Investors Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.69K Views
Different stages of funding for a new startup?

What are the different stages that a seed-stage startup goes through while getting funded? i.e. things like: Connect with junior associates at VCs Pitch to VC partner Pitch to all partners at the...

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.63K Views
Once you raise money from angel investors, how often do you contact them with status updates?

I'm new to the venture capital process. Once you raise a seed round from angel investors, how often are you supposed to contact them and keep them in the loop of things?Also, what sort of...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Joseph Sanders
12 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.06K Views
How to start a venture firm and get large investors to invest in your fund?

I have had a small exit in a previous startup and looking to start my own venture capital firm. I'm looking to start with a fund of at least $20M. Out of which, I will put in $1M of my own...

asked Jul 25 '14 at 18:57
Blank
David Blum
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Assets needed to provide angel investors?

Apart from a pitch deck, what assets should I have ready to send to investors on AngelList?Since all the deals on AngelList are done remotely (unless the investor is local to you and you meet them...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:59
Blank
Kris Vesey
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Finding angel investors outside of AngelList?

What are some ways to reach angel investors outside of platforms like AngelList? How did angel deals happen before it even existed?Would it be fair to say that most deals now only happen on their...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Charles Wilson
9 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to prepare to raise money from VCs?

What are the most likely questions that VCs ask startup founders? And what questions should I be asking myself before even getting started with raising our seed round?

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to figure out the best angel investors for you on AngelList?

Not all investors are alike. So how do you filter out the bad ones on platforms like AngelList?We are looking to raise $250K on their platform. Attracting popular names likes Dave Mclure is tough...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Charles Savoy
9 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.03K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Why do most seed investors want about 25% of your startup?

How did the industry settle on this figure (between 20 to 25%)?What was the calculation that led investors to this figure if whether a new startup wants to raise $500K or $1M?

0 Votes
0 Answers
How can an international startup raise money from VCs in silicon valley?

If a startup is based and registered in Europe, would it be possible to get venture capitalists in silicon valley to invest in a series A round?Do larger VC firms often invest in international...

asked Jul 24 '14 at 17:12
Blank
Alfred Loftus
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to raise money from investors without providing dibs to future rounds?

How could I approach someone for funding and require that he will be a initial investor, but not future rounds? What are the procedures and agreements what would be needed?

asked Jul 26 '14 at 15:38
Blank
Moustafa Ezzat
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.05K Views
How can I get fund for my new software? I have MVP!

I am an experienced computer developer, I was enjoying making computer programs since I was just 10, back to 1994. And since 2001, I started to create computer software as my part time and later...

asked Aug 18 '14 at 10:45
Blank
Shahab
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Early stage startup acqui-hire: will it hurt being able to raise funding in future?

If an early stage startup, that has raised a seed round from angels, decided to get acqui-hired by another company. Will that hurt the founders' ability to raise money for a future venture?In an...

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.18K Views
Whether investors or board members of a company take any payment.

I'm a bit curious to know whether investors or board members of a company take any payment. I didn't heard about it anywhere else. Can anyone give me an answer for this question?.

asked Oct 21 '14 at 09:39
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.24K Views
Why do VCs never outright say no to you if they're not going to invest?

My co-founder and I have pitched to tens of venture capital firms in the bay area. Not once have been openly told "no". It seems all the VCs give you an open ended reply that makes you feel hopeful...

asked Apr 29 '15 at 11:12
Blank
Mary Sterrett
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can co-founders take variable salaries in a seed funded startup?

We have raised a small round from angel investors and have a problem with setting a fixed salary:If we set a fixed salary, in the beginning stage of the startup, our monthly salary will increase...

asked May 22 '15 at 10:57
Blank
Michael Molloy
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Should I allow well wishers to participate as investors?

I have raised seed money from institutional investors. While I am going through the final documentation stage, three of my business well wishers are requesting to participate in this round as angel...

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.39K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.23K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
11.7K Views
Investor wants 51% shares of our company

We are five engineering students, going to start up a company. As there are many competitor companies in the market, we were looking for an investor to start very big. Fortunately, we found an...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 01:00
Blank
Akshat Nigam
50 points