Investors Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.91K Views
Is this style of fund-raising doable?

Scenario Give investors the option to have 50% of their equity returned as cash in the event that the cash value will equal their original investment amount. The idea is to make this a LOW RISK...

asked Nov 12 '18 at 20:19
Blank
Jackson Rollins
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Should I start with an app or a webpage?

Hello All, I am a new startup entrepreuner, from a non technical background and have two questions 1. What is better? app or app/webpage or webpage as the initial entry? 2. Currently...

asked Jan 2 '18 at 22:40
Blank
Health Aim Inc.
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.53K Views
Ethics and legality of leaving a company mid-raise

I am in a complicated situation and would appreciate advice from experienced founders and also investors so I take the right ethical course and also avoid legal issues. I am the CTO of a small...

asked May 29 '18 at 23:35
Blank
George84
1 point

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.71K Views
How can I get fund for my new software? I have MVP!

I am an experienced computer developer, I was enjoying making computer programs since I was just 10, back to 1994. And since 2001, I started to create computer software as my part time and later...

asked Aug 18 '14 at 10:45
Blank
Shahab
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
Why do VCs never outright say no to you if they're not going to invest?

My co-founder and I have pitched to tens of venture capital firms in the bay area. Not once have been openly told "no". It seems all the VCs give you an open ended reply that makes you feel hopeful...

asked Apr 29 '15 at 11:12
Blank
Mary Sterrett
12 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.01K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 05:54
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.78K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
18.3K Views
Investor wants 51% shares of our company

We are five engineering students, going to start up a company. As there are many competitor companies in the market, we were looking for an investor to start very big. Fortunately, we found an...

asked Aug 7 '12 at 01:00
Blank
Akshat Nigam
50 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.89K Views
Are VCs less likely to fund companies incorporated overseas?

Suppose I incorporate my company in Cayman Islands and then try to seek VC investment. Would VCs be more averse in investing in such companies compared to a company that is incorporated in Delaware?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Could funded startup founders work normal hours?

I am looking to raise our first round of capital from angels. My question might seem like I'm not fully invested in my startup, but I am. With a family at home, my days of working 80+ hours a week...

asked May 29 '14 at 16:33
Blank
Thomas Dunham
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
Should you seek funding if you don't yet have revenues or traction?

It seems that either revenue or traction are the biggest factors in being able to easily get venture capital. Should one pursue trying to raise money without either of those factors? At the moment...

asked May 28 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Cheryl Febus
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.06K Views
Average salary of a seed stage funded founder?

Assuming a startup raised a round smaller than $500K, what should the founder's salary be? The startup is located in San Francisco, so the cost of living is pretty high. Would angel investors be...

asked May 22 '14 at 12:57
Blank
Sylvia Rubio
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
Hiring interns instead of employees? Would it be a red flag for investors?

Would it be a red flag for investors if we (2 co-founders) have our entire team comprised of part time interns instead of full time employees? We are looking for a sizable seed round (between $1m...

asked May 16 '14 at 17:11
Blank
Karen Seals
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
Most important aspects of a team that investors look for?

What are the top factors that investors look for in a team? Do they only look at the team as a whole or do they also require the CEO to have certain credentials or background?

asked May 13 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Aaron Rew
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
What metrics are seed-stage investors interested in?

Our product is a B2B SaaS tool that has most of the users in the free plan. We do have a "Pro" plan, but not many people have converted to it yet and our marketing efforts till now have been to...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Monica Crandall
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Finding Local investors

I am planning to start a web service. I really don't understand business stuff, for that reason I need to hire a marketing and another business person. I live in Brisbane, Australia and wanting to...

asked Oct 2 '13 at 12:34
Blank
Sarp Kaya
102 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
How do I determine angel investor equity?

I have an opportunity to purchase a company. We're still working on the purchase price, but let's assume $100K for purposes of discussion. I do not have $100K. I would need to find an investor to...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 17:58
Blank
Carson McComas
1,023 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.39K Views
Has AngelList killed early-stage VCs?

Is there a point to trying to outreach to early-stage VCs when AngelList is far more convenient for startups?

asked Mar 2 '14 at 03:39
Blank
Janet Johnson
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How are startups able to raise so much money these days without a revenue model?

There are so many startups that not only don't generate revenue, but also don't even have a revenue model in place. Yet they are able to raise tens of millions in Series A. Are we in another bubble?

asked Mar 27 '14 at 12:12
Blank
Mark Green
50 points