Food Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Selling cakes online. Is it a viable business and are there regulations against it?

Are there any regulations that I would need to adhere to if I wanted to bake and sell cakes online? I would only be shipping within the United States and offering the product at a premium price...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 22:25
Blank
Pablo Webb
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Is it legal to start a cookies company out of your apartment?

I have little funds to start a business (rent space, etc). I have an idea for a cookies company for a very specific target audience: Paleo-friendly cookies made without carbs.Would it be legal for...

asked Apr 10 '14 at 13:42
Blank
Julia Dardar
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.76K Views
Starting-up in FOOD. Just 1 question I can't find an answer to

For some time I was involved in tech startups a lot, and obviously used the lean methodology. Some time ago though, I got an interesting offer from a corporate (one of the largest meat processors...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 02:56
Blank
Ilja
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
What regulations are there for small appliances in the US?

I have been lately trying to find different products to create to make money. I have been trying to find out what regulations are there on small appliances for the kitchen (coffee makers and...

asked Feb 10 '13 at 08:46
Blank
Annonomus Person
204 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Frozen Homemade Food Business

I want to start up a frozen homemade food business. The food/meal should be just like we make at home. The sale will be like membership on the website. For example someone will buy dinner for 1...

asked Mar 24 '12 at 20:00
Blank
Ela Oktay
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
7.1K Views
How to get full grocery store inventory?

I don't have money for a warehouse right now and I want to ship food with JIT inventory. But in order to do so, I need to have a list of products (around 3000 of them) the store sells. And I need...

asked Feb 5 '12 at 23:59
Blank
Sergey
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.32K Views
Is it legal to make/sell candy from home?

My wife is really getting into making hard candy from home, including cough drops. She's wanting to start selling them on Etsy. But, we're having trouble finding any information on whether or not...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 10:45
Blank
Joshmax
118 points