Software Questions

Successful startups make money by offering people better technology than they have now.

3 Votes
6 Answers
6.63K Views
Revenue sharing for mobile app development

I have a company that is interested in developing my mobile app idea for me. They are vey interested in ongoing development of it and will even help with marketing. They are asking for a revenue...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 10:13
Blank
Kevin
16 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
57.4K Views
Getting projects for a software development startup?

I want to start a software company based mainly on web application development and designing. So my question is, to whom should I contact in a software company to get projects or how can i contact...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 15:26
Blank
Agnihotram Srikanth
29 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.57K Views
Getting projects for a software development company

We have formed our company (that is, incorporation is in progress) this November (2012). Our company focuses on IT service management (ITSM) solutions and have very skilled professionals in the...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 00:19
Blank
Rajagopal S
11 points

15 Votes
6 Answers
34.5K Views
How big software companies get projects?

When a big business tycoon opens a software companies, they get projects of millions of dollars, and the company is always flooded with projects. While if it is a startup that initiates from a...

asked Oct 31 '10 at 14:17
Blank
Rpk
208 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
6.25K Views
What is the best helpdesk software for small business?

I’m looking for a simple, functional and cost-effective helpdesk software on the cloud. Which is the best to use for a small business? I’ve already tried OsTicket, had some issues with ticket...

asked Apr 7 '17 at 10:03
Blank
Bilbao
1 point

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
Starting relationships for offshore software company

I'm a software developer from Argentina looking to start a long lasting trust relationship with software entrepeneurs for providing high quality offshore development/programming services. Does...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 04:00
Blank
Adrianboimvaser
107 points

12 Votes
9 Answers
6.37K Views
Software Licensing/Copy Protection - DIY or Buy?

As an ISV/software publisher, would you produce your own licensing/copy protection solution, or would you buy into a professional solution? Which route would you choose and why?

asked Jun 8 '10 at 18:59
Blank
Clare
61 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.07K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

16 Votes
6 Answers
8.48K Views
Have the ideas, found the niche...what to do first?

I have found two completely seaprate niches, and identified the target markets for them both. I have comprehensive ideas and details on how the applications should work. I have a developer that I...

asked May 19 '10 at 08:00
Blank
Kerry
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.21K Views
What if your customers ask how much your software costs you to make?

We have built a white-label forum software that we license to B2B customers for internal use. One question that sometimes comes up during the sales cycle is: "How much does it cost you to...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 16:12
Blank
Melvin Burdette
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.72K Views
Using Open Source software as a marketing tactic?

Is it a good idea to offer a less featured version of your software as open source as a marketing strategy? It obviously has worked well for companies like MySQL and wondering if it could work for...

asked Sep 9 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Glenda Gregory
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.05K Views
Where to find work in a part-time startup?

I am a software engineer. I am looking to work in some startup part time (paid or non-paid). Something to do after work or on the weekends. What is the best in-person place in the SF bay area or...

asked Oct 21 '14 at 01:27
Blank
Dan
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
6.77K Views
Why are code-signing (and SSL) certificates so expensive?

I was looking for cheap code-signing certificates, but all I saw were over $100/year. I think the same applies to SSL certificates. I read some references to insurance coverage amounts, maybe to...

asked Oct 1 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

24 Votes
8 Answers
6.58K Views
How to start a software company?

I have an idea in my mind, for this idea I want to invest more time and money in making it a fully developed product. So far, whatever small software products I have created are for a small niche...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 00:18
Blank
Iamgopal
221 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.27K Views
How to do effective marketing of a software design and development company to win more clients/projects?

We are a small software design and development company with expertise in the areas on facebook apps, iphone, android apps development. Most of our clients/projects have come from sites like Elance,...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 19:44
Blank
Ali
179 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.26K Views
List all the tools you're using this week for your startup.

What are all the tools you are using for your startups this week? It's interesting to see what other founders are using, and a good way to discover new tools.Here are mine: Google...

asked May 12 '14 at 13:26
Blank
Jeannie Smith
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.89K Views
Technical founders: what tools would lessen your productivity if they didn't exist?

What are the some technical tools and software that you use, which if they didn't exist, would put a sizable dent in your productivity?

asked May 15 '14 at 15:11
Blank
Margaret Roberson
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Benefits to end-users for choosing SaaS over regular software?

If there are two competitors, both offering the exact same solution. The only difference is that one is a normal software that the user installs on their computer, while the other is a web based...

asked Apr 27 '14 at 15:27
Blank
Evelyn Barr
14 points