Contract Questions

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How to "Divorce" a co-counder in a way that leaves everyone happy

I had the idea for my startup two years ago. I discussed it with a friend and over time we agreed to be partners in the venture together, with a 50-50 equity split. We signed a tentative agreement...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 09:06
Blank
Steve French
621 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Opinion: Finders fee or not?

Through a business networking group "business friend of a business friend", you are introduced to a prospect who is interested in your services. The person who introduced you has never met you, but...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 14:13
Blank
User2396
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Legal issues with contract labor?

Are there any legal pitfalls I should know about when creating a service where I pay users to provide a service to customers? The model I'm thinking about is like Amazon Turk for a certain...

asked Jan 10 '10 at 06:37
Blank
User2212
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.18K Views
Celeb endorsement deal for mobile app

I have a mobile app I'm working on. I developed a working mockup as a PHP site, and I have a friend that I can partner with to build an objective-c version who has a lot of experience with this...

asked Nov 29 '09 at 09:43
Blank
Supermaccount
11 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.77K Views
what should be in a software license/terms of service/end user license agreement?

I suppose I should find a decent attorney for this, but I'd like to see if I can find some "free" resources first. My company is about to release a software product (actually bundled together...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 02:48
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Technical writing/Online help for web application

We have developed a web application. Now I am looking for freelancers who can write the online help and technical manuals for parts of it. However, I am not aware of the way these services are...

asked Nov 11 '09 at 00:01
Blank
Kabir
96 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Good 'starter' SOW or Contracts for Consultant business?

I run a consulting biz on the side (just me), doing odd IT jobs ranging from web development / design / db management etc; I have typically made small contracts or statements of work for the jobs,...

asked Nov 20 '09 at 07:58
Blank
Jakub
133 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.49K Views
Best resource for finding and managing freelance workers?

As a solo-preneur one really needs outside support. Consultants, freelancers, etc. Challenge is finding them, qualifying their experience, and tracking their work; as efficiently as possible as you...

asked Oct 28 '09 at 09:31
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
How do I engage an international student with a contract?

I'm considering hiring a software developer in Germany. He's a student so he's unlikely to have any type of corporate structure set up. I've had numerous conversations with him online, and we get...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 08:32
Blank
Danpickett
263 points

31 Votes
7 Answers
28.9K Views
How to split up revenue between partners who contribute different amounts of work

My co-founder and I will soon launch a micro ISV. Our current agreement states that we split ownership 50-50. However, since we reached the ownership agreement the amount of work we have put into...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 21:29
Blank
Steve French
621 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.66K Views
Reasonable budget to prepare a shareholder agreement

What's a reasonable budget for forming a proper shareholder agreement in a new start up, formed as a corporation to be owned between 4 founder/shareholders? I understnad there's some variation...

asked Nov 3 '09 at 04:16
Blank
Michael
250 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4.43K Views
How can I determine a good rate for freelancing?

I've currently got a startup and a full-time job. I'm looking to transition to part-time freelancing so I can focus more on my startup. However, I'm walking into this completely blind, and I need...

asked Oct 17 '09 at 22:39
Blank
Micah
880 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Could someone help me write a contract

I have started an online take away food ordering website and I am looking to write a contract between me and the restaurants that allow orders on my site. I don't know how much legal stuff I need...

asked Oct 19 '09 at 07:14
Blank
Ddd
116 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
5.91K Views
Where can I get free/cheap legal documents?

We're looking to hire our first employee and we want to make sure the employement and stock vesting stuff is all in order - we're in the UK so is it safe to assume that anything we read regarding...

asked Oct 22 '09 at 20:16
Blank
Pclark
744 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
8.55K Views
Contract with co-founder signed before starting startup?

Co-founder is someone we really trust. But still there is a possibility for dispute. Is it better to put everything in writing and sign it before starting startup? Is it worth to pay legal fee...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 23:47
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.4K Views
Hiring and interviewing advice

I'm in the process of evaluating resumes for a web marketing / project management position. I've never considered myself very good at interviewing. Beware, my question is multi-faceted, so don't...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 13:52
Blank
Dlynton
1,057 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.26K Views
How does one find an illustrator?

On one hand we have designers readily available, people we can hire to create something with direction or concepts already available. On the other hand, we have sites like 99 Designs and...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 10:26
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Pooling money as a group to obtain and share resources

Are there cooperative groups who share the cost for a number of resources (ie media lists, CRM)? Have you ever used this model, and if, so, did you find it successful? How did you meet the...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:11
Blank
Publicrelate
315 points