Focus Questions

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.08K Views
How to keep yourself motivated

I know many questions with same subject has been asked, i am asking this question after reading many of them. I am working as an IT person to keep doing my day to day expenses but there is one...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Finding Nemo
43 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.64K Views
I get a ton of startup ideas. How to decide which one to work on?

I'm constantly getting startup ideas. It's always been a problem for me as I often lose focus on the current project and want to jump ship onto the next idea which has me excited.How can I decide...

asked May 1 '15 at 11:57
Blank
Kristen Becker
12 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Quickest way to remove stress?

What's the fastest way to get your focus back when you are stressed out from work? Preferably something that doesn't require more than 30 minutes.We're bootstrapping our startup so I've have been...

asked Apr 7 '14 at 10:14
Blank
Alvin Schultz
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
Physical hacks (diet, nootropics) you use to be more focused mentally?

I'm into bio-hacking and would love to know what other entrepreneurs are doing to keep their body and mind in prime condition.Which diet do you follow? Do you take any supplements / nootropics?

asked Mar 18 '14 at 19:26
Blank
Larry Waller
55 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
focus on only one target or try at least a few?

Because of the nature of startups, they have multiple ways of proceeding with the product. this is the problem right now for us. we were planning to for go for global but now we noticed there is a...

asked Feb 21 '12 at 20:16
Blank
Altuure
103 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.44K Views
Startup losing its focus, is there danger in overextending?

I am a software engineer working at a startup of less than 5 years that has a mildly successful software that brings in enough money to keep the lights on and everybody paid. I am currently the...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 22:41
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Right action, right time--what's the next action?

I'm following the lean startup/customer development process (particularly Ash Maurya's 'Running Lean' book) and I have been implementing tasks in parallel rather than in a queue. At the moment, I...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Six Months Into Start-Up - Focus On One Client or Expand Platforms?

I am currently working for a start-up and our first product has been in development for several months. We have reached a fork in the road and I would like to ask the OnStartups community for some...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 13:55
Blank
Travis Truett
127 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Focus Group for marketing how and effectiveness (Boot Strapped)?

I'm a B2C start up bootstraping. I'm working on a software product and am looking for techniques to talk with my hopeful customers. Working a real time dictionary solution that integrates and...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 01:22
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3K Views
Do you think that startup geolocation is relevant in a software vendor marketplace?

I've got an answer for this, or at least... I hope to have an answer, that is 'No'. But since I'm a newcomer with very poor experience in this wonderful world that is 'starting up', I'd like to...

asked Jul 9 '10 at 16:34
Blank
Thesp0nge
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
How do you know your product or service is market ready?

Is there a checklist or some stats that anyone has used that gives a comfort level to getting to a minimum valid product? I'm a lone startup ISV and find that I need to take extra effort to...

asked Jun 5 '10 at 00:42
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.5K Views
Turning around a startup

A year ago, my friends and I started a company based on a big (relatively) project referred to us by a friend. Now the project is complete and we've gotten deals with several companies to build...

asked Mar 13 '10 at 19:42
Blank
Startup Struggler
77 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.67K Views
How to get the passion back and to stay focused and organized?

I've been running my business for 3 years now. It's grown substantially and doing quite well but I seem to be losing the passion of running the business. I'm interested in doing newer things but...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 22:36
Blank
Sam
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
System/Advice for LT Goals Yet Allow for Unplanned Opportunities

With the new year approaching, I am working on my 2010 goals and priorities. In the past I used Franklin Planners and Outlook. I also have a Blackberry. I continuously look for ways to help me stay...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 05:03
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points

16 Votes
13 Answers
5.09K Views
How do you keep yourself motivated?

A lot of entrepreneurs and founders have those 'down times' when they're in a strange funk, slightly burned out from the startup for one reason or another. Some of these reasons may be an...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:21
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points