Application Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.21K Views
Funding for developing a mobile application

We are college students currently developing an iPad application and seek a small investment to complete the development before submitting to the app store. We have tried several avenues for asking...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 13:35
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

-1 Votes
3 Answers
8.53K Views
Windows - Where to sell a desktop application?

I'm currently working on a productivity desktop application for Windows and Mac. For the Mac version I will distribute it through the Mac App Store. What is the most popular place to sell a...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 05:03
Blank
James
16 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.29K Views
Where to start for a website for Online store?

One of my Aunt buys raw materials from her Kashmiri(Indian) friends and sells hand made or designed dress materials. She doing this for quite some time and very happy doing it as its keeping her...

asked Sep 2 '13 at 14:57
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
8.45K Views
Rejected by Biz Spark because they said I'm not an ISV

I have seen quite a few threads on being rejected by Biz Spark, but all seemed to be resolved by resubmitting the application with the needed undocumented information. To note, the undocumented...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 15:48
Blank
User28367
1 point

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Wanting to start up whilst employer is in same industry

I am currently employed in queensland Australia and working for a company who delivers training to industry, they have developed online learning resources and a few websites for industry bodies. I...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 19:54
Blank
Jonny
21 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
How to license closed source free-ware application for distribution to the public?

I have created a small application/tool, and I would like to release it to the public under those conditions: It is free. (donations are welcome) It is closed source. In the future, I might...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 10:51
Blank
Sharp12345
113 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.11K Views
Copyright infringement issue google play (An android app)

Today I received a mail from Google which state that your app has been removed from Google play due to copyright infringement. The person who register this copyright issue is a person who run his...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 16:38
Blank
Sunny
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
Post Hackathon hack theft :(

I competed in a Facebook hosted hackathon at my university and my team and I were able to create a product that won second place in the competition - and for discussion's sake lets call it AppX....

asked Jan 31 '13 at 09:55
Blank
Sfb
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Third party social network client monetization

Let's say I have discovered that on an "about-to-go-booming" platform there isn't a social network client (A Facebook client for example). I can create one and submit to the platforms application...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 05:12
Blank
Maxim V. Pavlov
217 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
How to promote a web application?

Does anyone have any opinions on the best way to promote a web application aimed at developers? We have spent the last few months developing an application and it will be released some time this...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 00:47
Blank
Iconic Digital
108 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.82K Views
Do we really need to translate our app in order to release it to other countries?

If we want to release our iPhone based (free) app to countries like Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Spain, Singapore, do we really need to translate them to local languages? Our app provides...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Tom
197 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Benefits of building an app on Facebook

What are the benefits of building a web app on Facebook opposed to an independent website? Any responses welcome, Thanks

asked Oct 1 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
iOS app development

What's the fastest way to get an application built and submitted to the app store? We're willing to pay a development house (or individual, though we prefer teams). We'd prefer to use a domestic...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 01:16
Blank
User12764
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Web software platform for skill sharing

I was hoping to use opensource stack exchange software to create a site where people can swap their skills. ie: if I can fix your computer and you can fix my car, we will be matched. However, the...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 20:55
Blank
Steve
103 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
How do I know if I am infringing on a technology patent?

I want to create an app for the Ipad which uses "videoconferencing" technology, very similar to what skype does. How do I know if that is patented? What happens if it IS patent protected and I...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Jonestech
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
What would you charge for this app?

We are in talks with our first app-development client, who are first-time app-development customers and have done no research on custom app pricing or gotten other bids. It's been a bit of a...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:33
Blank
User9306
13 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.28K Views
Should I give away my idea to an incubator program?

I'm considering applying my site, currently early in development, to YCombinator. Do I risk having my idea stolen by going through with the application process? They're asking very specific...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:40
Blank
Edit This
88 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
iphone app credit idea

I am looking to develop a mobile application that allows users to sell and purchase a digital asset using a micropayment credit system. We also may require using internal functionality of the...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 02:03
Blank
Mconnors
15 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
Looking for a web app for business expectations or goals

I started my own business about 7-8 months ago. Everything looks great and we are growing very nicely. I like web apps to keep my business organized (teamworkpm for project management, freshbooks...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 16:57
Blank
Julio
19 points