Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.86K Views
Article writing service?

Anybody has recommendations for good article writing services for SEO purposes? Especially the one that actually writes for real people and not just churn out the article out of a random word...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 21:59
Blank
Adib
293 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.11K Views
What are some good SWAG items I should invest in for my product launch?

I'm launching a software product in August and I'm thinking about getting some quality SWAG items as giveaway items for new customers. I was thinking, for example, about getting some YETI travel...

asked Jun 2 '20 at 14:41
Blank
Elliot Easton
1 point

75 Votes
10 Answers
20.3K Views
I build good products, but can't get anyone to use them. What should I do?

I am a web developer. In the last year and a half, I've been working on several ideas, one after the other. I found that as much as I enjoy developing them, in the end, I keep bumping my head...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 17:06
Blank
Vondip
584 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.21K Views
Wait to develop mobile apps?

I'm in the middle of developing a site that focuses on restaurant reviews. My dilemma is whether or not to develop a mobile app and release it at the same time as the site launch. The site itself...

asked May 5 '11 at 03:54
Blank
Sam
509 points

37 Votes
11 Answers
7.89K Views
Sites where you can promote your startup?

What are the best sites or blogs to freely promote or prompt reviews for your new startup? (Except well-know sites like TechCrunch, ReadWriteWeb, and so on ... or other sites where you don't have...

asked Aug 27 '10 at 00:11
Blank
Ekvador
189 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.37K Views
SEO vs Media Buying: what is best for startups?

Which is better for a startup to focus on if you have to put all your resources into one basket?Pretty much every startup focuses exclusively on SEO efforts (which take a long time to get results,...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Joyce Hundt
22 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
When do I need a landing page service?

Many people seem to be very excited on "Landing Page services": What is the Best Landing Page Service? (Performable vs. HubSpot vs. Unbounce vs. ??) I have already my webapp which does have a...

asked Feb 4 '12 at 17:44
Blank
Christian
3,590 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.18K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.29K Views
What is the best way to use stickers in marketing?

I have recruitment startup based on web application , I purchased 5000 sticker with the logo,slogan and the link of the startup on it. now I'm really confused how could I use the stickers in...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 22:10
Blank
Waseem Abu Senjer
28 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.78K Views
Expected user base calculated by installs & retention

I know there is a way to calculate the expected size of a user base over time based on the new acquisitions and retention. But how?

asked Oct 22 '18 at 06:50
Blank
Gabriël Van Der Kruijk
1 point

43 Votes
3 Answers
17.7K Views
Are there any blogs or websites introducing new websites?

I want to know is there any blogs or websites introducing some of new websites? New start-up websites are always looking for report and introduction by other famous websites. As we know,...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Anlai
375 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
How to deal with competitors who are constantly slashing their prices?

I recently noticed that one of our competitors has been very aggressive in slashing their product prices. Although our costs are relatively low I am not much of a fan in reducing our product prices...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 15:16
Blank
Bernie
23 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
10K Views
How to find leads for outsourced software development projects?

We are a team of Ruby on Rails professionals skilled to create good web applications. What we are lacking is the marketing side of the business and we are looking to talk to people/companies who...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 05:35
Blank
User
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.04K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
Best ways for a software development company to attract US market

My company is an Indian based software development company and i would like to grab works from foreign countries like US and middle east. Before that i need a better marketing strategy. Please...

asked Nov 26 '13 at 01:35
Blank
Sona
1 point

0 Votes
5 Answers
9.96K Views
How to get people to post on a new classifieds website

I have an upcoming website that will go live in about a month from now. The design and development has been going at a smooth pace so far. Since I don't program I have a developer make it for me....

asked Jun 14 '11 at 09:10
Blank
Sahil
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.29K Views
Advertising - Yard Signs

I found a few places online that sell yard signs for advertising in neighborhoods (you usually see these signs for political ads, yard services, etc) and I was curious if anyone has a good...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 04:33
Blank
Whoiskb
183 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.88K Views
How to negotiate exclusive deals/offers to my site's members?

I would like to have a directory of companies that have exclusive deals/offers to my site's members (based on vouchers and coupons). So, basically I would have to contact companies and ask them if...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 07:32
Blank
Rui
364 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.7K Views
Offering customers a discount in exchange of social media publicity - Does this make sense?

Yesterday, I added the following special deal in my service web site : Help us promoting the site (blogging/tweetting about it, sharing the link in facebook, google+, delicious,… and committing to...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Jordi Cabot
243 points