Marketplace Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Marketplaces to sell a site apart from Flippa?

Are there any good marketplaces to sell a high quality site which generates over $5,000 a month in revenue?Flippa seems to be the only one I've come across, but most of the sites listed on there...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Eric Siler
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Pricing strategy dilemma for SAAS marketplace web app

We are stuck on which is the most appropriate pricing strategy for our Saas marketplace web application. We have consumers who post details of their problem x and service providers y who propose...

asked Nov 6 '13 at 09:32
Blank
Chuck
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Multi-vendor marketplace-Dealing with transactions & Payments

I'm a few weeks into developing a multi-vendor, business to business website. Here is my issue: We could potentially have a single user purchasing from multiple sellers at one time. We are...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 05:56
Blank
Doug C
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Charging a transaction fee, what's the right number?

My partner and I are developing a marketplace website that connects retailers with product makers, allows them to communicate with each-other and hosts wholesale transactions-we are looking for...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 04:30
Blank
Doug
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
How and Where to sell web applications?

I have couple of good quality web applications. Personally I never got time to market them. I am just a web enthusiast who love to make web products. Is there any good market place other than...

asked May 27 '12 at 14:54
Blank
Amit Gupta
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Is it worth publishing an app on the Google Apps marketplace?

I am considering publishing my web app to the Google Apps Marketplace and find the $100 entry fee a bit steep. Can someone share any experience about the Google Apps Marketplace?

asked Jan 9 '12 at 17:29
Blank
Aymeric Gaurat Apelli
221 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
How would you design navigation for a specialty marketplace?

My friends and I have recently launched Midtown Row, an online marketplace focused on acclaimed specialty brands. We want to make sure navigating the site is easy for our users, and that we're also...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 02:50
Blank
Kevin Cho
6 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
7.77K Views
What's a good place to sell web-apps?

Let's say you've got a web-app (what for is not really the point) ready to go live, but you don't wanna run it - you wanna sell it to the best bidder. What are some good places to auction it...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 04:28
Blank
John Idol
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
How to approach sellers to signup (initially) and list their products in a startup marketplace website

I am in the early stage of creating an online marketplace website. I know that, obliviously I have to face the chicken and egg problem with this. I want to tackle one after another. How I could get...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 14:13
Blank
Sakthy
45 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
What is the critical mass of transactions needed for an asset to be on an exchange?

I have several startup ideas in this field, and I am very uncertain about one critical factor, hence this question. I want to make an exchange where one can buy or sell intangiable assets. I know...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 03:30
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Does "marketplace" business have a bad rep?

I noticed that talking to people about so called "marketplace" business (bringing together different groups with complementing needs) ideas gets a lot of people excited, but it seem to quickly turn...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 15:59
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points