Contract Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
How do I get products for an eCommerce website?

I'm working on an eCommerce project from past few months. Now I want to buy the products from a supplier. I don't have an idea about from where to find suppliers. Is there any source which provides...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 07:36
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.33K Views
Do verbal goodwill waiver stand in court?

I'd like to put in scenario. Party A enters into a monthly payment contract with Party B. Party A pays monthly the ammount. One day, Party A is unable to pay the monthly installments. Party B says...

asked Aug 30 '19 at 09:58
Blank
Effort Of Deen
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.35K Views
Can I enter into IP contract with my own company before having investors ?

I spent 4 years developing an App. Recently I started a Proprietary Limited company (I'm in Australia). Me and my wife are the only directors in the company. Before getting share holders into the...

asked Aug 30 '19 at 09:26
Blank
Effort Of Deen
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.29K Views
Being scammed by someone who has been doing this for 10+ years.

After problems began I did some research about the company's owner and have discovered multiple bankruptcies beginning 10+ years ago after scamming others doing the same thing (taking money and not...

asked May 23 '18 at 15:32
Blank
Philip Gales
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
20.5K Views
My partner and I, want to bring a CTO on board since we don't have technical background. We already started with our start-up and agreed with the CTO on equity basis, what contract to use?

My partner and I, want to bring a CTO on board since we don't have technical background. We already started with our start-up and agreed with the CTO on equity basis (no investment from his end),...

asked Aug 13 '17 at 14:25
Blank
Zeid A
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.92K Views
If your co-founder suddenly leaves before the MVP is complete, could he have a legal claim down the line?

If there was no paperwork done between the co-founders and one of them decides to leave all of a sudden, can the remaining co-founder still continue building that business?Could the founder who...

asked Jun 13 '14 at 16:56
Blank
Omar Gonzalez
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.85K Views
Lawyer involved in co-founder dispute. Partner threatening to quit.

Long story short, approached a friend who is already a co founder of another technology start up that has investment with an idea. He liked the idea. It was my idea, and we started working on...

asked Dec 4 '14 at 03:46
Blank
User34199
46 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.99K Views
What type of contract is required when offering a service?

So I started a small business offering a service that is provided through-out the month and is billed monthly. This service could be stopped at any point, but I want to make sure the following are...

asked May 25 '11 at 10:40
Blank
Geo
268 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Contract jurisdiction in a different country. Is it a disadvantage?

I have been offered a job that is online based, working entirely from home. I reside in Hong Kong, the company is formed under HK law but the contract states that it will be governed by New York...

asked May 8 '14 at 03:20
Blank
Jeff Brazier
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.23K Views
Signing contacts with overseas vendor: which country's laws would govern the contract?

I'm confused on how contracts with overseas vendors would work in the event there is a dispute.Lets assume I'm working with a development vendor in India. We have a contract and they decide to not...

asked Apr 8 '14 at 22:57
Blank
Gordon Hughes
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.72K Views
What type of contract is needed to add a new equity-owner to an already established company?

I'm in a situation where I'll be joining a startup that has already created their company entity and been in existence for a couple years. It's a sweat-equity deal, so I will not receive a salary,...

asked Mar 25 '14 at 15:46
Blank
Chad Hutchins
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
Do you somehow store the user agreeing to T&C?

I am curious as to whether websites actually somehow store the agreement a user makes when clicking through the terms and conditions. This way there is no way they could deny agreeing right, should...

asked Nov 10 '13 at 20:58
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Trying to formalize our contracts and policies regarding software bug fixes for clients

We are a 3-person company that provides custom web application development. One of our clients in particular floods us with random change requests every single day. There is no batching of these...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 11:33
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
8.71K Views
Should we charge the client for fixing bugs?

Our small firm provides custom web application services. We always charge on a time-and-materials basis - we simply give an estimate up front and then charge for actual hours used. One of our...

asked Oct 29 '13 at 03:37
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Web Application Ethics?

A customer asked us to build a small web application. We charged them to develop it and had a clause in the contract which stated we "reserve the right to re-use any code written for this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 19:52
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Contract where a person is paid once a certain condition is met

I've built a website, and now I need a contract written for it (along with a TOS and a privacy policy, but those are simpler, and I know their names). I want a contract where I pay a person once a...

asked Sep 18 '13 at 04:47
Blank
James G.
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
What makes an online contract legally binding?

I'm looking at starting my own remote I.T support company. As the work would be done remotely, I won't be seeing the customers face to face to sign documents. If I made my own website which stated...

asked Sep 22 '13 at 23:37
Blank
Muffinbubble
115 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Reducing risks for all three parties when developing software on commission?

I am comissioned to set up and manage a team to develop a custom software component for a one-off event. My client is in talks with investors for securing prefinancing, and so he asked me to write...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 19:23
Blank
Feklee
148 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Who owns computer code derived from trade secrets?

We had a software engineer who joined our startup for two months. We only signed an NDA with him. The engineer was supposed to get equity but our negotiations broke down and we parted ways. During...

asked Sep 4 '13 at 23:36
Blank
Karl
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.07K Views
How much equity should startup Independent contractors get?

So, A friend of mine has a brand created for a game, characters, story, the works. He also a rough idea about how the game should be which looked pretty solid. He took out about $40,000 loan and...

asked Aug 25 '13 at 03:43
Blank
Brybam
103 points