for just less than a year. Our sales are about 45-50% to the US, 20% UK, 10% to Australia and the rest to other countries....

asked Aug 1 '13 at 20:14
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Better to open a company in my own country or in USA?

Recently I have been thinking about opening a new company, specifically, a pizzeria. I'm from Brazil and here I already have a restaurant on São Paulo - SP, state of Brazil. Initially my objective...

0 Votes
0 Answers
Bookkeeping for a foreign subsidiary (inventory)

I own a US based company that imports clothing from Italy for resale in the US. I recently set up a subsidiary in Japan to sell my products there. What is the best way to account for inventory at...

asked Apr 26 '13 at 07:31
Blank
Paul
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
Paying Overseas Project Partner

I am in the state of Montana, USA and have an app that my friend in the Netherlands and I built. I'm in charge of taking payments and I'm getting ready to send a payment his way. I'm wondering,...

asked Apr 7 '13 at 02:17
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What are my options for shipping an order valued at over $2500?

We normally ship through the USPS We just got an order for over $2500 and got this alert: An Electronic Information (EEI) form must be filed for each international shipment valued over...

asked Mar 14 '13 at 04:34
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Seeking For Start Up Funding

I am an entrepreneur in Zimbabwe, Africa seeking for funding to start up an import business of mobbile phones and accessories in our country from China and Dubai. How can i easily get a partner or...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 20:11
Blank
User25117
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
What do VCs look for?

I'm writing an article on a San Francisco startup competition featuring the young Japanese entrepreneur finalists (eventbrite info here ) and was wondering what investors and judges are looking for...

asked Mar 5 '13 at 11:23
Blank
User25319
4 points