Product Launch Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
My product is better than the competitor and I can afford to lower the price. Should I ask for a higher price or sell cheaper?

I have a product that costs less than the competitors' to manufacture, so I know that I can afford to ask for a lower amount of money, but I know that my product is better. Should I then ask my...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 18:55
Blank
Robert Kotula
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
What is the liability risk for a FREE SAAS service? What are the risks of launching a free SAAS without Incorporating(sole prop)?

I have developed a SAAS application that I would like to launch as a free service. Will a free offering have lesser/zero liability vs a paid one? I find the thought of incorporation with all the...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 06:49
Blank
Jarnal
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
When to decide how to monetize your product?

I am not sure if I should wait till I have multitudes of users, or just start monetizing it now. My first instinct would be just to allow it to be monetized by ads. I only need it to pay for...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 08:03
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
about launching concurrent projects

yes, I have a couple of them that I do not want to give up any. Supposing they all got very positive feedback from very initial surveys, I would like to request your views on the possibility of...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 01:07
Blank
Menesa
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Prioritizing: more features for a web version or mobile app first?

We are in a pretty early stage. We have a beta of our web app ready, some user testing finished, and we're just about to do a launch. At this point we have two options: Add more features to the...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 08:23
Blank
Stpn
123 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
Commercial product name similar to open source product name

I have a commercial software product that will be launching soon. It has a very similar name to a piece of open source software in a non-English speaking country. The only difference is a...

asked Jan 2 '13 at 08:38
Blank
Firstresponder
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
What should you take into consideration when putting a price tag on your product?

When launching a new product, I find that my team and I get nervous when trying to decide what sort of price tag to put on it. Just for the sake of example, we have no access to any sort of...

asked Jan 10 '13 at 02:11
Blank
Josh Terrill
13 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Explain product by example?

Is it a good idea to describe the features of a product/service by making fictional scenarious how to use this product? I know the best aproach would be to present at first the problem and show...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 18:39
Blank
Ovonel
33 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.75K Views
1-man show, coder/marketing/everything else... 10 months in the making, too long?

As a 1-man show I've been building a social startup for the last 10 months. A lot of the time on development has been spent learning a new programming language (Ruby on Rails) and also all the...

asked Sep 29 '12 at 22:54
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Just went live and need funding- what do I need to prove?

I just launched an online platform that allows inidividuals to video chat based on their interests. Unfortunately, Sean Parker launched a similar concept last week but it just means we are both on...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 13:01
Blank
Kumar
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
About to launch - based in Prague

I'm about to launch a social travel network PhD colleague. It uses a complex algorithm to rank results and recommendations. We've just concluded the development and must say that we made mistakes...

asked May 29 '12 at 00:47
Blank
Jan
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Should I describe my differentiators on my website, or will the competition copy from me?

I'm launching a website with some features that are different from my two competitors. One of my competitors established a website in 2008, and one launched in January. A friend told me not to...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Afnan Bashir
103 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.24K Views
Affordable email marketing for Prelaunch Page

I'm making a prelaunch page for my start-up. I have my page designed, but now I need an affordable or maybe even free way to email all the subscribers who input their email to receive...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 21:42
Blank
User744319
94 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Product reached alpha stage but potential customer left

Initially a potential customer asked us whether we can design product X with features ABC. Now, we have built an alpha-stage product. We are ready for a demo of product X with feature ABC, but the...

asked Jan 19 '12 at 23:41
Blank
Kamal
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How can I get to product-market fit?

Context: I've been reading up on lean startups for a year and have been flailing unsuccessfully trying to launch one. It's been a tough go, but I have gained a lot of validated learning through my...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
On launching new web application, build or campaign first?

I'm a software guy so the approach I tend towards is to build something which does at least some core functionality first before telling anyone about it, and refine it through usage. But recently...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 21:18
Blank
Barra MacMathuna
133 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.23K Views
Launched, getting clicks, what now?

So this is the first desktop application I have ever written. Over the weekend, I set up Adwords, and started getting some clicks. What is my next step here? Should I continue to work on the...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 07:37
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
How much traffic should a site have before selling ad space makes sense?

I am just about to launch my site. I am launching it completely ad free. I am doing this for a few reasons. First, the site looks cleaner. Second, people may be more inclined to use the site if...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 08:19
Blank
User5765
106 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.41K Views
Startup "Press Release" months before alpha/beta product available

So I am currently developing a web project with is SaaS, I'm committed to the project, but in order to judge the market while I work on it I was considering doing a some blogs post about the...

asked Oct 22 '11 at 10:04
Blank
E Wizard Ii
150 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Trello: Launching as a platform or as a specialized product

Why did the Trello team decide to lunch as a general platform for many different use cases and not as a specialized product for a specific vertical? https://trello.com/

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:09
Blank
Tomer London
16 points