Resources Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.36K Views
Who are the large ring manufacturers in the US, UK or Europe?

In particular I am looking for companies that manufacture large quantities of engagement ring semi-mounts in these countries. I am NOT looking for wholesalers, retailers or manufacturers that make...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 01:04
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
How to start a new ISP in a small city?

Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to start a new ISP (like Comcast, but at a smaller scale)?Do you need a significant amount of money to even get going and lay your own infrastructure?...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:02
Blank
Leslie Patterson
17 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.01K Views
How much money to save before quitting job to work full time on startup?

I am currently working as a software engineer and have a pretty good salary (above $125K). How much savings should I ideally have before quitting my job and working full time on a startup idea solo...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:14
Blank
Philip Ochoa
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
Buying a website on Flippa using someone else's capital?

I'm looking to buy a website on Flippa that is likely going to sell for $200K+.I don't have the resources to buy this website with my own money. What other ways can I "fund" buying this website?Is...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 20:41
Blank
Noah Bruggeman
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
7.34K Views
What are some resources for learning about lifestyle-brand ecommerce businesses? [more answers welcome!]

I'm digging in to this industry and would love insight into what's unique about lifestyle ecommerce businesses / the consumer path to purchase in businesses like Holstee, Ministry of Supply,...

asked Jun 26 '15 at 19:46
Blank
Jay Neely
6,050 points

15 Votes
27 Answers
66.3K Views
Recommended books for entrepreneurs to read?

I just started reading The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law and it is very good. Are there any other books you would recommend?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 16:22
Blank
Stapler Scissor
96 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only books which matters every month?

How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only few important books which matters every month and disregard the others due to information overload ?

asked Dec 15 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Drew X
77 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.35K Views
Resources for young entrepreneurs in Toronto

I'm going to be finishing my master's degree in computer science soon, and am interested in pursuing entrepreneurship. I'm currently based in Montreal, but for personal reasons, am considering...

asked Jul 10 '11 at 12:29
Blank
Jbeard4
121 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
I have the idea but no resources. What should I do?

I have an idea for a software product, I (think I) know how I'll sell it. I also know what will be needed to develop it but I have just a part of the technical experience needed, not enough to make...

asked Jun 14 '11 at 03:18
Blank
David
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Reputable Angel Investment Sites or Resources?

Possible Duplicate: Looking for a list of angel investors? I have been starting the preliminary backside coding to a new web project that I am starting. I have seed money that I am using for...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Riddler Dev
131 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
3.27K Views
Is there any categorization or in-depth analysis of business models based on the Internet?

I was searching for some information, analyses and categorization for business models that are used in Internet-based businesses (basically: in the businesses that are conducted through the...

asked May 23 '11 at 10:00
Blank
Tadeck
56 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.92K Views
Are there any startup showcase websites?

The web is full of gallery websites for CSS design. e.g: http://www.css-showcase.com http://www.cssmania.com http://www.awwwards.com Is there such a thing for startups?

asked May 7 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.93K Views
One stop shop for start-up tools and resources?

I'm looking for a website that has all the tools and resources one might need to start a company. Anything from business plan templates to legal docs to reviews on potential vendors (e.g. who...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 17:48
Blank
User5336
13 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.96K Views
Where can one post a business plan for review?

We would like to ask for help in reviewing our plan. Not for viability of the business model but rather for clarity in explaining the plan. Does this function exist on this site? If not does anyone...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 09:30
Blank
Xs Direct
275 points

12 Votes
7 Answers
4.12K Views
What are the best free resources for a startup?

Question's focus is: free + resource = value So, far there have been a lot of answers related to software, have any other suggestions? Examples: Books, Trial Services, etc.

asked Oct 16 '10 at 23:21
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.46K Views
How to find steady programmers for a start up?

Here is my dilemna I only have a small budget for a Java programmer and I keep finding people that cannot see the benefit of doing anything they just want a salary and a full time job. So I have...

asked May 19 '10 at 22:36
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
2.63K Views
Good resource or Book for Internet Start-Ups

Which will cover issues like, things I will need to know in advance, technical difficulties, how to scale/deal with increased load, marketing strategies even?! etc etc. I love Getting Real by...

asked Apr 4 '10 at 20:50
Blank
Mohammad
136 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.77K Views
What's your favorite book or resource for social media marketing?

I learned quite a bit of relevant information in reading David Meerman Scott's excellent book, "The New Rules of Marketing and PR" I'm looking for similar focused, tactical, and useful resources to...

asked Mar 20 '10 at 04:09
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
4.02K Views
Any good books about Market Size Analysis?

Do any of you have any recomendations of books, blogs, websites, textbooks, etc. that detail the process of sizing a market/sector of the US Economy? Online market size analysis' are available...

asked Feb 10 '10 at 11:33
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.4K Views
Where is a good place to meet coders?

I am not a coder. I know basic coding and some web design, enough to have come up with what i believe to be an interesting idea for a start up. I can design the website and software myself, but...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 17:25
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points