Contract Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Sample partnership/cofounder contract clause for force-out payment schedule

I'm altering a contract between myself and another individual. The contract defines clauses for forcing another partner out but does not define how percentage of ownership shall be handled. I.e....

asked Oct 26 '12 at 13:26
Blank
Rks
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Contract signing and signature forgery

When signing a contract, how can we make sure the other party's signature is real? what if that person scribbles some random signature? And if disputes arises he can claim that it was a...

asked Oct 4 '12 at 01:47
Blank
Harry
18 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Alternative to expensive legal contract review?

I have a partnership agreement I'd like a second opinion on, but I can't afford a lawyer right now. What other resources are out there? I've found a web-based contract review site that uses...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 04:13
Blank
Jim
4 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Setting income limits for rental leases

I'm looking to rent out some condos and a large 'plex and am looking to change some of the lease terms. I've noticed some lessors setting income requirements of 3x-4x rent from their renters. Is...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 05:52
Blank
Mechaflash
146 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
On working with consultants

I have been asked by many startups to help them with their core machine learning IP Unlike outsourced software development, machine learning is difficult to outsource or even to specify because it...

asked Oct 12 '12 at 01:04
Blank
Charles Martin
26 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.25K Views
Company Signing rights

What determines who has authority to sign a contract on behalf of the company? What if a low level employee signs a contract in the name of the company, is it still binding? What happens when...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 13:17
Blank
Aaron
21 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Considering hiring advisors/consultants for my startup website

How should they be paid; what is an average fee for a professional...non professional? I really don't know how much time or useful info they will provide so is giving them a percentage of...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 01:32
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Service contract with monthly fee and extra hours

Let's say I provide services for my clients (consulting/programming/training, etc.) but the services are provided on demand at the clients' request. I want to charge a fixed monthly fee to cover...

asked Sep 15 '12 at 05:14
Blank
Miguel M
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Is Service Agreement Nullified if missing a referenced document?

Does a reference to another document which is no longer available or lost make a contract void or nullified? Such as a service agreement between two companies that makes reference to a marketing...

asked Aug 5 '12 at 16:57
Blank
Brian Boatright
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
How to compare contract rates with permanent rates, in UK

I am thinking of contracting, but do not know how to compare contract (inside and outside IR35) with permanent rates, within the United Kingdom (specifically England). So far I have...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 01:43
Blank
Richard
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
contract after work has been done in good faith

I have been developing software with a company owned by my cousin and others for the past 7 months. The most recent software I developed over the past 4 months was based on my own ideas about how...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 01:41
Blank
User1312003
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Non-compete clause for a early employee

Is it common to ask early employee of a startup to sign a contract containing non-compete clauses? I am against our employee, but I have a little concern on our competitor as they have money to...

asked Jul 15 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Yoga
116 points

16 Votes
5 Answers
4.34K Views
Losing Controlling Interest in a company, can that be bad?

Basically I have been lucky to get spotted by some angel investors and will be signing £60,000 for 60% of my current business come thursday, which will really boost my start-up massively and...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 07:18
Blank
Owen O'neill
83 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Can I use Terms of Service for my SaaS instead of regular contract?

I have a B2B SaaS web app. In most cases my clients are small or medium sized organizations and we have annual contracts. In other words, they sign the contract, according to which they are 'locked...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 01:03
Blank
Salmon
970 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Are online incorporation and contract forms sufficient?

Myself and two others have founded a start up and would like to incorporate. There are several sites that set up and file online (LegalZoom being one example), and I was wondering if in early...

asked May 15 '12 at 03:26
Blank
Zugwalt
135 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Non-compete clause in social media

I am in talks with one company (to be hired as a web developer) and looks like a contract is going to be signed soon. There are talks about non-compete clause that does not allow me to work in the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 09:39
Blank
Gediminas
113 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
How old does one legally have to be to start/own a share in a company in the US?

I am 18 but my co-founder is 17. (In other words, I am able to sign a binding contract, he is not.) We are getting ready to incorporate our startup — but is my co-founder old enough to start, and...

asked Apr 25 '12 at 02:23
Blank
David Kendal
28 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
0.5% equity and 2k/month to be the #1 CDO in a startup

I really need your help. It 's the first time I've been asked to work for a startup. The company has already been made??, founded by 2 partners, and has already received an initial investment, but...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 20:58
Blank
Vin
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
implications of a pre-contractual agreement with potential future employer?

I have only seen this being done for football players that have running contracts that will expire in a year's or two year's time and want to make it easy for the next football club to sign them...

asked Apr 10 '12 at 18:23
Blank
68 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Contract jurisdiction venue

I'm in the process of closing a somewhat sizable deal with a new client, and the only sticking point with the contract is the choice of jurisdiction. I am located in state A, the client in state...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 04:38
Blank
Josh3736
116 points