Newsletter Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Should you ask for name when collecting emails addresses on landing pages?

Most landing pages just ask for your email address -- which is likely because the fewer fields, the better the conversion.The problem is addressing your subscribers in the emails you'll send...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 02:14
Blank
Alan Hamilton
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.94K Views
Exchanging newsletter mentions and tweets with other startups?

What do you think about exchanging exposure with other startups which has users that are your potential clients? For example you have a time management app, other startup has a note taking app,...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 01:57
Blank
Virgil
8 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Sending newsletters

I've had an online site for years, currently with around 3000 users. I want to start a newsletter but am unsure of the laws for this (I've read CAN-SPAM guidelines but this subject isn't really...

asked Dec 7 '12 at 07:52
Blank
Geoff M
115 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Newsletter systems used by startups

Is there an existing system that startups or websites uses to send their newsletters out to users that are signed up to their site? I don't really want to go build a subsystem just for that so I'm...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 04:30
Blank
Shawn Mclean
220 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
What is the best free/open source php based newletter system?

Over time I have used a bunch of email newsletter managers and seems like everyyear I am using something new. I am worried that I have missed a really good option out there that has been right...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 14:32
Blank
Lenn Dolling
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
What to include in an intro letter for a potential customer?

I am experienced in my field (Software Engineering) but its mostly as a worker. This means that I can handle the work and can get it done from workers but I don't exactly know how to market my...

asked Jun 17 '11 at 23:11
Blank
Muhammad Yasir
108 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.13K Views
Are newsletters dead as a marketing tool?

I realize this is kind of an incendiary question but bear with me. There are of course many strong newsletters in the world. But they already exist. My question is about starting something new...

asked May 13 '11 at 13:49
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Should I provide newsletter archive online?

I'm starting a newsletter about Japan and I'm not sure whether it should have an online archive of past issues. If yes, only available to subscribers, or widely publicized all over the net? I...

asked Dec 21 '10 at 03:26
Blank
Philip Seifi
132 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.83K Views
How might I send a million newsletters a month?

What would you recommend for sending a very large number of newsletters, e.g. a million or more each month? I would want them reliably delivered within a few days. I am willing to pay a...

asked Jan 1 '10 at 10:57
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
How do I create a successful Email campaign?

I'm trying to figure out the best way of sending out an email campaign to alert potential customers about my desktop software application for fostering agencies and organizations. I have looked at...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 13:44
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points