Selling Business Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Marketplaces to sell a site apart from Flippa?

Are there any good marketplaces to sell a high quality site which generates over $5,000 a month in revenue?Flippa seems to be the only one I've come across, but most of the sites listed on there...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Eric Siler
12 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.95K Views
Got an offer for my app. Should I sell?

I have a free trivia app that I launched about three years ago, which generates about $90K in revenue each year. My costs are very little and most of it is profit. The only real cost is my time to...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 01:10
Blank
User32788
74 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Set up an American corporation for a foreign national

I know a US citizen, I'll refer to as Frank, who was approached by a friends brother, Harry, who owns a mobile data account management company in Canada. This company currently purchases accounts...

asked Feb 7 '13 at 06:52
Blank
Kyle Weller
108 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.42K Views
I might be leaving a startup I co-founded. What are my options?

I co-founded a startup and have been with them for almost a year now. I own around 40 percent of the company, which is to be vested over 3 years. So far, about 1/3 of it has been vested. On top of...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 15:40
Blank
Anonymous
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.6K Views
Who should I contact if I want to sell my website to big company?

I am a founder. I'm planning to write a letter/email to sell one of my website to big company, but the question is: Who should I contact? The CEO of company, the product manager or just anyone...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 02:39
Blank
Anlai
375 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Frozen Homemade Food Business

I want to start up a frozen homemade food business. The food/meal should be just like we make at home. The sale will be like membership on the website. For example someone will buy dinner for 1...

asked Mar 24 '12 at 20:00
Blank
Ela Oktay
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Need business advice on growing SaaS business

Sorry for the long question, but I promise it's a good read as it includes a challenging topic on growing a bootstrapped business, which I imagine applies to many of you as well. I look forward to...

asked Mar 18 '12 at 01:19
Blank
Novice18
18 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
What is our startup worth?

Last year myself and two other partners got together to work on our startup. We got an offer from one of the investors for 40K seed money. We turned down the offer because one of the founder was...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 07:07
Blank
Youngdev
1 point

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.62K Views
How Much Can I Sell My SaaS Product Currently Earning Me $2,000/month?

I have a web service targeted at web designers that currently earns about $2,000 per month in revenue. It is a SaaS business and my customers have been with me for years and we are growing (albeit...

asked Feb 18 '12 at 15:20
Blank
Anonymous
43 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Looking to sell my reporting tool application

I've built a fantastic reporting tool that can be sold to small to medium size companies. ReportingMate is the only reporting software I know that doesn't use report designers and allows...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 08:13
Blank
User15860
11 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Selling my share of a very small startup

I'm walking away from a startup I helped build. It's just me and my (ex) partner (walking away because our relationship has soured), and we have a 50/50 financial split, and I also have 40% voting...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 06:53
Blank
Dnr
170 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.07K Views
Would I be able to sell this website I built?

I've been building a site for 2 years now, and am about to launch it, but the problem is I have lost all interest in doing anything with it. It is a social networking/review site in a very small...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 11:08
Blank
Jdh
182 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.35K Views
I'm a geek, I'm alone, I want to sell my amazing product. I'm not a commercial. How should I do?

Here's my quick CV: I'm a real geek: for 18 years between 8 and 12hours a day in front of a computer; no girlfriend until 20 because computers were more important than anything else; nervous...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 08:23
Blank
Olivier Dofus
16 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
How do you know if a user is a serious buyer and ready to purchase?

How do you decide whether a user is a serious buyer and ready to make a purchase, besides prepayment? What are common ways to filter out users that are not serious buyers? Should I keep an eye out...

asked Oct 30 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
What happens to the "Founder" status once I sell my startup

I founded and was running a twitter tool all by myself. I was the sole Founder, CEO,CFO and whatnot. But, now that I have sold the tool, what happens to my Founder status? Can I still brag the...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 19:28
Blank
Kpl
138 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Software audit for possible buyout

We are in the process of auditing a company with a view to buying them out. One of the key parts of this decision is the software they've written and modified over a long period of time. We always...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 05:39
Blank
Avg Joe007
26 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
How to find a buyer for a software product company?

We've this 3 year old, profitable startup going steady We sell web templates and web apps Last 12 month's gross sale is over $1 million with 75% profitability Staff of 13 people working on...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 18:43
Blank
Net Entrepreneur
31 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
Domain squatting Business illegal?

I was thinking about this, is domain squatting illegal ? I've initially thought that it was illegal, and there are people quoting various laws and stuff that says it's illegal, but after looking...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 20:39
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
4.67K Views
At what point is a startup "sellable"?

I have an idea for an online business, but I don't have the time to actually "execute" it. Is it sellable if I develop the business plan, website, etc.? If so, or if not, when does a business...

asked May 21 '11 at 17:12
Blank
Richard Des Londe
206 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
How to plan exit

I have an idea in global commerce area and I am trying to develop it to a software product. I shared my thoughts with several experts and got their positive feedback. Currently, I am working on a...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 17:22
Blank
Aviad
281 points