Ltd Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Does uk limited company (ltd) status provide limited liability oversea's?

I recently researched how much professional indemnity insurance would cost for a UK sole trader completing computing contracts overseas (specifically USA). Since the contracts fall under US law the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 19:59
Blank
Clockwork Ant
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Can I pay by company card for myself?

I myself run a limited company in the UK. The bank offers me a free Visa card only if I make any payments using the card. The problem is that sometimes I don't need to buy anything for the company...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 06:46
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Storing contracts with company contractors and other documents

A few days ago I registered a limited company in the UK. I use a registered office in England (which is my company agent's office), and myself live in Poland, and my Polish address is given as the...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 02:32
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Can I rent out a domain to my company?

Before I registered a limited company, I had bought a few domains containing the name of the company. Can I rent out the domains to my company? Is this legal? I don't want to sell the domains as in...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 08:49
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
A very simple multi-currency accounting system

I run a small limited company in the UK which requires very simple bookkeeping. The company sales online services (internet apps) and the only costs the company have are: domain and...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 22:58
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Can I myself have two contracts with my own UK ltd company?

I'm soon going to register a limited company in the UK. I know that any ltd company is a separate entity, and if I want to get paid from the company I'll have to be employed as its director....

asked Feb 5 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
How do I exchange foreign currencies into GBP?

How do I calculate how much my UK limited company earns in British Pounds if I take payments in foreign curriencies (Polish zloty and Euros), and how I then know how much tax I need to pay? In...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 07:20
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Can I claim back in expenses costs of my uni degree?

I've registered a UK limited company which is going to sell online language courses. Can I claim back in expenses costs of my university degree, if the degree is highly correlated with what my...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 07:23
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
How important is it to present your SaaS as a corporation?

TL;DR: Would presenting your SaaS on the world web stage as created by a UK business (ltd), instead of by a continental European individual with a non-English sounding name, make a difference in...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 20:23
Blank
Danmaz74
381 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Business owner, how does he/she get paid?

Business owner, how does he/she get paid? Withdrawals vs Salary (Guaranteed payments) I've been thinking of registering a Ltd company (UK) as I'm a freelancer; and want limited liability. Also to...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 05:58
Blank
Klj613
36 points