Market Analysis Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.19K Views
What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

asked Mar 21 '20 at 06:12
Blank
Vipin Kv
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Estimating market size when creating a new market

How would a startup that intends to provide a brand new type of service quantify the market potential without spending a lot of money on legitimate survey research? Or without rolling out the...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 06:00
Blank
Caligirl
204 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
How to find the market size, expected revenue etc. for any start up idea? for eg market size of online flash banner creator websites

I have seen many website which create flash banner ads online and you can directly download the customized flash banner, thought it is not a new business idea I feel I can add some unique feature...

asked Aug 16 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
How to determine "market size" when researching ideas or creating a pitch deck?

How does one determine the "market size" for a business opportunity. Lets presume I'm selling mugs. How do I figure out what the market size for mugs is?

asked Jun 4 '14 at 15:55
Blank
Dolores Jensen
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Marketing a software product to new lawyers, when their industry shows mass unemployment?

I am creating a SaaS software product that targets brand new law graduates. But statistics show that law schools are churning out TWICE as many lawyers than there is demand.So that means half of...

asked Jun 24 '14 at 22:10
Blank
Violet Hall
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Calculating market size for a CRM app?

How can I figure out my market size for a CRM app similar to ZenDesk (support desk)? I am creating my pitch deck and can't figure out to accurately calculate that.

asked Feb 25 '14 at 17:45
Blank
Kevin Prudhomme
40 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
What are the tools to find out if I have a good start plan?

I have a starting plan, a good idea, some financing and all... The question mostly relates on the fact that the guys (who finance the product I am looking for to make) are asking who would buy this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 06:13
Blank
Salketer
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Recognition of the needs of the majority when not being part of it (socially, intellectually,...)?

Disclaimer first: the scope of this question is not to create polemics. The question is not elitist but based on reality. I am facing this business problem: How to recognize the needs of the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 18:03
Blank
Data Smarter
1,274 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Choosing between complex or simple business ideas

Having spent the last 2 years plotting business ideas and dreaming of the day I would resign I have finally given notice and am preparing to begin pursuing my dreams. However I have reached an...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 14:48
Blank
Maxim Gershkovich
234 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Doing (market)-research/analysis for startup idea

I'd like to know which options I have or which routes you went in order to get some data about how well an idea "can" do in the real world. How can I do market research/analysis myself? Should I...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 22:04
Blank
Ducati Nerd
3 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Is my target market big enough?

Background information: I'm looking to start an entrepreneurship. My goal is to generate a net revenue of $4000/month (for example), probably through a SaaS software offering (think GMail). My...

asked Nov 24 '12 at 01:44
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.45K Views
How to Research and Determine Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM)

I'm working on the executive summary for my website idea and need to figure out the total market capitalization for the this industry. For example, if all the yearly advertising (and other)...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 11:42
Blank
User19815
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Efficiency of demand prediction software

I have an activity, which is very simple in conceptual sense: Exploration of possible demand and extraction of interesting products. Product is considered "interesting", if it seems to be...

asked Feb 21 '12 at 04:58
Blank
Mixo123
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Where do I find market data for photo marketplace?

Our startup is an open market place for photos and illustrations. I am trying to find market analysis to define the size of our market, which can be sumed up as the number of users dissatisfied...

asked Jan 3 '12 at 16:55
Blank
Mconnors
15 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Is my procedure for determining market size based on keyword search traffic a good one?

I'm making a software for a very small and specific market. Worldwide, the numbers seem good. That is, there is a possibility for business. Nevertheless, I wanted to post my procedure. The question...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 07:35
Blank
Jbcolmenares
117 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Taking the next step: Analysis of competition turns up demoralizing results, proceed on?

First of all thank you to everybody for my previous questions on this site, you inspire me to think about problems differently. My father and I had a great idea for a web based startup, we have...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 23:40
Blank
Maple Shaft
323 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
How to estimate the value of having followers

Let's say that I created a business that somehow created content or news about itself that was interesting for 100.000 people to follow on a regular basis. Is there any very rough way of estimating...

asked Nov 21 '11 at 22:01
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
App development vs Web development

Ok basically I have good ideas for both but i just need to know where to start. which market is less harsh/competitive and easier to step into and learn the ropes between the two( I know none are...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 00:53
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
We are in primary stage of building a product, should we review our primary prototype or should we bring final product directly in market

We are preparing some visualised education content, we friends have a small debate on what should be our next strategy to built the final product. Should we make a prototype of our product, and...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 01:35
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
22.1K Views
How to approach people when conducting a market survey?

I am trying to conduct a market survey, using it to gauge the experiences of people who visit a very old open-air market and what improvements they would like to see. This place is pretty popular...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Sriram
174 points