Lease Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
How to start a new ISP in a small city?

Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to start a new ISP (like Comcast, but at a smaller scale)?Do you need a significant amount of money to even get going and lay your own infrastructure?...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:02
Blank
Leslie Patterson
17 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Key things to look out for in an office space lease?

What are some key items to watch out for in an office space lease? We're renting a small space and don't have the resources (bootstrapped) to also hire a lawyer just to review the lease.

asked Mar 21 '14 at 15:43
Blank
Joel Villegas
5 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Setting income limits for rental leases

I'm looking to rent out some condos and a large 'plex and am looking to change some of the lease terms. I've noticed some lessors setting income requirements of 3x-4x rent from their renters. Is...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 05:52
Blank
Mechaflash
146 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
What are some startup-friendly providers of General Liability insurance?

I just moved into a subleased office space in Southern California and am required to carry general liability of at least $1M for our startup. This didn't seem like a big deal, but when I called my...

asked May 27 '11 at 04:16
Blank
S Wrobel
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Leasing a car for commute

I have a software development consultancy - this is a Sub-chapter S firm. I am considering leasing a car to travel to my client sites for business use and keep my personal vehicles for personal...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 03:33
Blank
Raj More
106 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.43K Views
Office Lease Problem

I am in the process of moving out of my home office and renting commercial space. I found a place nearby that I really like. It's clean, well-kept, and has plenty of room for myself and two...

asked Jul 24 '10 at 00:32
Blank
Steampunk
166 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Do I really need to buy hardware at all? Cloud vs Lease

My technical advisors...the guys that want to write code for me...want to drop about 80K on hardware assets. Ouch! Of course a lease comes to mind. Less ouch! Yet, I am aware of the cloud which is...

asked Apr 28 '10 at 04:21
Blank
Mudduckk
73 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.96K Views
Leasing rack space vs leasing computers

Currently hosting is our second biggest expense (after payroll). The question of buying hardware or buying your own is probably a common dilemma for SaaS companies. At the moment, I am not...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 09:19
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points