Product Release Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
My product is better than the competitor and I can afford to lower the price. Should I ask for a higher price or sell cheaper?

I have a product that costs less than the competitors' to manufacture, so I know that I can afford to ask for a lower amount of money, but I know that my product is better. Should I then ask my...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 18:55
Blank
Robert Kotula
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
What should you take into consideration when putting a price tag on your product?

When launching a new product, I find that my team and I get nervous when trying to decide what sort of price tag to put on it. Just for the sake of example, we have no access to any sort of...

asked Jan 10 '13 at 02:11
Blank
Josh Terrill
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
What Happens After funding and Product Development?

I've been running my own online business and do very well from it however I'm looking to go to take it to the next level as i found there is a ceiling in my current business of mid 6 figures....

asked Feb 21 '12 at 17:43
Blank
Jake
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
1 man coder/designer/marketeer best practice/strategy for launching social network startup?

Is there a best practice roadmap based on proof of concepts methods when you release a webapplication / startup as a 1-man "company" ? There are several options I have been looking at for getting...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 00:05
Blank
Rubytastic
139 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
How can I get to product-market fit?

Context: I've been reading up on lean startups for a year and have been flailing unsuccessfully trying to launch one. It's been a tough go, but I have gained a lot of validated learning through my...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Should I expect sales from an early release?

After doing some game development in my spare time and not being able to find a decent editor for simple 2D animations and spritesheet manipulation, I decided to knock one together. A year later...

asked May 19 '11 at 22:05
Blank
Sam
176 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
Best Practices For Releasing Features?

My question is two-fold: 1) If this is the age of iterative, and small releases, how do people pull off big releases? Are they in essence waiting too long to release the many small parts that make...

asked May 1 '11 at 05:36
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
2.78K Views
How complete do you make your product before launching it?

I am familiar with the concept of agile development and the ideology of releasing the product and then based on the market feedback perfecting it. I was wondering at what point do you stop the...

asked Jun 22 '10 at 23:37
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
Benefits of private vs public beta?

Here's the scenario: There is a product with a high learning curve while it's still in beta, but this will be alleviated in the release version. The product is at a point where it is no longer...

asked Apr 21 '10 at 20:21
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.73K Views
Release early and often or release when ready? - Pros vs Cons

Is one better than the other? Does either provide a greater chance of success? Any examples would be great. Early - pros The product is never "really" ready You need feedback, you could be...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 11:08
Blank
Bob Ross
119 points