Enterprise Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Entire sales process when selling to enterprise clients?

What does a full sales cycle look like when selling a SaaS solution to enterprise clients?Here is what I think is how it works: Try to find a decision maker at the company. Try to contact that...

asked May 22 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Sheryl Chung
4 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.85K Views
Should you charge before building an enterprise product with a client?

Have an idea for a claims management application. I got one company who is in the selection process amongst other such software but they want to work with me to build something from ground up. I...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:59
Blank
Jo K
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Selling to enterprises: how to deal with "your solution is out of our budget" negotiation tactic?

We sell a SaaS solution to enterprise clients that has a long sales cycle. I often see companies use the "your solution is out of our budget" tactic to keep on negotiating lower rates. This is...

asked Apr 9 '14 at 14:14
Blank
Robert Gutierrez
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
A big chunk of my revenue comes from one source. Is that a huge negative in raising money from angels?

I have a software product and one enterprise client accounts for over 70% of my revenues right now. Is that a huge negative for investors? How can I mitigate that risk?Our goal is to use the money...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 16:48
Blank
David Harman
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Would enterprise level companies need a platform to educate their employees? What tools currently exist?

Are there any available platforms that provide a way for big companies to educate their employees on procedures online? I am thinking of building such a solution and interested to hear thoughts if...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 11:30
Blank
Jasmine Williams
50 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Learning how to sell SaaS to enterprise clients?

I am the technical co-founder of my startup with some marketing experience (AdWords, SEO). What should I learn on how to sell software to enterprise clients?Our current customer base is mainly...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 08:54
Blank
Daryl Marks
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best way to refer to software app customization (in a Quote)

I have to provide a quote for a 12 month subscription to my SaaS app to a large company. The company wants Single Sign On integration. I will have an item in the quote for this work, but I'm...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 18:38
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Is enterprise software more difficult to sell than consumer software?

I see several questions on this site that discuss how, as a startup, to sell software to large businesses. On the other hand, Paul Graham of Y Combinator says that If you're building something for...

asked Jul 18 '13 at 08:00
Blank
Dan
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Price quote inquiry - best way to answer and find more?

I just received an inquiry about a price quote for a large amount of Users for our Online Suggestion Box tool Vetter, from a local government employee. He simply asked for the quote, no other...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 20:26
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
How to split equity between founders

We have a very complex team and our actual roles and skills are known to each other only after we started working and deciding the equities which would be vested in few years. We started working...

asked Sep 28 '12 at 13:08
Blank
User1699696
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Startup Enterprise Software License Agreement for the UK

I've been searching the valuable info in the posts and most suggest to use a lawyer to get a license agreement, especially for the enterprise software we've developed. It's costed by the number of...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 18:33
Blank
Bill
1 point

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.31K Views
Market validation for expensive, enterprise software

I have a working prototype for an enterprise software. It is basically a very niche product catering a subset of the engineering firm. Now, what I need, is to validate the market as soon and as...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 14:19
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
What to quote an enterprise customer

I've started a software consultancy and an large fortune 500 company has approached us for a project. it's an internal CMS that will take roughly 5-6 months to develop with a team of 3. This is the...

asked May 5 '12 at 10:21
Blank
Jordan
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How do you find enterprise clients, leads for your enterprise software or prospect work with you in developing one

First the business question, how do you find enterprise clients? Do a PPC on Adword? Cold call? How do you introduce yourself to companies you are looking to build an enterprise application for...

asked Jan 20 '12 at 07:58
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
Percentage of enterprises who have policies against using Cloud solutions

There is a lot of hype about cloud solutions and I am considering whether to develop a piece of software to be sold in the Enterprise Segment as a cloud solution or as a regular software solution...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 12:51
Blank
David
1,567 points

12 Votes
7 Answers
17.8K Views
How should I respond when a customer demands my financial statements?

Received this email today. A customer approaching the end of their trial period is demanding my financial statements. How should I respond? As part of XXXX's supplier management program, it is...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 12:54
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How to scale a startup?

We build a profitable startup In 2 years without any outside investment we are building enterprise software(and producing hardware) for Customer Service Improvement in different...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 07:06
Blank
It Samurai
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
What are key difference in the way SMEs and big companies buy IT solutions?

I am looking for reports/articles/research on how SMEs and big companies differ in their approach for finding and buying IT solutions. I would expect that ROI and the cost of the ownership play...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:50
Blank
Skarab
106 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.04K Views
How to communicate an increase in the yearly maintenance license?

I am selling an enterprise system. So far there has been no real sales-volume, so I do not have any price model to publish. The few customers I have are really happy with the solution. My...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 19:28
Blank
I Like Traffic Lights
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Are there any reasons not to sell software to large enterprises solely for a quarterly fee?

I am about to give an offer for software to a large enterprise. I know that it is normal to say that there is an upfront price for software and a yearly maintenance fee of around 18% of the upfront...

asked May 9 '11 at 06:06
Blank
David
1,567 points