Contract Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
Ways to work around creating a startup when working a job with a restrictive contract

I am happily employed as a software developer currently and have no plans to leave. An amazing opportunity presented itself to my dad that just screamed of a lucrative niche market with only a...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 06:32
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Online web design business: Contract or not?

I am doing a web design and development business planning. The system is client buy a website package online >> make a payment >> I collect their requirement >> We work together...

asked Nov 14 '11 at 08:49
Blank
Modular
39 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Is making your contract viewable online before purchase a good idea?

As part of being transparent, we're thinking of putting our contract up online in our services section. The idea is that people would be able to have a look, question us in advance, and overall be...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 15:19
Blank
Mirov
384 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
I am a web model and I signed a contract with a non-compete clause I want to get out with out a problem help?

The contract is for 2 years and im only 2 months into it and it also has a non compete clause/Exclusivity clause ... so i really want to get out of this fast its a bad bad deal.. D. Exclusivity....

asked Oct 18 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Kiki
16 points

16 Votes
7 Answers
2.24K Views
Dealing with a Slow Developer

We outsourced development (out of the country) to get a prototype of our site put together. The developer estimated 8 weeks for the project, but admitted that they could not guarantee that it might...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 20:17
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
A couple questions regarding mass product construction

What is the name for a company that contracts with other companies to mass produce products? And how hard and what is the process to get a contract of such for a small startup?

asked Oct 24 '11 at 11:58
Blank
Michael Grigsby
111 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
Should we refund the deposit?

For a new website, he paid a deposit of $210 (30%). He looked through our porfolio, and got about 1/4 way through before saying "Awesome. Let's start!". We for him 2 design images and he didn't...

asked Oct 13 '11 at 23:33
Blank
Mirov
384 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
Why can't a startup "own" its employees when sport clubs can?

Soccer clubs (at least in Europe) "own" their players for the duration of the contracts. These players are working for their clubs in a very similar way to employees working for startups. My...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 00:21
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.04K Views
How to outsource a software development process?

We are having a good idea for a software product. Since its complexity surpasses the capacities for a one man army or perhaps of a small software team, it will be necessary to outsource software...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 08:07
Blank
Jpcf
111 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
1.26K Views
Are convertible note contract templates available?

I don't want to pay for an attorney to write a contract for me. Is there a good convertible note contract template that I can use?

asked Sep 28 '11 at 00:26
Blank
W. Matthew Wilson
104 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Writing a contract for SaaS sales - what to expect?

My side project startup company is close to starting to sell our product. We are offering it using a Software as a Service pricing model. The price is well defined and will range from $1,000 to...

asked Sep 7 '11 at 23:28
Blank
User13193
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
Universal NDA agreements

I'll be starting a "startup" that will require me to see existing code, propritary data, etc. I'm sure that most of my potential clients will not already have an NDA for me to sign so I want to be...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
5.62K Views
How important is it to have the original of a contract?

How important is it to have the original of a contract? Would having just a copy of a signed contract still make it enforceable? Is it any different than signing two copies of the same...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 06:49
Blank
Sam
56 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Give copies of a contract

Are we legally required to give a copy of the contract to the other party in the agreement (employee, contractor)?

asked Aug 10 '11 at 00:02
Blank
Jirad
105 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
I am starting what I thought was a partnership with an existing business in a new location

I bring a skillset and experience they do not have. We discussed terms and were set on a split of revenue and equity. We went to for licensing and signing of the lease and ran into some issues. As...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 22:04
Blank
Basillio
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
What to do with side projects when joining a startup on the same field

I am thinking about joining a startup and I have a question. I have been working on a side project for a couple months and I own it completely. This side project is internet related (so is the...

asked Jul 31 '11 at 03:34
Blank
Ray Sf
126 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.11K Views
Enforcing international agreements/contracts

I'm just curious about how a contract between two parties in different countries would handle breaches/consequences of said contract. Let's say between two parties in USA and Asia. If the contract...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
Is it better to have a formal contract on ownership prior to accepting external investment?

Not assigning anyone any equity until we get funding, despite that fact that I am the tech.-cofounder i need to start developing a demo to show investors. Should an actual contract really be...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 23:10
Blank
User9968
229 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
What does employment at will actually mean for an employee?

I've recently (5 months ago) signed and employment-at-will contract with a largish company. I start in 2 months. Given different scenarios, I want to figure out not only what this legally means,...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 01:18
Blank
John Smith
26 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
Recommend a supplier of (UK) template contracts for software development

I'm looking to purchase a template contract for delivering fixed scope/price software development projects, dealing with IP issues and everything else that needs to be taken into consideration. I...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 06:21
Blank
Dan Dyer
657 points