Trial Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
Would it be too intrusive to SMS customers once a month?

In the signup process for our CRM software, we collect cell phone numbers from customers. Would it be too intrusive to SMS a tip on how to better use the software once/twice a month?They would be...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 14:40
Blank
Jennifer Hillyard
14 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
What's a reasonable "trial" project for a potential non-technical cofounder?

I have a software product which has been developed to the demo-able stage and I'm currently pitching it to potential customers. It's a B2B product, with a small number of big sales, as opposed to a...

asked Jul 18 '14 at 18:48
Blank
Ben West
111 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
Options to make initial customer experience as compelling as possible

When a customer signs up for a free trial, often their mind gets made up in the first few hours or even minutes of using the product. Our app has a number of steps which need to be completed...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Bhttoan
725 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
Comparison of sites that force email activation vs. ones that accept any email

I'm looking for a comparison of SaaS websites that force email activation versus ones that do not. Similar to how some websites review a checkout process across multiple domains.

asked Oct 23 '12 at 20:33
Blank
Anagio
293 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
What is good conversion from trial to paid for SaaS?

I wonder what is a good conversion ratio from trial to paid for B2B SaaS which costs $10/month. Our service is about cloud management. We have conversion of 20% (20% of people end up paying at the...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 04:41
Blank
User84686
139 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
Should I provide a trial version or a money-back guarantee?

I am about to launch a small time management/GTD desktop utility for Windows in $10 - $15 price range. Now I have a dilemma. Should I provide a trial version or a money back guarantee? Here is my...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 17:31
Blank
Aku
229 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Desktop Software Startup: Offering Free Version and 30 day Trial overkill?

Basically, I am doing pay per feature for my desktop software. I offer a base version which is free, but has limited functionality. I also offer 15 day trial on specific features users wants to...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Full Version Trials or Limited Versions or Both?

Here's a dillema I am having for a desktop java application. Do you offer a full version with a 30 day trial? My concern is that people setting back their time inside virtualizations or somehow...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:06
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
Free Trials - Open registration Vs. Credit Card required

Does anyone have personal experience, good articles, or case studies that document the pros and cons of offering a free trial with no obligation (i.e. you don't collect credit card information at...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 04:25
Blank
Jeff
154 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Free trial in a tiered SaaS application

Suppose I have a SaaS application which has several subsctiption plans (think "Basic" for 2 users and this much of storage space, "Starter" for 5 users... you know the drill) What will be the the...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Adding LITE version to current product

I have a web-based service that requires a paid subscription. In fact I have the following subscription levels: 3-day trial 1 month 1 year In my personal opinion, the main value of the service...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 03:39
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
Require Credit Card for Trial Sign-up

We are rethinking our 30-day trial for our B2B (small business) CMS. It is a very niche service and we have about 600 active paying subscribers at this point. In the past, I have always subscribed...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 00:31
Blank
Simon H
301 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
1.08K Views
Should I be concerned with a 0.2% conversion rate?

I have a new bootstrapped web service that targets consumers. It has a free trial offer. The visit to trial conversion is respectable, ranging from 10% to 15% on 300 samples. However, my conversion...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 22:14
Blank
Nick
173 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
Are there any drawbacks to releasing a free beta for a paid product?

I am building an application in my spare time, and I want to get my plan right from the start. I think Freemium would not work for me given several constraints I have. The approach I want to use is...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 03:37
Blank
Andrea Raimondi
131 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Start up employment - Trial period with ambugious compensation, how to evaluate?

A company (pre-funding) wants to do a 3 month trial period with me. I received an offer for X shares of stock. How do I determine if I am properly compensated for my efforts? The value I would...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 17:41
Blank
Daniel
157 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Which software trial strategy is best?

Days based (7/14/30 days trial) or usage based (15/30 logins/transactions etc. trial). Has somebody compiled any empirical data to see which strategy is better? Appreciate your thoughts on this.

asked Jun 1 '11 at 16:16
Blank
Ali
179 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
One-day-access trial pricing plan

I have a Japanese learning community website... Currently there are three main plans... Free: Access some of the content (some 20 lessons, a few cheat sheets, etc.), for free, forever. This is...

asked Jan 20 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Philip Seyfi
132 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
Correlating trialware expiration with date of purchase

It makes intuitive sense that customers who complete the trial* version of your software are more likely to purchase it, but it cannot be so easily deduced that the converse is true, i.e. that...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 17:29
Blank
Pate
306 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
How many paid users during, near and after the trial period

I just started selling my software and I wanted to know what is your average percentage of paid subscribers for each week during/after a 30 day trial period. Example: For 100 users who have paid...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 19:40
Blank
Tom
23 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
1.35K Views
How do you overcome the "free trial" objection?

A lot of products and services come with free trials and money-back guarntees, which sets the bar pretty low for those who don't/can't provide either. Obviously, the trick is to establish value and...

asked Mar 29 '10 at 11:08
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,891 points