Overseas Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Stock options for overseas contractors

Our company is a US based software start-up. We have 3-4 contractors in India (Indian citizens, never worked in US) and we pay them directly. We are considering issuing stock options to them. I...

asked Jul 23 '13 at 03:38
Blank
User27108
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
How to structure a deal with a new CEO?

I'm a CEO, and I'm wondering how to structure a deal for my first other CEO? The purpose I need another CEO is because I've got my hands full with my own line of products, but I'm an idea guy and...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 18:34
Blank
Ron
21 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
6.11K Views
Can I pay freelancer overseas who does not have a business account?

I'd like to work with a freelancer who is based overseas however he does not have an offical company and only a personal bank account. If he invoices me is it acceptable to pay in to his personal...

asked Mar 28 '13 at 19:29
Blank
Kris
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Does uk limited company (ltd) status provide limited liability oversea's?

I recently researched how much professional indemnity insurance would cost for a UK sole trader completing computing contracts overseas (specifically USA). Since the contracts fall under US law the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 19:59
Blank
Clockwork Ant
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Can a telecommuting job help one grow his skills compared to job at office?

How would you compare a telecommuting (overseas) job at a startup (when everything at the startup be it the work, the environment, the people, etc looks exciting enough) with another job at the...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 03:19
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup

I am a US citizen and want to become a partner in a friend's UK startup, helping her start a branch office in the US. What is the best way to proceed with this? What forms need to be filled out?

asked Jun 25 '11 at 09:25
Blank
Cara
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Approached by investors from overseas

What types of things do I need to consider if I get approached from a venture fund overseas? I had an early-stage venture fund from Germany contact me looking to learn more about our startup and...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Nick
1,171 points