Contract Questions

14 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
How much should we charge for an IT job?

The scenario We just got our very first medium/large size client. They are opening a new company which operates around a web application that will be entirely developed and maintained by us. We...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 03:16
Blank
Marco
173 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
5.53K Views
Paying remote contractors?

Let's say I hire some remote contractors. Some are based in the US, and some are international. I want to pay the contractors on a bi-weekly basis. What is the best service to use for paying my...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 11:31
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
1.11K Views
How to relieve customer's concerns about what happens to my one-man startup web service if I die?

I own an S Corporation that has launched a niche market web service and have signed up a few customers. I'm still very much bootstrapping this and doing everything myself (a one-man show). I'm...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 16:40
Blank
Tauren
240 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to deal with a contract for a job that is over-due and out-of-scope?

I executed a contract at the end of May for a relatively small web application. It listed 3 main features/requirements and a due date of July 15th. It is October 8th and it is still on-going. I...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 03:43
Blank
Fosco
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
How to determine interest on overdue payment, based on terms of the contract

So, like most of the people starting out with own business, I picked a boiler plate contract and made minor modifications and used for a client project. You might already be familiar with this...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 12:52
Blank
User4568
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
Distribution contract review rates and services

I would like to have a distribution contract reviewed by a lawyer specialized in worldwide intellectual property, to ensure that the contract is fair for all parties involved. I asked to one...

asked Aug 9 '10 at 21:46
Blank
Hpique
103 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Sample contract for vested equity for 4 years in a Hong Kong company

I'm going to join a company as a late cofounder and after negotiation will receive a significant percentage of equity vested every months over 4 years and a small salary. The company is based in...

asked Jun 14 '10 at 13:18
Blank
Gommm
265 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Sub-contract Contract

When sub-contracting out web/graphic design what do you include in your contract with the sub-contractor? One specific area I'm curious about is issues regarding the sub-contractors online...

asked Jun 14 '10 at 23:37
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
What should go in a contract for desktop software?

When I release my desktop application in a few months, I'm hoping that after some demos that I will get some interest in the product! The application is B2B and the software price will be $5000....

asked Jun 16 '10 at 14:18
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Questions for outsourced projects

I would like to get the following information related to outsourced project. What are the best practices to follow for the payment plan/structure when you are working with outsourced development...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 03:12
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Protections for minority shareholder in SHA (shareholders agreement)

We are in early startup phase. One founder has a big majority stake and we are co-founders with small 5 minority stake. We have good relations and we are happy with the stakes, but we would like to...

asked May 4 '10 at 23:59
Blank
Waldec
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Taking Stock in Clients

All, I run a contract engineering firm, and I'm considering taking stock in some of my clients in return for reduced rates. I feel comfortable doing this given the continued level of income from...

asked May 8 '10 at 01:31
Blank
Xkenneth
140 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
A special kind of merger

I am negotiating a deal and I really need some advice on the pros and cons of the deal that has been suggested to me. I have a startup company with radically innovative technology. I want to...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 23:25
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Initial Agreement

I've come to an employment agreement with a startup company and they've sent me a copy of our agreement to look over and sign. I can't afford to get a lawyer to take a look at it, but I would like...

asked Mar 10 '10 at 08:11
Blank
Jane O
66 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
How to "Divorce" a co-counder in a way that leaves everyone happy

I had the idea for my startup two years ago. I discussed it with a friend and over time we agreed to be partners in the venture together, with a 50-50 equity split. We signed a tentative agreement...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 09:06
Blank
Steve French
616 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
Opinion: Finders fee or not?

Through a business networking group "business friend of a business friend", you are introduced to a prospect who is interested in your services. The person who introduced you has never met you, but...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 14:13
Blank
User2396
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Legal issues with contract labor?

Are there any legal pitfalls I should know about when creating a service where I pay users to provide a service to customers? The model I'm thinking about is like Amazon Turk for a certain...

asked Jan 10 '10 at 06:37
Blank
User2212
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
Celeb endorsement deal for mobile app

I have a mobile app I'm working on. I developed a working mockup as a PHP site, and I have a friend that I can partner with to build an objective-c version who has a lot of experience with this...

asked Nov 29 '09 at 09:43
Blank
Supermaccount
11 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
1.59K Views
what should be in a software license/terms of service/end user license agreement?

I suppose I should find a decent attorney for this, but I'd like to see if I can find some "free" resources first. My company is about to release a software product (actually bundled together...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 02:48
Blank
Tim J
8,334 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Technical writing/Online help for web application

We have developed a web application. Now I am looking for freelancers who can write the online help and technical manuals for parts of it. However, I am not aware of the way these services are...

asked Nov 11 '09 at 00:01
Blank
Kabir
96 points