Market Analysis Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How to analyse products to sell online to make the most profit?

As a developer myself, I've set up an e-commerce website in England and hired 2 people to help me package and invoice etc.. In terms of choosing the right and most profitable products to sell...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:37
Blank
Cem
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
How Do I Define and Research a Market and Estimate Market Share

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. In this question and answer, we will discuss place, which...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 23:45
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.25K Views
How to make revenue and user acquisition projections for product which is not launched yet?

How can you make revenue and user acquisition projections before launching your product? And are they worth anything?

asked Aug 28 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Gagan
150 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Do I need a Market segment?

When starting a On line Retail store that uses drop-shipping services, will I still need to choose a market segment? Or can I just market and sell to anyone all over the world. I mean the...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 03:42
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.36K Views
Where do I find company information for revenue projections?

I'd like to get the information for Groupon or another web 2.0 company to see their revenue, subscriber, traffic, etc. curves for our business plan financial projections. They are a close model to...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:04
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
How should I start building a social network site?

Early I asked a question about starting a social network company. Thanks for people who answered my question. I learned that I might implement the ideas first then start a company. But how...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 16:25
Blank
Yc Wang
19 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
What are the major current trends in the traditional retailing industry?

Now after the internet has taken over a substantial part of shopping, I am interested to know the current trends in the traditional retailing industry. How is it adapting to compete with mature...

asked May 11 '11 at 07:46
Blank
David
1,567 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
What makes customers jump ship?

There is Company X online that provides a service for its visitors - and though they currently have the monopoly and have for the past 10 years, the quality of their service is not so great and...

asked May 18 '11 at 01:59
Blank
Sam
509 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.53K Views
What is the Minimum Level of Quality (MLQ) expected for your Minimum Viable Product (MVP)

This question got me thinking about quality and the expectations of quality for your Minimum Viable Product (MVP). This may seem like a basic question but I wanted to understand the expectations...

asked Apr 9 '11 at 23:06
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How can I check the income of a German company registered as GmbH (Limited Liability)?

In many countries, the income of companies is public and accessible. My question is whether this is correct also for Germany, and where I could look up such information?

asked Mar 25 '11 at 20:17
Blank
David
1,567 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Coffee Startup -- How to decide where to spend the marketing dollars?

We just opened a coffee store online. This store brings exceptionally good quality coffee to the door steps of every person in every US state. We are based on the Caribbean area. Enough with my own...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 02:47
Blank
M. Torres
51 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
How can I figure out the market size for a mobile app (and then calculate how much money I'd make)?

I have an idea for a VoIP mobile app on Android that would provide some advanced technical features not currently available (i.e. better encryption, firewall traversal, etc.) The problem I have is...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 07:47
Blank
Ajpyles
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.93K Views
How many people should I get to fill out my survey?

I'm trying to do things the proper, "lean" way by looking to survey potential users/customers so I can develop a product people want. The survey is out, but how do I know when I have sufficient...

asked Feb 3 '11 at 05:48
Blank
Acconrad
113 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.1K Views
How to get reliable survey results

I would like to survey a community of prospects about a new service we are thinking of developing. A question I would really like answered is "How much would you be willing to pay?" The problem is...

asked Feb 8 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
Sites for dissecting a company's annual report

Are there any sites that dissects a company's annual report as well as discuss its strategy, SWOT etc? If there is such a site, it will be a good opportunity for us to enhance our understanding of...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 01:10
Blank
Ravisankar S
3 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
How can I measure my future audience?

Before taking on a project, there is always a question: "How many people will use this?" So how do I measure that "people", at least inaccurate.

asked Nov 25 '10 at 14:19
Blank
Daniel Excinsky
148 points

-2 Votes
2 Answers
1.63K Views
I'm preparing to be a wholesaler. How to do market research?

I have not decided what products I choose to work on and I need to do market research. How to do it? Any tips? I am in China.

asked Jul 13 '10 at 21:00
Blank
Jack
116 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.53K Views
Will my relocation greatly affect my business? My business fields are language interpretation, real estate market, travel market, internationanl trade market

I am building my own business and tentatively I will go into business interpretation, real estate market, travel market, and international trade market. I am trilingual and I like to travel around...

asked Aug 14 '10 at 21:07
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you gather in depth competitive intelligence with no cost?

I am able to access free whitepapers etc but i haven't been in the market long enough to know really what I am competing with to improve my positioning and competitive advantage. How can I access...

asked Apr 23 '10 at 23:22
Blank
Stacey
484 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.32K Views
Market share of online payment processors?

What are the largest online payment processors in terms of market share and where can I find that kind of information (for free) ? My personal guess is that Paypal and Authorize.net are the...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 22:08
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points