Business Process Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.21K Views
Wait to develop mobile apps?

I'm in the middle of developing a site that focuses on restaurant reviews. My dilemma is whether or not to develop a mobile app and release it at the same time as the site launch. The site itself...

asked May 5 '11 at 03:54
Blank
Sam
509 points

12 Votes
9 Answers
20.1K Views
What's the opposite of "Lean?"

All I hear about nowadays is the Lean Movement. I like it, but what is it rebelling against? The status quo, I know, but what's the name of non-lean thought? For example, the opposite of "Agile"...

asked Jun 6 '10 at 10:23
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How to create a process-driven culture?

We have successfully grow our company beyond the startup phase to the expansion phase. now, we're acquiring clients very fast and we need to swiftly and consistently train new members of our...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
Planning for an Acquisition Strategy

I am a software developer half-way through the design and prototyping of what I believe will be a very successful new software product. Soon I will begin development, and am currently planning on...

asked May 6 '13 at 12:02
Blank
Ticket Monster
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Tracking all work/items-delivered are invoiced

We are a small business and use Xero.com (which is an accounting system without ERP functionality). What we have found that we have at times lost track of items requested by the customer, and have...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 05:57
Blank
G18c
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
14.2K Views
What's the best way to deal with a proforma invoice?

I have a supplier that sends me invoices in advance, with so many days to pay. I want to enter these invoices into my accounting software as soon as they arrive, so I know what my commitment is for...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 03:59
Blank
Tim Long
108 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.96K Views
Examples of tasks you have successfully delegated

I am looking for examples of tasks that you have successfully delegated to others - be it either in house staff, virtual assistants or outsourcing.

asked Jan 13 '12 at 02:33
Blank
Ryan
1,365 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
What is an acceptable time period for a refund?

I setting up a marketplace style transaction system and I was wondering what an acceptable time period for refunds would be, On one hand it would be nice to get the money to them immediately on the...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 05:24
Blank
Bluemoon
136 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Role of Business Partner While Developer is Developing

So... in a startup... im the techie/developer of the business, my partner is the business side. While, I'm developing this elaborate application... what should he be doing? What do business people...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 10:52
Blank
Meow
56 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Where to start?

So this is my situation: I've got an idea and I don't have much programming skills - I'm 16 and about to start uni for the first time in a couple of months and I'm in for Software Engineering....

asked Oct 14 '11 at 17:18
Blank
Tushar747
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
What is affiliate tracking?

I was reading up on some stuff which may help me setup a start up. Basically I came across "affiliate tracking", read it, but was still not quite sure what exactly does it do. What is the purpose...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 08:51
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
What methodology do you use to control business cofounders?

Here is a story behind: We had our small startup found (me and my friend are so called technical guys) by one of the major VC. They gave us so called parental advisory, one of the managers form...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 19:16
Blank
Patrick
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Right action, right time--what's the next action?

I'm following the lean startup/customer development process (particularly Ash Maurya's 'Running Lean' book) and I have been implementing tasks in parallel rather than in a queue. At the moment, I...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Steps to take after designing an app prototype

We are going to start creating an iPhone app prototype with Keynotopia.com. The app will be an add-on to our website which is currently in dev. Once the app prototype is complete, what are the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Considerations in outsourcing your website and app development

Before contracting a developer, what should be considered? Legally what documents are standard and recommended, and why?

asked Jun 2 '11 at 12:20
Blank
Sam
509 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Are processes and procedures only for enterprises?

I've had the opportunity to work at quite a few startups. One thing I've to be common in them is adhoc way of doing things and ignorance towards processes, best practices and known project...

asked May 18 '11 at 14:57
Blank
Hasan Khan
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Looking for a solution/methodology to optimize communication & organization between sales and tech-support/development teams

Before I get into the question, I’d like to mention that this is my first venture where I am a decision maker, it's been great but as you will see below, due to some inexperience, I am stumped as...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Danny
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Cheques made out in business name (UK)

I am planning on setting up a private limited company with my brother. We are going to register with the companies house with the business name (example) "123". Once we are registered, and have a...

asked Mar 1 '11 at 09:34
Blank
Tom
480 points

7 Votes
9 Answers
4.03K Views
Developing and formalizing sales process

From day one and until recently our sales process was awesomely non-existent and very much adhoc. As we sell creative and web software development services, and lack of good process bit us in the...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 09:12
Blank
Alex
262 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Should I use a PO Box to handle my companies returns?

I have a small online retail store and am trying to figure out the best way to deal with returns in terms of shipping address. I looked into virtual mail boxes which give you a physical street...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 02:41
Blank
Earthy Crunchy Mama
40 points