Purchasing Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.1K Views
Buying sites on Flippa: what key metrics should I know?

When buying websites on Flippa, what is the key information I should do due diligence on?Also, isn't it possible to fake Google Analytics traffic fairly easily? Not just by modifying a screenshot,...

asked Apr 13 '14 at 13:11
Blank
Kelly Harden
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
How do I determine angel investor equity?

I have an opportunity to purchase a company. We're still working on the purchase price, but let's assume $100K for purposes of discussion. I do not have $100K. I would need to find an investor to...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 17:58
Blank
Carson McComas
1,023 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Should the first person in the pool pay for the water?

I am providing a quote for wireless service to a client. Without getting too technical, suffice it to say that their site will need a computer to perform this service. The interesting thing to note...

asked Apr 4 '13 at 04:26
Blank
Md Moore313
290 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.03K Views
How can an independent sourcing agent charge his clients?

I know that a sourcing agent can charge his clients by hourly rate, but I don't think it is a wise strategy. If a sourcing agent charges a percentage of each order, then he has to be in the middle,...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 14:37
Blank
Jack Chen
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Amortizing a an asset purchase

I'm writing a business plan. In the first year of operation I'm spending a big amount on machines. This skewed my P&L because I'm paying them in installments. Do I amortize them in my business...

asked Jun 17 '12 at 01:52
Blank
Random Joe
3 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Is it dangerous to buy equipment for a new LLC without guaranteed Income yet.

Hopefully I will manage to create an LLC pretty soon, within the next few weeks. I do not own a laptop and I was thinking in buying a laptop then I can write it off as a business expense. What...

asked May 8 '12 at 06:13
Blank
Viriato
144 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Trading company in UK VS trading company in China

I know there are trading companies in UK. They get orders in UK and they find suppliers in China and place orders with China suppliers. How does a British trading company get orders? I mean, why...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 08:28
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
I provide purchasing services for foreign companies. How to solve the problem of trust?

I am a purchasing agent for foreign companies. My clients find me on the Internet. I provide services so my clients pay me my service charge. They don't personally know me before they contact me. I...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 22:45
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
What is the usual procedure for importing components from a manufacturer in China and the usual method of payment?

What is the usual procedure for importing components from a manufacturer in China and the usual method of payment? I am starting a electronic kit business for which I need some DC motors with a...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Dave Mech Guru
118 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
How can I judge the reliability of a software product?

I am considering buying some software, which would do very advanced calculations/simulations for me. If this software provides wrong results, I could go bankrupt. I specifically did not want to...

asked May 16 '11 at 22:19
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
11.3K Views
How to reply to a prospective client's first inquiry in email?

I'm an English-Chinese interpreter and receive prospective clients' email inquiry about my services from time to time. However, I found quite a few clients become unresponsive after I reply to...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 18:18
Blank
Steven
1 point