Iphone Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Creating an affiliate program for my iPhone app. Which action should I consider a conversion?

I have a free iPhone app with in-app purchases. I'd like to create an affiliate program for it to get distribution, but not sure which variable to link as a completed action to pay...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 19:16
Blank
Jerry Phillips
20 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Can I publish my game in iTunes with a name different from that in my credit card?

I would like to purchase an iOS developer account from apple. My credit card name is: ABCD. And I am going to purchase the developer account with the same credit card as an Individual account(since...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:42
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Is purchasing in-app credits considered gambling?

Let's say I have an app called "Shake It" which allows users to sign up and compete against each other on "who can shake their phone the hardest". So a user would take their phone and shake it...

asked Aug 31 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Sbonkosky
23 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
iphone app revenue statistics

Does anyone know if there is any way possible to find revenue statistics for iPhone apps? I am aware of how secretive Apple is with the App Store but is there any way even if its not very...

asked May 13 '13 at 05:43
Blank
Dimitris
113 points

-3 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How much equity is normal for a programming VC to take for developing a mobile app?

I'm in the process of developing a mobile app for a niche industry B to C. We have an established brand in 17 countries (hard goods)and significant credibility in our industry. It's not, but as an...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 23:17
Blank
Anonymous
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
What if there is a similar named iPhone app already in the app store?

I am about to submit my first app to the Apple app store. Let's say that it is called "GreatClock". There is already an app on the market called "great clock". There is some variable spelling,...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 14:05
Blank
User35610
13 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.73K Views
How do I validate an iPhone or iPad app idea for restaurants?

I have an iPhone/iPad app idea for which I can build an MVP pretty quickly (about a week or two at most). My target customers are local restaurants. How do I approach local restaurants to validate...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Russell
180 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
When are Legal Disclaimers (or EULA's) needed?

I have published an app to the android and amazon app stores and currently my app has a legal disclaimer (End Use License Agreement) as part of it that runs the first time the start up the app. But...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 06:59
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Are Android users less likely than iPhone users to spend money on apps?

I've been told that Android users are less prone to download paid apps compared with iPhone/iOS users. Is this true? I haven't yet researched this matter or found any useful statistics but since...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.94K Views
mobile app name registration before release

I am currently in the middle of developing for mobile application and website.. Because my app/web are still in development period, I didn't register my mobile application in Google play or iPhone...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 09:47
Blank
User948950
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Should I include ads in my new iPhone app?

I have been doing a lot of research and so far most of them say that charging for an app is not a good idea. But what about ads then? Should I include ads in my new iPhone app? Or should I go with...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 15:07
Blank
Jeet Robert
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
I want to start an iphone repair business. What is the best way to tell if a parts website is legitimate?

I want to start a business fixing iphones/ipods. There is this site that I have been looking at that seems like the cheapest place to buy parts, but I would be buying them wholesale from China....

asked Apr 5 '12 at 11:42
Blank
Ironcyclone
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.74K Views
Does an iPhone app need PCI compliance?

I want to write an iPhone app that provides a common ordering interface for a number of disparate sites that do not have an ordering API. To ensure I can rapidly adapt to any changes in each site's...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 07:57
Blank
Ryan Michela
101 points

10 Votes
11 Answers
16.5K Views
How is it possible to make a profit off of iPhone apps?

Question: How is it possible to make a profit off of iPhone apps? I ran the math and I don't see how it's possible. What am I missing? What is a successful strategy? Background: Yesterday I...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 04:58
Blank
User1106811
66 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.82K Views
Do we really need to translate our app in order to release it to other countries?

If we want to release our iPhone based (free) app to countries like Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Spain, Singapore, do we really need to translate them to local languages? Our app provides...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Tom
197 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
3.34K Views
How do minors legally start a business?

I am a fifteen year old Web and iPhone developer. I'm looking to get apps published on the App Store under a business name. So, this leads me to a few questions. (I already have a bought...

asked Jan 22 '12 at 14:24
Blank
Crystal
51 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
Is it possible to find an iPhone App Developer that is willing to work for a portion of the potential revenue?

I own a small software development company that gets approached many times a day with the concept of being a partner in someone’s iPhone App idea. We provide the iPhone App Development services and...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 05:25
Blank
Brett Miller
66 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Are non-developers really having success using Do It Yourself (DIY) or Automated iPhone Development Tools?

I own a small software development company that gets approached regularly by non-technical users who tried unsuccessfully to build their idea into an iPhone app using free (or cheap) automated...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Brett Miller
66 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.44K Views
making money from custom built iPhone apps

The price of mobile custom built apps varies significantly from customer to customer based not only on the techical requirements of the app, but on who the client is. I consider targeting...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 02:11
Blank
Ryan
147 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Should I really worry about the UI of my iPhone app?

My iPhone app is in the final polish stage. I have been designing it using pretty much standard iPhone UI elements. Now as this will hit the crowd soon, by looking at other apps in the store, I am...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 05:00
Blank
Tom
197 points