Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.09K Views
How to negotiate exclusive deals/offers to my site's members?

I would like to have a directory of companies that have exclusive deals/offers to my site's members (based on vouchers and coupons). So, basically I would have to contact companies and ask them if...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 07:32
Blank
Rui
364 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.01K Views
Should I offer discount coupons for beta users when turning to paid service

This is bit generic question, however I would appreciate to hear different opinions. I have developed a user based over the last couple of months for my online SAAS business. Now I am going to end...

asked May 10 '12 at 04:21
Blank
Ruvana
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.16K Views
Can a business use Whatapp to send marketing offers to it's customers?

Considering our customers provide us their phone number, and a significant size of the population uses Whatsapp. Should we sent them our coupons and offers via Whatsapp instead of email?Emails get...

asked May 15 '14 at 13:42
Blank
Lee Schoonover
7 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.27K Views
Offering customers a discount in exchange of social media publicity - Does this make sense?

Yesterday, I added the following special deal in my service web site : Help us promoting the site (blogging/tweetting about it, sharing the link in facebook, google+, delicious,… and committing to...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Jordi Cabot
243 points

43 Votes
4 Answers
7.46K Views
Are there any blogs or websites introducing new websites?

I want to know is there any blogs or websites introducing some of new websites? New start-up websites are always looking for report and introduction by other famous websites. As we know,...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Anlai
375 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
6.28K Views
Startup Marketing - Commission Based?

I own a computer repair business where all work is done remotely over the internet (serving throughout the US). I started this business on a shoestring budget and I'm trying to do my best at...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 00:47
Blank
James
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Pre-launch pages: what should you have on them?

What makes some pre-launch sites great? There is a lot of talk about beginning to market your site well before launch. How does one do that on a "coming soon" page?Most of the pages I've seen just...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 12:44
Blank
Michael Strunk
19 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.96K Views
Business development /Sales strategy for a startup

I am ready with my product ( a marketing/discovery platform for local retailers) . I have started connecting with local retail chain stores - managed to get a few contacts in their marketing...

asked Jul 24 '13 at 23:41
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.21K Views
Should you care about branding when first launching a startup?

Is it worth worrying about branding principles (name, logo, slogan, etc) when launching your app? Or should that come afterwards once you get some customers?One issue is that renaming a company...

asked May 21 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Brian Flores
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
5.47K Views
How to promote a Kickstarter project?

We have a new project will launch on Kickstarter(crowdfunding website) soon, I want to know if there is any good free promotion method to let more people know our product, except Facebook, Twitter...

asked Feb 6 '15 at 15:39
Blank
User34252
11 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
1.69K Views
Can one person do both Marketing & Sales/Business-Development jobs?

Context: We are a small 3-developer company that sells Windows desktop software for small businesses on our website. We believe that we need both: "Marketing" - i.e. one-to-many interactions,...

asked Mar 5 '10 at 04:00
Blank
Polemarch
301 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
8.49K Views
Need to create a professional Demo / Video Tutorial for my Software Application

I am creating a desktop application and i'll need a video tutorial / demo for the app, to put on my company website. The purpose of the video is to obviously explain how to use the program, but to...

asked Aug 2 '10 at 15:39
Blank
Tanvir Chowdhury
165 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.1K Views
What are some common social media marketing mistakes that beginners make?

For someone just starting to get their feet wet in social media, what are some common mistakes that people make? I'll be focusing primarily on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

asked Feb 14 '14 at 15:38
Blank
User30126
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.41K Views
Social media freelancers: how do you manage all your clients?

What tools do you use to manage multiple clients? At the moment, since I am just starting out, I either just store all credentials in an excel file and login to each social account manually... or...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 15:58
Blank
Owen Stowers
2 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
2.77K Views
Marketing/Lead generation Partner

Hi I am about to complete a working prototype of an application which is targeted towards other businesses. My strengths lie towards the technical side of the solution, hence would like to...

asked Jan 7 '15 at 06:41
Blank
Suhaib Taqvi
13 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.8K Views
Strategies to get a deal when doing direct media buys?

When contacting smaller sites (< 200K uniques a month) to buy media directly (banner ads), what are some strategies to get a great deal?Right now I try to send a low ball figure to gauge...

asked Jul 29 '14 at 15:41
Blank
Pauline Vest
9 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
SEO vs Media Buying: what is best for startups?

Which is better for a startup to focus on if you have to put all your resources into one basket?Pretty much every startup focuses exclusively on SEO efforts (which take a long time to get results,...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Joyce Hundt
22 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Allocating capital resources after an angel round: product development or marketing?

We are going to close a $200K seed round later this month. How should a startup allocate this early round of financing. Should you spend more on product development or marketing the MVP?

asked Jul 7 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Robert Futral
2 points