Advertising Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Facebook advetising compaign - strange situation

As my FB ad campaign says, 50 people clicked ad and went to my site (I double checked, URL is correct, it leads to my site). But in my Google analytics is nothing. No traffic from Facebook at all....

asked Sep 1 '13 at 04:33
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
other modes of revenue to flourish

There are more than 30000 page views per month to this site. Does anyone know how to generate revenue from it other than the 3rd party ads? Please suggest other ways to generate revenue. My site...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Masterbinoy
41 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Promoting and Advertising a Web Design Start Up?

Over the past few years I have gained a strong interest in Web Development and I finally decided it was time to take it to the next level... Start selling my services as a Web Developer. I am more...

asked Aug 18 '13 at 01:57
Blank
Skovy
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.64K Views
How do I convince my customers they should advertise on my website?

So i've been doing research on how to price advertising on my website. I have a nightlife guide website for a tourist destination where I highlight the most reccomended to go places, and I write...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sergio
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Do ads ruin user experience?

I'm developing some school communication/information software for mobile and browser and I have a question about ads. I was going to have a resources section where people can post useful links and...

asked Jul 5 '13 at 18:11
Blank
Jason
41 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
How do I advertise the products in my rental business?

I am starting an electronic rental business. Legally, am I allowed to put advertisements in print and web for my business that feature a picture of the electronic and name saying that I rent these...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 14:42
Blank
Lookingforanswers
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Revenue share for promotion of mobile apps

I'm a sole android app developer with good quality free apps (games) but not much experience in marketing and promotion of my apps. My biggest problem is that I have little money to promote my...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Relax Factor
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Advertising based on user's email address

I have a website where in some instances I will know the user's email address. Is there an advertising network, where I would submit an email address to retrieve relevant ads and could then display...

asked Mar 14 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
Web Advertising For Internal Application

I have a website with non-public pages. I would like to use advertisements on these internal pages. Is there an advertising network that allows this? For the life of me, I can't find one. For...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 23:21
Blank
Startup Leader
140 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.68K Views
Online Advertising for Startup Website

I am looking to monetize my start-up website by adding advertisements to it. After doing some research it seems I should look at Pay per Click (PPC) rather than Cost per Thousand (CPM) or some...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Chris
120 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
Questions regarding faking a user-base for new sites?

Is creating multiple accounts and creating content on a user-generated content site a common solution to the classic "initial community" problem? It seems like a viable solution and certainly...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 09:09
Blank
User12173
128 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
Who do I need to hire?

I've started a company approximately 2 years ago that provides monitoring services for a niche cloud-based industry. My target customer base are IT and Development shops of various companies...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Sending newsletters

I've had an online site for years, currently with around 3000 users. I want to start a newsletter but am unsure of the laws for this (I've read CAN-SPAM guidelines but this subject isn't really...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 07:52
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.52K Views
What are typical advertising rates for national print magazines (like Time, the now defunct Newseek, etc.)?

I'm considering advertising in general national magazines. (So far we've only advertised in specialty magazines for our industry.) I'm wondering what the range of rates is (for say, a 1/6 page...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 02:46
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Adwords - Understanding Modified Broad Match Keywords

I'm not completely new to Adwords optimization, but I guess the learning process never really ends... My company is focused tightly on a specific niche. All of my keywords (across several ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 02:05
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
What are some good ways to promote a paid mobile app?

I have an Android app that costs $4.95. It is a business app that is worth the money. What I am looking for is insight into some paid-marketing approaches where I can advertise this app. I...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 02:08
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
How to integrate promotional code ad network w/ online retailer?

I would like to create a print ad network for online retail advertisers with the following features. The ads will be distributed as posters. The printed ad includes a URL with a link to the ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 17:35
Blank
Jason
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How to choose a Ads solution for website or mobile apps that uses the profiled data?

We have a website and some mobile apps which generate significant number of daily views (say 10M). The main feature of these projects is that, in most cases, you know a lot about users interests,...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 03:27
Blank
Lukasz Dziedzia
16 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
How do I source prizes and gifts for a competition site?

Every day I receive invitations to win holidays, gift vouchers, cash, cars etc. When you go to the site there are literally hundreds if these deals listed. I know some of these sites simply...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Dean Nesmith
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
How to calculate return on investment?

While my online product is free for users to use and a paid marketing platform for business owners, How can I calculate return on investment of advertising campaign I am running on various...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 21:01
Blank
Sourabh
288 points