Fees Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.34K Views
What should my finders fee be?

I have an old friend who is a VC guy. Upon reconnecting with him and catching up, he informed me that he was currently looking to raise 3MM for this company. He asked if I knew anyone.His medical...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 17:56
Blank
User33873
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.25K Views
Lowest credit card processing fee that a company can possibly pay?

What is the absolute lowest credit card processing fees that a company with tremendous volume pays? Ex: What is the fee that Amazon or Walmart pays?

asked Mar 24 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Jennifer Schiro
35 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
How can I monetize an english e-learning website?

I have an English e-learning website provide text chat, audio and live lesson via Skype. my customer are student and office worker who want to improve English speaking. Now, I earn money by...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 11:29
Blank
Linh Smile
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Question about chargebacks and finder's fees

My business partner and I are looking for a second opinion on this. The story goes that we're looking for employees, so we offered someone a finder's fee to get a developer for us. She found...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 11:10
Blank
Boztalay
106 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
What is a good range for the legal fees on first round of investing?

We recently closed a first round of investing for 3 million and paid in excess of 150k for our legal fees. We used a reputable firm and were lead to believe that the costs would be around the 50k...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 22:37
Blank
First Time Enterpreuner
26 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Changing SaaS pricing model from 'per month' to 'technology fee' paid by end customer approach

We have a niche Saas product that is essentially a very specific ecommerce portal and management system to allow businesses to sell memberships to their customers. Currently, pricing is based on...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 00:27
Blank
Simon
165 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Seeking Information About the Continued Costs of an LLC. Should I Talk to a Lawyer or Accountant?

I'm sure not which type of professional i should reach out to in order to get the proper advice i seek. I want to know specifically how much it would cost to LLC a company and the continued costs...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 14:47
Blank
Mysticxhobo
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Charging a transaction fee, what's the right number?

My partner and I are developing a marketplace website that connects retailers with product makers, allows them to communicate with each-other and hosts wholesale transactions-we are looking for...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 04:30
Blank
Doug
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
Is charging 20% - 30% a standard, accepted practice for acting as a service provider?

I am in the early stages of planning an online business which will bring together those who want X, and those who can provide X. Looking at Apple's App store model and Amazon's Publisher model,...

asked Apr 1 '12 at 04:11
Blank
Ted
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
How to determine fees to charge sellers on marketplace?

I'm working on building a fee structure for a website marketplace that allows buyers to purchase frrom third party sellers. Similar to ebay... So I must charge sellers a fee for their final value...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 04:18
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Sensible pricing options for a tiered translation service on retainer? Or - how do I add value more without exhausting myself?

I’m an English man living in Germany. As a side line, I offer German to English translation, interpreting and language lessons. These do not provide a steady income, so I’d like to offer a...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 20:52
Blank
Edd Turner
4 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Negotiating a volume discount on interchange fees

I think this forum is appropriate for the following question, but if not, I am happy to be directed elsewhere. For startup business planning purposes, I am wondering if anyone here has heard of a...

asked Nov 19 '11 at 22:32
Blank
D Moore
174 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
2.64K Views
What is a typical fee for an introduction to angel / seed funding?

Yesterday (at my first ever pitch!) I met someone who is an "Angel Investor / Consultant" ( yes I've not heard of that term either). Today I had another meeting with him and he's offered to help me...

asked Apr 8 '11 at 03:00
Blank
User9258
31 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
wrote software that someone wants to use/license

I wrote a sudoku game and was contacted by a media company that is interested in using the application within an ipad application they are developing. I don't know how that would work since the...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 04:00
Blank
Hvgotcodes
171 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Convenience fees for third parties

We're looking into building a site that would facilitate receiving payments online for places that do no have this capability. There's more to the site than receiving payments, it also makes sure...

asked Feb 21 '11 at 14:00
Blank
Pbz
111 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.69K Views
How much money do you spend on accountants (for a small startup)?

For small startups of 3 or less owners: How much money do you spend on accountants per year? What is a reasonable amount? do you recommend "doing it yourself"? does it matter the quality of the...

asked Sep 29 '10 at 06:14
Blank
Gush
53 points