Contract Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
Is the promise of a contract legally binding?

I promised someone that I would enter into a contract with them in the future. Basically I promised that I'd sell them a website for a fixed price in the future. This was an informal, oral...

asked Mar 23 '11 at 21:12
Blank
Picardo
116 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.05K Views
How to protect yourself from a subcontractor taking your client?

If I sub-contract, what forms, or agreements I need to make sure that my subcontractors don't compete with me in the near future. How do I make sure that my sub-contractor will not be hired...

asked Mar 26 '11 at 10:31
Blank
Geo
268 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.56K Views
Micro Company started, do they need to incorporate, or there is a better way?

If one individual has been delivering services to other corporations. So far they have been paying the individual to his name "John Doe". The individual now is hiring sub-contractors, to do other...

asked Mar 26 '11 at 11:01
Blank
Geo
268 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
What are good sites for finding CMS data entry sub-contractors?

I prefer to do work on my own sites, but I occasionally take one-off small business website jobs where I work with a designer, who owns the client relationship. Most of these sites are content...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 09:00
Blank
Pat James
138 points

10 Votes
6 Answers
3.31K Views
Agile With Fixed Pricing?

I am starting a company and am considering agile development, but I don't understand how a Fixed Price contract (the type I would like to use), could work. It seems like the point of Agile is to...

asked Mar 14 '11 at 10:36
Blank
Skaz
254 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Should a software license and maintenance support be on same agreement?

If I am selling to an SMB or enterprise should I have seperate agreements for license and annual maintenance /tech support?

asked Feb 17 '11 at 02:56
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.21K Views
When is an NDA valid? OR How generic is is too generic?

There are a lot of questions up here about NDAs but I didn't see anything for more generic forms. Here's my issue: I'm a software engineer and have written some iOS (iPhone/iPad) software. A...

asked Jan 30 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Ryan
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Online contract management solution?

Anyone know of an ONLINE solution for managing contracts, legal forms, etc? Something where I could generate, send, sign, and store legal contracts online- so that both parties would never need to...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 02:46
Blank
Yarin
147 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Any contract draft before beginning a startup

A friend of mine and me (both early 20s) are teaming up with a seasoned professional person who owns a PR agency. We are jointly developing an Internet marketing idea that could turn out...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 07:09
Blank
Vondip
584 points

14 Votes
1 Answers
3.55K Views
How much should we charge for an IT job?

The scenario We just got our very first medium/large size client. They are opening a new company which operates around a web application that will be entirely developed and maintained by us. We...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 03:16
Blank
Marco
173 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
10.6K Views
Paying remote contractors?

Let's say I hire some remote contractors. Some are based in the US, and some are international. I want to pay the contractors on a bi-weekly basis. What is the best service to use for paying my...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 11:31
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
2.93K Views
How to relieve customer's concerns about what happens to my one-man startup web service if I die?

I own an S Corporation that has launched a niche market web service and have signed up a few customers. I'm still very much bootstrapping this and doing everything myself (a one-man show). I'm...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 16:40
Blank
Tauren
240 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
How to deal with a contract for a job that is over-due and out-of-scope?

I executed a contract at the end of May for a relatively small web application. It listed 3 main features/requirements and a due date of July 15th. It is October 8th and it is still on-going. I...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 03:43
Blank
Fosco
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.73K Views
How to determine interest on overdue payment, based on terms of the contract

So, like most of the people starting out with own business, I picked a boiler plate contract and made minor modifications and used for a client project. You might already be familiar with this...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 12:52
Blank
User4568
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Distribution contract review rates and services

I would like to have a distribution contract reviewed by a lawyer specialized in worldwide intellectual property, to ensure that the contract is fair for all parties involved. I asked to one...

asked Aug 9 '10 at 21:46
Blank
Hpique
103 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Sub-contract Contract

When sub-contracting out web/graphic design what do you include in your contract with the sub-contractor? One specific area I'm curious about is issues regarding the sub-contractors online...

asked Jun 14 '10 at 23:37
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Questions for outsourced projects

I would like to get the following information related to outsourced project. What are the best practices to follow for the payment plan/structure when you are working with outsourced development...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 03:12
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.56K Views
Protections for minority shareholder in SHA (shareholders agreement)

We are in early startup phase. One founder has a big majority stake and we are co-founders with small 5 minority stake. We have good relations and we are happy with the stakes, but we would like to...

asked May 4 '10 at 23:59
Blank
Waldec
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Taking Stock in Clients

All, I run a contract engineering firm, and I'm considering taking stock in some of my clients in return for reduced rates. I feel comfortable doing this given the continued level of income from...

asked May 8 '10 at 01:31
Blank
Xkenneth
140 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.72K Views
A special kind of merger

I am negotiating a deal and I really need some advice on the pros and cons of the deal that has been suggested to me. I have a startup company with radically innovative technology. I want to...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 23:25
Blank
David
1,567 points