Features Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.84K Views
Where do you get your product inspiration from?

For founders who already have a product, where do you get inspiration for new features and improvements to your app?The only thing I've always done is look at competitors and decide which of their...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 14:26
Blank
Matthew Bryant
19 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
A user is asking for a share of profit after suggesting a feature

I developed an app and after it's been 1.5 years on the stores, a user wrote an email with a suggestion for a feature. I replied that "yes, thanks for your suggestion, it's cool and I'll implement...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 17:07
Blank
Iseeall
118 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.64K Views
First-to-market principle in niche markets: Can competitors survive?

This is my first time on this part of SO. Go easy on me :) Say for example you know a company building a tool or app, but you discover that their way of doing it is flawed or in a more kinder way...

asked Nov 22 '13 at 06:00
Blank
Joe
201 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How often should I implement a new feature in a new web startup?

What is a safe time frame that I should implement a new feature for my directory-like website so the users won't lose their interest ?

asked Dec 14 '12 at 04:16
Blank
Rob Del
113 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
deciding on priorities for new features

we released a very limited version of our product but it misses lots of functionality. Our income will be based on retailers and there are certain functionality they will be looking for. And of...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 08:30
Blank
Altuure
103 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Desktop Software Startup: How to go about pricing Pay Per Feature

So I found lot of articles and questions on pricing software in separate market segments but for my current desktop software here's my model. I offer a free version with lot of disabled features....

asked Dec 21 '11 at 21:42
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Please, prioritize this list of features for any Software Product

From your experience, as entrepreneur or as user, please order from the most important (1) to the least important (6) these features for a software product... A) Support (mail, chat or phone) B)...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 08:52
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.55K Views
For market segmentation pricing... what is better for a software product: by features or by capacity?

what do you think is a better style for market segmentation pricing of a software product?... Option A: By features (Spreadsheet software example) - Edition Lite: $100 (features: macros and...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 17:48
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Should I createa new site or add as a feature to the existing website?

I currently have a website in which I can add a feature that integrates with Twitter. I can add this as one of the features for a premium plan. Alternately, I can create a brand new website and...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 13:01
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.69K Views
Outsourcing most development/design for a SaaS startup. Is it feasible or will I go broke before starting?

The service I'm planning to launch, requires a lot of work (code and design-wise), and it definitely needs more than 1-2 persons. In my country, start-up partners are hard to find/non-existent. It...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 19:08
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Engagement vs. virality in web app

A web app of mine is the early stage of development. It has less than 100 users in total. On a daily basis there are new users coming in but relatively less returning users. My question is about...

asked Apr 12 '10 at 13:49
Blank
G Rex
683 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Pricing of a feature/product

I recently quit a big MNC to start off on my own. I have built a B2B(Business-to-Business) product but not figured out how to price it. Please tell me if my approach is right. I was earning...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 16:56
Blank
Viv
482 points

16 Votes
11 Answers
5.93K Views
How to reject Feature Requests?

How do you reject feature requests nicely especially when the feature request is made publicly via twitter, uservoice or something like ideastorm? For us general reasons to reject are: It's...

asked Dec 26 '09 at 03:12
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
7.27K Views
What companies failed because they released too early?

Most bloggers are saying you should release early, iterate often, and fail fast. But some companies are notorious for releasing early, but then getting a bad reputation which led to their failure....

asked Dec 19 '09 at 05:41
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
3.3K Views
Should I listen to my customers' feature requests?

Every now and then I read that you should never listen to the feature requests of your users. Then again sometimes I read "especially in the first stages always listen to your customers" I don't...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 18:02
Blank
Thomaschaaf
158 points