Invoice Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
11.1K Views
How do I invoice Canadian customer from US?

I have US company and all of my customers so far here in US. I send monthly bill and get a check. No CC processing fees, etc. Now I have some Canadian prospects. How can I bill them? Should I...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 09:10
Blank
Katit
276 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
5.05K Views
Is sending a monthly invoice required if you're a SaaS company?

If you're a SaaS company in the United States, is it required by law to send a monthly invoice to subscribers?We haven't built out this feature and wondering if we can push it lower in the priority...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 21:46
Blank
James Charles
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.79K Views
Holding company and payments

I have a holding company which owns 100% of two LTD companies let's just call them A and B If I was to be paid from a company say ABC for work carried out by my company A does my company A have to...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 06:12
Blank
User28188
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best way to refer to software app customization (in a Quote)

I have to provide a quote for a 12 month subscription to my SaaS app to a large company. The company wants Single Sign On integration. I will have an item in the quote for this work, but I'm...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 18:38
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Consulting company based in US accepting payment from European clients?

I have a consulting company and want to start accepting payments from European clients. The charges will usually be around 6,000 dollars. I feel like there should be a better way instead of doing a...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Aconsulting
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
4K Views
Do you pay sales tax on open invoices?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not find it anywhere. My company is based in Austin, TX, US, and is an LLC. Do I have to pay sales tax on open invoices? I.e., Invoices for...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 12:39
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
7.9K Views
Should I issue a separate invoice for the down payment?

I'm doing a website for a client, and I require them to make a down payment that is a percentage of the bill for the entire project. The remaining portion of the bill is due when the website is...

asked May 18 '13 at 05:56
Blank
Pete
17 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Describing an Upfront Cost in an Invoice Description?

My client and I have agreed to 2 payments. One is due right after signing the contract (due 7 days after) and another when the product is completed. I'm currently drafting the invoice for the...

asked May 9 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Cloudy Days
18 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
6.1K Views
Can I pay freelancer overseas who does not have a business account?

I'd like to work with a freelancer who is based overseas however he does not have an offical company and only a personal bank account. If he invoices me is it acceptable to pay in to his personal...

asked Mar 28 '13 at 19:29
Blank
Kris
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Tracking all work/items-delivered are invoiced

We are a small business and use Xero.com (which is an accounting system without ERP functionality). What we have found that we have at times lost track of items requested by the customer, and have...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 05:57
Blank
G18c
113 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.79K Views
How to number the invoices?

I've always wondered how its done, is there a standard or just everyone does it randomly? I thought this would be good: xxxxx (5 digits for client ID) xxxxxx (6 digits for DDMMYY) xxxxx (5...

asked Dec 22 '12 at 18:52
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
14.2K Views
What's the best way to deal with a proforma invoice?

I have a supplier that sends me invoices in advance, with so many days to pay. I want to enter these invoices into my accounting software as soon as they arrive, so I know what my commitment is for...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 03:59
Blank
Tim Long
108 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.53K Views
Invoicing while full-time employed

I'd need some help in understanding what I need to do, admittedly I am getting into this for the first time. I am full-time employed in a privately held company in the UK. Recently, I started doing...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 19:28
Blank
Diferdin
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
7.64K Views
invoicing for a bonus incentive

I was offered a specific bonus amount on top my hourly rate if I could complete a project by a specific deadline. I met the requirements for the bonus. It's time to invoice and I'm wondering if I...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 16:12
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points