Lean Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.51K Views
What are the cons of going with Lean Startup Strategy?

What should one consider before going with Lean Startup and MVP Strategy. Are there any cons that one should be aware of?

asked Aug 19 '11 at 18:56
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

12 Votes
9 Answers
20.1K Views
What's the opposite of "Lean?"

All I hear about nowadays is the Lean Movement. I like it, but what is it rebelling against? The status quo, I know, but what's the name of non-lean thought? For example, the opposite of "Agile"...

asked Jun 6 '10 at 10:23
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
How can you validate a business idea, while in stealth-mode?

I'm in very early stages of pursuing a business idea I really like. Usually I think being stealthy is a bad idea, but since the development stage will take a very long time I prefer to stay quiet,...

asked Mar 27 '14 at 00:31
Blank
LaserBear
100 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Should you incorporate a company from the start? Or is it ok to build the MVP first?

My friend and I want to build a startup together and following the lean startup methodology.Should we spend time and money to incorporate the company and get paperwork in order prior to starting...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Carlos Riley
45 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.72K Views
Customer Discovery+Validation combined with Scrum, how?

When you have a startup that essentially does a Web App, there is a set of methods that everybody seems to agree on: Customer Development and Agile Development. Agile Development is really clear,...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 07:32
Blank
Philip
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Problem interview

I am trying to contact potential customers that have signed up for our beta to see if they will take part in a 'problem interview'. I want to find out if I understand the problems my customers face...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 07:02
Blank
Drdavidpier
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
Lean Startup Method Question for Web app startups

So, I'm slightly confused which I should be following. I'm currently a solopreneur. I'm trying to follow lean startup, but I just read on the book Startup Owners Manual and Lean Startup...

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:15
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Locating Earlyvangelist?

How can I locate a set of good earlyvangelist for my SaaS application prior to building the application? Is there a specific way to find or locate them and finally engage them? Thanks.

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:33
Blank
User9968
229 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.76K Views
Starting-up in FOOD. Just 1 question I can't find an answer to

For some time I was involved in tech startups a lot, and obviously used the lean methodology. Some time ago though, I got an interesting offer from a corporate (one of the largest meat processors...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 02:56
Blank
Ilja
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
How should I call my existing customers to chat?

I have a software as a service and few hundred Paypal subscribers with phone numbers. I have heard its a good idea to talk to my customers so I can improve my product but I'm having trouble getting...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 11:41
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.12K Views
What is a lean startup and why should I go this route?

I'm considering a startup that starts with a minimum viable product. Despite what I've read, the lean startup feels contra-effective. My question to the community is, what exactly defines a 'lean...

asked May 7 '13 at 17:54
Blank
Kriem
136 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Is it bad to juggle small projects from time to time?

Coming up with ideas for entrepreneurs isn't really a problem. Execution on the other hand, as I have experienced, is by far the hardest thing to keep on top with, especially if you have to keep...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 13:11
Blank
Janharold
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
How do you know it's time to pivot?

What are some clear signs that indicate you should consider changing your strategy and pivot? To set some context, I'm working on an product for more than a year now, mostly in spare time next to...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 01:46
Blank
Johannes Rudolph
348 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
What's the negatives & positives of creating a mobile app with different functionalities from the web app?

I'm creating a marketplace website. I was thinking keeping the marketplace exchange on the web app and a much simpler version on the mobile app providing only profiles with some other cool perks...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 08:06
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Whats best MVP on Mobile app with a local developer or web app with outsourcing team?

I've been outsourcing for a while to create the MVP on a web app. I never get what I'm asking for from these outsourcing teams, they take longer than expected, or they just disappear. It's been a...

asked Feb 19 '13 at 04:28
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
2.96K Views
Starting a blog while product is in-development stage?

I am developing an online management platform for certain type of business and I thought that it would be a really good idea to engage possible customers from an early stage by keeping a blog about...

asked Jan 20 '13 at 19:27
Blank
Eyad
58 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.47K Views
How should I structure finances for experiments? I'd like these activities to be separate from my personal assets.

Reading Lean Startup makes me keen to test the waters and try out some ideas to see if they might eventually become a business. This might involve projects in very different areas with different...

asked Jan 5 '13 at 07:30
Blank
Dave R
101 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Looking for first customers; is it a good idea to offer our services completely for free?

We are going to creating a start up that offers services to biotechs; our deliverable is to discover bioactive compounds in a given biological context (such as pharma). We want to follow some of...

asked Dec 24 '12 at 20:42
Blank
Flow
114 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Technical Co-Founder Contract

There are a couple startups I'm thinking about joining. They are in very early stages (seed round or incubation). I am interested in the position of technical co-founder. They've all asked that we...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Scott Coates
111 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.16K Views
Lean Startup Landing Page Test: How do I measure success?

I've set up a landing page for a startup idea as per the instructions here. In other words I have already done the following: I've set up a basic landing page quickly explaining my idea I've...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 00:56
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points