Trial Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.95K Views
Options to make initial customer experience as compelling as possible

When a customer signs up for a free trial, often their mind gets made up in the first few hours or even minutes of using the product. Our app has a number of steps which need to be completed...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Comparison of sites that force email activation vs. ones that accept any email

I'm looking for a comparison of SaaS websites that force email activation versus ones that do not. Similar to how some websites review a checkout process across multiple domains.

asked Oct 23 '12 at 20:33
Blank
Anagio
293 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
What is good conversion from trial to paid for SaaS?

I wonder what is a good conversion ratio from trial to paid for B2B SaaS which costs $10/month. Our service is about cloud management. We have conversion of 20% (20% of people end up paying at the...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 04:41
Blank
User84686
139 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.91K Views
Should I provide a trial version or a money-back guarantee?

I am about to launch a small time management/GTD desktop utility for Windows in $10 - $15 price range. Now I have a dilemma. Should I provide a trial version or a money back guarantee? Here is my...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 17:31
Blank
Aku
229 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Desktop Software Startup: Offering Free Version and 30 day Trial overkill?

Basically, I am doing pay per feature for my desktop software. I offer a base version which is free, but has limited functionality. I also offer 15 day trial on specific features users wants to...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Full Version Trials or Limited Versions or Both?

Here's a dillema I am having for a desktop java application. Do you offer a full version with a 30 day trial? My concern is that people setting back their time inside virtualizations or somehow...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:06
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
Free Trials - Open registration Vs. Credit Card required

Does anyone have personal experience, good articles, or case studies that document the pros and cons of offering a free trial with no obligation (i.e. you don't collect credit card information at...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 04:25
Blank
Jeff
154 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
Free trial in a tiered SaaS application

Suppose I have a SaaS application which has several subsctiption plans (think "Basic" for 2 users and this much of storage space, "Starter" for 5 users... you know the drill) What will be the the...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Adding LITE version to current product

I have a web-based service that requires a paid subscription. In fact I have the following subscription levels: 3-day trial 1 month 1 year In my personal opinion, the main value of the service...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 03:39
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.93K Views
Require Credit Card for Trial Sign-up

We are rethinking our 30-day trial for our B2B (small business) CMS. It is a very niche service and we have about 600 active paying subscribers at this point. In the past, I have always subscribed...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 00:31
Blank
Simon H
301 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
3.23K Views
Should I be concerned with a 0.2% conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped web service that targets consumers. It has a free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is respectable, ranging from 10% to 15% on 300 samples. However, my conversion...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 22:14
Blank
Nick
173 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Are there any drawbacks to releasing a free beta for a paid product?

I am building an application in my spare time, and I want to get my plan right from the start. I think Freemium would not work for me given several constraints I have. The approach I want to use is...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 03:37
Blank
Andrea Raimondi
131 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Start up employment - Trial period with ambugious compensation, how to evaluate?

A company (pre-funding) wants to do a 3 month trial period with me. I received an offer for X shares of stock. How do I determine if I am properly compensated for my efforts? The value I would...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 17:41
Blank
Daniel
157 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
Which software trial strategy is best?

Days based (7/14/30 days trial) or usage based (15/30 logins/transactions etc. trial). Has somebody compiled any empirical data to see which strategy is better? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

asked Jun 1 '11 at 16:16
Blank
Ali
179 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
One-day-access trial pricing plan

I have a Japanese learning community website... Currently there are three main plans... Free: Access some of the content (some 20 lessons, a few cheat sheets, etc.), for free, forever. This is...

asked Jan 20 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Philip Seifi
132 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Correlating trialware expiration with date of purchase

It makes intuitive sense that customers who complete the trial* version of your software are more likely to purchase it, but it cannot be so easily deduced that the converse is true, i.e. that...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 17:29
Blank
Pate
306 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How many paid users during, near and after the trial period

I just started selling my software and I wanted to know what is your average percentage of paid subscribers for each week during/after a 30 day trial period. Example: For 100 users who have paid...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 19:40
Blank
Tom
23 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.29K Views
How do you overcome the "free trial" objection?

A lot of products and services come with free trials and money-back guarntees, which sets the bar pretty low for those who don't/can't provide either. Obviously, the trick is to establish value and...

asked Mar 29 '10 at 11:08
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
Best way to tell users to upgrade from lite version to full version in a desktop app

We have a lite version of our desktop software and many features have been removed in this version. What's the best way to tell people we have those features but they can't access because it's the...

asked Feb 17 '10 at 20:43
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points