Advertising Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
Advertising - Yard Signs

I found a few places online that sell yard signs for advertising in neighborhoods (you usually see these signs for political ads, yard services, etc) and I was curious if anyone has a good...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 04:33
Blank
Whoiskb
183 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.18K Views
How to keep coupons from being duplicated

I am running a company and have seen groupon work for some other biz owners I know. But I was thinking about running a small promo for myself and giving out coupons but am not sure how to keep my...

asked Apr 26 '13 at 08:14
Blank
Tj Sherrill
129 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
12K Views
How much do publishers typically pay to run Google DFP (DoubleClick)?

I'm investigating ad serving software. Google has a product, acquired from DoubleClick, called DFP. They've divided it up into a free "small business" version (too small for me) and a premium DFP...

asked May 20 '10 at 01:25
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,462 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to find advertisers for a niche that Google Adsense doesn't allow?

I own a fairly popular image hosting site (mostly memes). The content of the site isn't high value to advertisers on Google so my application to AdSense was rejected.How can I find a way to...

asked Jun 25 '14 at 13:10
Blank
Joseph Larson
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to deal with user backlash when adding ads to your content site?

I have a private forum which has grown over the years to now have 10K registered members.I recently added Google AdSense ads to all the forum pages. The ad appears after the first post.How do you...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 17:14
Blank
Richard Baldwin
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Can ad revenue sustain this model?

Hello, I'm currently in the planning stages of a simple idea.. It's nothing major, I'm just a student and just want to get my feet wet.. However, as I think more and more about it, I'm more and...

asked Aug 9 '14 at 13:56
Blank
eXtreme
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.01K Views
How to setup Facebook ads to target people that are from the UK, but now live in the US?

Is it possible to somehow setup audience targeting to only show ads to people who used to live in the UK, and now live in the United States?Any nifty targeting tricks that can be used to achieve this?

asked Aug 30 '14 at 16:59
Blank
Aaron Pellerin
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Excellent user feedback but sales still low, what am I doing wrong?

I developed a desktop application for Windows and I'm now trying to sell it.http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnapUser feedback are excellent, I receive encouraging emails from user saying...

asked Dec 17 '14 at 10:27
Blank
User34203
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.28K Views
How to prevent competitors from clicking on Google Adwords ad units?

We spent a lot of money on PPC ads and lately seeing a ton of fraudulent clicks. After some investigation, they appear to be clicks by competitors. How can we prevent this from happening on not...

asked Apr 17 '15 at 10:10
Blank
Frank Heacock
12 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.15K Views
Low cost alternatives to Facebook ads?

Google AdWords is too expensive for our niche and Facebook ads don't convert well. What other options are available to performance marketers that has some decent scale?

asked Feb 28 '14 at 04:15
Blank
Belinda Harris
60 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Display ad networks for smaller publishers (less than 75K impressions per month)?

Are there any banner ad networks for sites that get less than 75K impressions per month? Almost every major network I've checked has huge requirements.

asked Mar 3 '14 at 02:05
Blank
Joanna Cash
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How does Facebook's new algorithm affect using it as a marketing channel?

Under the new algorithm, only a small percentage of people who like your fan page will be able to see your status updates in their newsfeed.Is this done to force startups to use FB advertising?...

asked Apr 7 '14 at 16:11
Blank
Robert Perry
11 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
How should we advertise towards the Chinese demographic for our new startup?

So my new startup is ready and I want to market it to people living in china.I live in India.How should I put best efforts to advertise to Chinese People living in China.

asked Jun 1 '12 at 13:50
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.16K Views
Tool to verify that my ads are being displayed by publishers?

I am looking to advertise on small "mommy blogs" by offering them a monthly fee in exchange for displaying my banner ad.Due to the number of blogs I would be working with, I can't always keep track...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 14:11
Blank
Jonathan Barger
75 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
User perception of "From around the web" and "More from the web" style ads on news sites like CNN?

How do users feel about the shady looking "From around the web" style ads that are on most news sites (including CNN)? They're usually links to very shady advertorial articles on other sites.Which...

asked Mar 10 '14 at 18:44
Blank
Williams Noe
5 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.04K Views
Responding to competitor's ad campaign that disses your company?

How would you respond to a competitor's smear campaign that explicitly says their "xyz feature is 10x better than my company"?Should I create an ad campaign of my own and rebut their claim?Their...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 14:22
Blank
Catherine Savage
60 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.02K Views
Is revenue from "Exit Pop-ups" worth potentially annoying your visitors?

I am thinking about using an exit popup provider for users who are not logged in. So this would only apply for one-time lurkers who come from Google and leave.Is the high CPMs exit popups offer...

asked Mar 8 '14 at 14:27
Blank
Jasmin Bender
25 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
Strategies for media buying?

What are some of your best strategies & hacks for buying traffic?Display, email, CPC, CPA, etc.

asked Feb 27 '14 at 22:06
Blank
Tina Bloom
25 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
Optimizing Facebook ad targeting: what are your strategies?

We have a limited budget to begin advertising on Facebook and from all the stuff I've read it looks like the key is filtering down the target audience to find profitable segments. What are some...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 16:39
Blank
Clara
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Tax Deduction On Advertising

As a sole-proprietorship living in the US. If I make $50000 income and I spent $10000 in advertising. My taxable income is $40000, correct? Now, if I re-invest the entire $40000 back into...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 09:52
Blank
User29838
1 point