Customer Support Questions

31 Votes
11 Answers
29.5K Views
UserVoice or GetSatisfaction?

These two services seem quite similar and from reading around on the internet I can't find a definitive reason why one is better than the other or a comparison of their strengths/weaknesses. Has...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 18:39
Blank
Anthon
470 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.99K Views
What are the best options for multi channel help desks for a startup?

What I'd like to achieve is that all the support emails, live chat messages, Facebook comments and messages, and Twitter messages can be handled from one simple and clean interface. The key factor...

asked Aug 3 '17 at 15:59
Blank
Brian Wayne
1 point

4 Votes
7 Answers
5.63K Views
Anyone know of any live chat solutions that integrate w/ Google Talk or other IM platforms?

My site currently uses Volusion live chat but honestly, it sucks, since I need to run the tool and sit in front of it all day long. I'd like something more mobile where I can respond to chat...

asked Mar 22 '11 at 10:45
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

8 Votes
13 Answers
7.78K Views
Zendesk or Assistly?

We are in process of implementing support portal for our startup and looking at zendesk or assistly for this. These two services seem quite similar and from reading around on the internet I can't...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 11:10
Blank
R D
110 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.31K Views
How can a single-founder (and no employees) provide fast customer support?

I'm a solo founder without any employees (revenues don't yet justify hiring someone).How would you manage providing timely support to customers? What are some tools and strategies to use?I run a...

asked Apr 15 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Sandra Baldwin
22 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
Reducing phone calls from customers? We get way too many calls for product customization and new features.

Our SaaS product that targets the enterprise gets way too many phone calls from customers. We can't remove the phone number completely, since it results in some sales leads.Here are some things...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Rocco Schmidt
308 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
A user is asking for a share of profit after suggesting a feature

I developed an app and after it's been 1.5 years on the stores, a user wrote an email with a suggestion for a feature. I replied that "yes, thanks for your suggestion, it's cool and I'll implement...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 17:07
Blank
Iseeall
118 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
How can indie software house reduce/avoid support and refunds?

I would like to sell desktop software online, but I have very limited resources and can't always give 100% support to the customers. I am worried about how customers might react to poor support...

asked Nov 2 '13 at 04:07
Blank
Rambodash
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Expected/Estimating Support Costs

I'm part of a small team with a website that is thankfully growing. We are in the process of trying to make some projections, and while budgeting for future technology-related costs such as...

asked Sep 17 '13 at 01:54
Blank
Paul Mennega
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Should I provide a customer support number on my site?

A company that I recently started connects clients and freelancers in a higher quality way via online project board. (Think craigslist on steroids). I launched in beta about 2 weeks ago and...

asked Jul 28 '13 at 12:22
Blank
Justin
50 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.64K Views
How do I convince my customers they should advertise on my website?

So i've been doing research on how to price advertising on my website. I have a nightlife guide website for a tourist destination where I highlight the most reccomended to go places, and I write...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sergio
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.67K Views
What is a good first ticket response time/SLA for B2B Saas?

Up until recently, we used our own messaging system with our application for customers to log tickets and then just email for anyone not a client. We are now trialling Hesk to give us a "proper"...

asked May 31 '13 at 21:13
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.69K Views
How to scale up a customer support team?

As the founder, I've been handling all customer support questions myself (via email, chat, and phone). This is always good, since it keeps me in direct contact with my customers. But I need to...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 00:07
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Conversion rate for support contracts

We have a B2B Saas offering which is currently free - we are exploring monetisation options and rather than going the route of charging for a premium option we are considering keeping it free and...

asked Feb 18 '13 at 00:22
Blank
Bhttoan
735 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.71K Views
How do startups sell online, manage customer relationships and support their products?

We want to setup an online shop for our (physical) products. When a customer registers to order a product, we want this information to be registered to a CRM automatically so we can track our...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 20:39
Blank
Something Better
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
How to manage phone support to the US?

We're a two-member team operating from Asia but incorporated in Delaware (for various reasons), and we'll soon release our first webapp. Since the target audience of our app would be US and...

asked Dec 23 '12 at 05:04
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
Can I sell SAAS product with no (or very limited) customer support

Can I sell SAAS product with no customer support. We have small utility which we can sell to customers at small price, but we do not have people to support it. If we tell customer upfront when they...

asked Dec 2 '12 at 05:31
Blank
Prashant K
6 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
2.84K Views
How do we respond to customers who call us for support we don't offer?

We sell a mix of products, some paid, some free. Our brands for these products are completely separate, and on the websites for the free product we don't give out our phone number (and direct...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 03:37
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
2.76K Views
Should users data be removed upon their request?

I have a commercial web startup. From a legal standpoint does maintaining users record (database info) if they decide to delete their account outweighs deleting their record? Maintaining the users...

asked Aug 22 '12 at 11:32
Blank
Dave Valentine
51 points

13 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
How to deal with the ever-growing backlog

I'm a one-man company, and a couple of months ago I shipped version 1.0 of my product after a year of beta testing. So far it has been successful; the product is selling and the customer base is...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 23:03
Blank
Anonforthis
66 points