Foreign Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.34K Views
Best offshore merchant account

What is a good options for an offshore merchant account? I'm not located in the US where it is easy to get a good merchant account, do you know of any good options in offshore locations? The...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 13:31
Blank
Rob
151 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.31K Views
Starting an internet company in USA as a foreigner

I am a student in USA. And I have an idea for a startup. I have people with me (US Citizens) who are willing to help me establishing this company.So i am wondering now what do i need to do...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:39
Blank
Jeet Robert
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
13.6K Views
I'm setting up a US branch/subsidiary of a UK-based company. How do I go about this?

A company that I'm working for is registered as a UK limited company. How would I go about setting up a US branch/subsidiary of this company? Should I register as an LLC, S Corp, C Corp, or...

asked May 10 '10 at 06:36
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.02K Views
What to watch for when getting a TN work visa as cofounder for a startup in states?

does anyone have experience with getting a TN visa (I am a Canadian engineer) as a tech cofounder (aka software engineer)? How did it go for you? How did you handle the equity-only part, the job...

asked Nov 4 '13 at 20:01
Blank
Paul Lam
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
UK Company Doing US Start-Up

UK company wants to start up a subsidiary in the US. The first employee and the person heading it up will be a Canadian citizen living in Montreal. What issues if any does this structure pose?

asked Sep 20 '13 at 06:39
Blank
Jim Thompson
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
SARL or SAS for a small web startup?

In France what type of company is suited for a small bootstrapped startup with two cofounders. One major founder and a second minor founder based from a different country. The equivalent in the...

asked Jul 29 '13 at 21:43
Blank
Ayrad
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Stock options for overseas contractors

Our company is a US based software start-up. We have 3-4 contractors in India (Indian citizens, never worked in US) and we pay them directly. We are considering issuing stock options to them. I...

asked Jul 23 '13 at 03:38
Blank
User27108
6 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
Is immigrating to the US really that hard for foreign entrepreneurs?

I keep reading about the high percentage of tech startups in the US that are founded by immigrant entrepreneurs (39% in California ). I also keep reading about how hard immigrating to the US is for...

asked Apr 6 '13 at 16:01
Blank
Tyler
24 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Addresses, Bank AC, Foreign Qualification : SMLLC operating outside US, doing business in US through internet?

I am Single member LLC operating from India. While incorporating there are some addresses to be filled up. Registered Agent : That would be simply RA's address. It will be provided by them. No...

asked Apr 13 '13 at 14:13
Blank
Raksha
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.11K Views
Forming a US LLC and paying taxes while outside the US

I am currently a resident alien in Virginia. I have been in the US since November 2011 (never left) and I have a J-1 visa, which expires on February 2014. I am going to leave US and go back to my...

asked Apr 17 '13 at 07:39
Blank
Tolgamorf
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Advice on the need for a foreign subsidiary

We'd like to startup a company that is seen as a UK company and be governed by UK laws, including Privacy laws. However, all of our operations, management and control will reside in Canada at least...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 06:34
Blank
Kate
99 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Set up an American corporation for a foreign national

I know a US citizen, I'll refer to as Frank, who was approached by a friends brother, Harry, who owns a mobile data account management company in Canada. This company currently purchases accounts...

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.47K Views
How to open a UK business bank account without being physically present?

We are moving our company to Scotland in a few months. We wanted to open a business bank account in advance without using an agent. We tried RBS, but to no avail. How can we open a business bank...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 23:48
Blank
Kraken
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Register company in UK or France for French internet startup

I am a UK based web developer currently building a French language affiliate marketing website to be hosted in France. My business partners are French and I am trying to decide whether my business...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 05:01
Blank
Brian
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
What do I need to file on the US side if I want to set up a subsidiary (software development team) in China?

Here is my situation, I'm running a single-person C-Corp in the US. (I'm a US permanent resident). My company is running several content-rich websites (focus on US market), the advertising revenue...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Silent
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to define US income on international sales?

I'm from Guatemala and i own a company here with license to export. Two days ago I ask another question here: Tax deduction for imported IT goods and services and @littleadv has given me a very...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Darwin
110 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Ballpark figure on one-time tax accountant fees

I've registered an LLC in the US as a foreigner. Registration was no problem, but I find the specific tax laws and regulations difficult, especially because it's hard to find clear information on...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 10:10
Blank
User
192 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Starting a company in the US as a foreigner

I am a student from Germany, and I want to start a company in the US. I've given starting it here first and then eventually expanding to the US some serious consideration, however, the chances of...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Alex
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Set up a US branch of my Luxembourg company?

I run a small Luxembourg-based consulting company and I'm about to start organizing events such as short seminars (2 hours) to long workshops (up to 5 days). I'd like to tour the USA and possibly...

asked Jun 25 '12 at 23:24
Blank
Roy Dictus
343 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.81K Views
Are there any reasons I can't issue options to foreign contractors?

My company is a U.S. C-Corp and we have recently created a stock option plan that allows for both ISO and NSO option grants. We have a foreign contractor located in China who does work for the...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 08:47
Blank
Tricia Yee
16 points