Email Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3K Views
Should you ask for name when collecting emails addresses on landing pages?

Most landing pages just ask for your email address -- which is likely because the fewer fields, the better the conversion.The problem is addressing your subscribers in the emails you'll send...

asked Jun 19 '14 at 02:14
Blank
Alan Hamilton
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.64K Views
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Fastest way to build an email list for your niche?

What is the fastest way to build a large email list of potential customers that you can pitch your product to?PS. I don't mean mass emailing people, but contacting them one by one manually and...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Russel Corley
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Email service to do advanced mailings than MailChimp is capable of?

We've been using MailChimp for a long time to send our email newsletters. While it allows for some general segmentation of your list, we need a solution that allows us to trigger emails based on...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 18:57
Blank
Leroy Hardin
7 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
9.54K Views
Cold emailing a VC without an intro?

I don't have any contacts that could provide me an intro to a vc firm or angel investors. I have, however, found that many VCs' email addresses can be easily found on their websites or personal...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 12:38
Blank
Henry Nielsen
25 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to prevent users from signing up with disposable email addresses? Should I even care?

There is a small percentage of users on my site that signup for the free trial using disposable email addressed like Mailinator, etc. How can I prevent them from doing so? Are there any negative...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 20:35
Blank
Larry Gatto
50 points

-3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
negative response from prospect

i just wanted your advice on the following correspondence from a prospect (see below- i have removed a few references). I want to look at this as an opportunity and try to turn the negative...

asked Jun 26 '13 at 21:17
Blank
Herman Salling
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Operational email policy

We've recently launched a platform and we start aquiring emails from users, partly from facebook and partly on their own merit. We want to start sending operational emails to our users, for...

asked May 4 '13 at 21:45
Blank
Itai Sagi
337 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Advertising based on user's email address

I have a website where in some instances I will know the user's email address. Is there an advertising network, where I would submit an email address to retrieve relevant ads and could then display...

asked Mar 14 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Is it ever okay to send marketing emails to a list of emails that didn't request them?

Is it ever okay to send emails regarding your start up to a scraped or purchased list? Is this okay in any scenario? For example, if my start up sold software for managing mobile-hairdressing...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 10:00
Blank
Anonymous
557 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Direct Email Marketing?

I've validated a solution, have a few committed customers, and want to move forward with development and subsequent marketing of my app. In validating the solution, I simply went onto the yellow...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 23:09
Blank
User464180
159 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Best practices for finding customers via email

We want to create a start-up, it offers computational services to biotechs for drug discovery. We want to find customers out of our country. Besides options such as traveling, or attending forums,...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 17:40
Blank
Flow
114 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.56K Views
Best Email Services for a Maturing Startup

I run a small but very successful startup, that has been around for 13 months now. We are a 10 person team, but are rely on an aging Exchange 2003 server for our email, calendar, and contact...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 06:21
Blank
Cdd
46 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How valuable is a targeted listed of 40,000 emails?

I'm about to release a software as a service targeted at university students. Through the university I currently attend, I was able to export the global email address list (this information is...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 16:31
Blank
Josh Tfs
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.6K Views
Who should I contact if I want to sell my website to big company?

I am a founder. I'm planning to write a letter/email to sell one of my website to big company, but the question is: Who should I contact? The CEO of company, the product manager or just anyone...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 02:39
Blank
Anlai
375 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Managing automatic emails

I have a marketplace website. There are several types of emails that I am having the coders develop to be sent to users. For example, when a seller's item is sold they are alerted, when they have...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 01:16
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.44K Views
What email address convention does your SaaS startup use?

We run a small SaaS startup and we're using GMail for Business. Each member of staff currently has a personal email address using their first name. For example [email protected],...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 18:26
Blank
Kosta Kontos
216 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Email format: which is more professional

I own a domain which is my first and last name dot com and I was wondering if it is better to have [my first name]@[my domain] or me@[my domain]? Which is more professional? Does having [my first...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 06:41
Blank
Newguy
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Sending emails on behalf of customers in a whitelabelable app

We built a multi-tenant or whilabelable app so that each of our customers use it to communicate with their users and those users never know we exist. This is quite similar to Zendesk, Basecamp,...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 02:05
Blank
J. Pablo Fernández
412 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Are there any 'rules of thumb' regarding email response rates?

I am running a startup and I reached out to an industry publication that I read while I was working for my last employer (for advertising our product with them). I am interested in their email...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 13:11
Blank
Ktr
53 points