Credit Cards Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 16:45
Blank
Benita Mc Dermott
4 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
9.39K Views
Can you pay employees with a credit card? (not contractors)

Is there a way to pay employees' salary with a credit card? It's not because our startup is in trouble or anything. I figured this would be a great way to earn points on the card, which can then be...

asked May 22 '14 at 16:55
Blank
Thomas Evans
17 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.22K Views
Lowest credit card processing fee that a company can possibly pay?

What is the absolute lowest credit card processing fees that a company with tremendous volume pays? Ex: What is the fee that Amazon or Walmart pays?

asked Mar 24 '14 at 19:55
Blank
Jennifer Schiro
35 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Can I publish my game in iTunes with a name different from that in my credit card?

I would like to purchase an iOS developer account from apple. My credit card name is: ABCD. And I am going to purchase the developer account with the same credit card as an Individual account(since...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:42
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.95K Views
Micro-payment on low profit $1 sales, is this even possible?

I'm a software developer working on an application, so forgive me if this question does not contain the proper terminology... I'm trying to figure out if what I want to do is even possible to do....

asked Sep 28 '13 at 10:40
Blank
M Y
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What are the details of a magStripe (on credit cards) read by ATMs to verify the card?

I'm a developer, interested in developing a mobile app related to ATMs which would have virtual credit cards. I've been trying to find a way how card details are validated by ATMs, hence needed to...

asked Sep 6 '13 at 00:36
Blank
Hasitha
101 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.13K Views
Is it possible to aggregate credit card statement information legally? If so, what are the steps, and what things do I need to keep in mind?

I am looking to build a website which, among other functions, aggregates credit card transaction information (namely the amount of money somebody has spent on each of their credit cards over the...

asked Jul 26 '13 at 02:24
Blank
N00b
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Credit card for business expenses: not 100% business OK?

I'm thinking of starting an LLC for my app projects, and I'd like to keep a separate business credit card to make the corporate veil harder to pierce. However, a lot of my business expenses are...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 14:53
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Rates where the Money Back Guarantees option is used

I have read several other posts on Money Back Guarantees, but none address my question, which is related to expense budgeting. We will be offering a service where we represent the interests of...

asked Jan 17 '13 at 19:25
Blank
Elenesski
100 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
11.4K Views
Legal implications of a chargeback on NO-Refund policy

I wonder if publishing a NO-refund policy will prevent the chargeback? As a business, we'll show it where the customers can see it -- on the website and include in emails invoices and sales...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 19:04
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Legal implications of creating and sharing a customer blacklist?

We're creating a marketplace where expect lots of buyers for digital goods ranging from $1 to $10. Now obviously there are people who initiate chargebacks (costs $15!) without even communicating...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 19:19
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Which Credit card processors allow us to retrieve payment information?

Which credit card processor allow us to retrieve payment information from their server in case if we need the payment information? I believe my question isn't clear enough and I decided to write a...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 15:00
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.74K Views
Credit card processing for startup

What are the options available for online credit card processing? I have developed a website where I need to charge credit card. I will not be interested in storing credit card information. I know...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 04:32
Blank
Ready To Compete
31 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Multi-vendor marketplace-Dealing with transactions & Payments

I'm a few weeks into developing a multi-vendor, business to business website. Here is my issue: We could potentially have a single user purchasing from multiple sellers at one time. We are...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 05:56
Blank
Doug C
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Suggestions for dealing with a monthly Subscription billed in $US but showing up in foreign currency as varying monthly amount

We just started a Monthly Subscription this year. We're now expanding it to non-US currencies (e.g., $AUD). The challenge is that the amount the customer sees (in $AUD) will vary every month with...

asked Jun 22 '12 at 15:12
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.74K Views
Does an iPhone app need PCI compliance?

I want to write an iPhone app that provides a common ordering interface for a number of disparate sites that do not have an ordering API. To ensure I can rapidly adapt to any changes in each site's...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 07:57
Blank
Ryan Michela
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Negotiating a volume discount on interchange fees

I think this forum is appropriate for the following question, but if not, I am happy to be directed elsewhere. For startup business planning purposes, I am wondering if anyone here has heard of a...

asked Nov 19 '11 at 22:32
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Credit card processor fees

What is a cost of using a credit card processor? How much does it cost to set up for a small startup (lets say, a small store or a restaurant), what are the fees of using the processor, and what...

asked Oct 16 '11 at 04:42
Blank
The Piachu
113 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.62K Views
What do you build in your e-commerce site to gain consumer trust?

I'm co-founding a start-up that is developing an e-commerce app. We're trying to decide what features to build in that shoppers would expect to see in order to feel comfortable submitting credit...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 05:15
Blank
Frank
16 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
Free Trials - Open registration Vs. Credit Card required

Does anyone have personal experience, good articles, or case studies that document the pros and cons of offering a free trial with no obligation (i.e. you don't collect credit card information at...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 04:25
Blank
Jeff
154 points