Donations Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
What are some online business to start that deal with recovery from natural disasters?

What are some types of businesses that can started that help cities recover from natural disasters while at the same time generate some revenue?The only one that really exists like now is something...

asked Jun 8 '15 at 09:55
Blank
Paul Card
12 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Using donations as a way to make money from your blog?

Does anyone have experience and thoughts on using donations as a way to generate revenue from you blog?If you had very high quality content that people loved, and didn't want to mess up the...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 05:02
Blank
Arnold Cisneros
25 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How to Get Online Donations with For Profit Business

I see various sites which ask for donations which look to be for profit. When I looked at PayPal's website their donate button seems to be specific for non-profit organizations. The reason I ask...

asked Oct 13 '13 at 08:36
Blank
James Oravec
115 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Take donations as payment for software license keys

I was wondering if it is legal to offer a free software with limitations, then offer to give different license keys for donations. In this case, it is a software for file uploads to different...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 21:24
Blank
Sarah Crane
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Do i have to register with government for a Charity initiative site?

By profession I'm a software developer and recently me and my friend have thought of creating a web application that totally focuses on charity to underprivileged or providing things to the needy....

asked May 24 '13 at 17:36
Blank
Vikneshwar
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
How to license closed source free-ware application for distribution to the public?

I have created a small application/tool, and I would like to release it to the public under those conditions: It is free. (donations are welcome) It is closed source. In the future, I might...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 10:51
Blank
Sharp12345
113 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Using Paypal for Gifting

I am hoping to generate some revenue by sending out emails to interested people about giving a gift to the company. I am aware in order to say "donation" you must be a 501(c)(3) however if you...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 18:10
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Starting a donations fund through a website and drop boxes

I am in the process of starting a website to raise funds for school supplies to be donated to local grammar school aged children and want to contact some local business about using them as a drop...

asked May 4 '12 at 07:59
Blank
Renae
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Legal issues for a donations website?

I'm about 95% into what started as a personal project but has developed into a nice website with some interest. It's a distributed-donation platform for donating to charities. Here's a quick...

asked Mar 19 '12 at 19:09
Blank
Iamjonesy
129 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Premium features VS Donation gifts

We are developing a freemium business model and have planned some Premium features that users can buy. What are the main differences between these two types of monetization: Premium model : Buy...

asked Feb 20 '12 at 22:22
Blank
Xavi Esteve
223 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
5.55K Views
Can I use a business name to accept Paypal donations (for free software) before legally forming a business?

I would like to give away some software I have developed for free on a website as donationware, but rather than see my name when people donate, I would like them to see something more official like...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 17:03
Blank
Fentoooon
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Can I run a web-based Non-Profit Org while living abroad?

I want to register as a non-profit org., but I'm not sure how it'd work because I'm leaving in a couple months to work in Asia for a year or more. My website is for international photography if...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 17:25
Blank
Jacob
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
17.9K Views
Is it legal to accept donations as an LLC?

Similar questions have been asked, but I'm still not completely understanding. I have an LLC that sells apparel, and people have offered to give us donations because the idea of our company is to...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 01:00
Blank
Brandersnatcher
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Donation Platform: LLC or a 501(c)(3)?

I am starting a for-profit online donation platform. My company currently is an LLC and I have gotten conflicting reports on whether or not I need to convert to a 501(c)(3) so that the passthrough...

asked Jun 12 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Tesmar
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
What are the business opportunities for de jure non-profit startup?

Our technical startup - overlooking public finance - must have non-profit badge to claim neutrality and attract community. What is the financial and business aspect? Can we have other sources of...

asked Mar 6 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Daniel.Sedlacek
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.6K Views
PayPal donations, Tax-Deductibility?

I got into some legal trouble and am setting up a donation page to fund a defense fund. Are PayPal donations Tax Deductible, So that I don't have to pay taxes on the donations?

asked Feb 3 '11 at 06:11
Blank
Matt
141 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Question about prepaid accounts for an online site

I am in the early stages of developing a site that tries to provide a direct way of rewarding photographers who provide good material. Its a small idea but I want to implement it and see how the...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 22:02
Blank
K Seudo
6 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Charitable Giving

I am looking for ideas on charitable giving for my business. I am interested in what other members of the Onstartups.com community do and what has worked for you. For my business, I currently...

asked May 29 '10 at 11:52
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points