Development Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.7K Views
How to find a developer willing to work on revenue share for iPhone app with existing traction?

I have developed a pretty successful iPhone app and already have 3,000 active users after 3 months on the app store. I want to add some additional features to the app but don't have the time to do...

2 Votes
2 Answers
What percentage of revenue should you allocate for R&D for established SaaS companies?

Assuming you have a SaaS company that is already generating over $1M per year in gross revenue, how much of that should you allocate towards R&B and product development?In the early stages,...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:41
Blank
Nellie Lee
12 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Die casting or moulding for a 3D design?

I can do 3D drawing. But I don't have much experience in die casting process so I don't know what angles I can do and what are my limits in my drawings for my new product. It is a aluminium or zinc...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 11:35
Blank
Fd
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
How to get over "redesign entire app" or "recode from scratch" syndrome?

As a founder of a few apps, I always get caught up in redesigning or recoding an entire app from scratch.Sometimes it's because I'm not satisfied with the first iteration (or have been staring at...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:29
Blank
David Ponder
17 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.31K Views
Where do you get your product inspiration from?

For founders who already have a product, where do you get inspiration for new features and improvements to your app?The only thing I've always done is look at competitors and decide which of their...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 14:26
Blank
Matthew Bryant
19 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.03K Views
Can a single person design, build, and scale a website on their own without any employees?

I have been looking for a co-founder for several months and haven't found anyone I click with. Rather than going to meetups and networking events to try and find one, I've decided to just learn how...

asked May 14 '15 at 12:59
Blank
Paul Rodriguez
19 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.55K Views
Getting projects for a software development company

We have formed our company (that is, incorporation is in progress) this November (2012). Our company focuses on IT service management (ITSM) solutions and have very skilled professionals in the...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 00:19
Blank
Rajagopal S
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.28K Views
Objective-C or the new Swift for developing iOS apps?

Apple released Swift yesterday at WWDC. It's a high level programming language that is going to make developing iOS apps much easier for new programmers.I know neither Objective-C or Swift at the...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Theresa Darrell
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Consulting firms: should you NOT target startups as clients?

Should web development consulting firms try to avoid targeting startups as clients? One of the key issues with startups is funding (most don't have any) and the ones that have raised a small seed,...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:14
Blank
Arthur Baxter
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to ensure your develop your SaaS application with fewest bugs as possible?

How do makers of popular SaaS apps try to ensure their software is free of bugs and errors? I currently hire a quality assurance freelancer to test out the software with a list of specific tasks to...

asked May 21 '14 at 20:13
Blank
Edith King
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
Should you charge before building an enterprise product with a client?

Have an idea for a claims management application. I got one company who is in the selection process amongst other such software but they want to work with me to build something from ground up. I...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:59
Blank
Jo K
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Are there any large scale applications build on Python?

The other two larger alternatives, PHP and Rails, have had large scale startups built upon it. Facebook with PHP. Twitter with Rails. Does a company this level been built on Python? Is there a...

asked May 10 '14 at 14:45
Blank
Edward Morin
2 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Is writing agile user stories worth the effort when developing your product?

The standard practice with the agile methodology is to write user stories before starting development. The stories can be as broad or as detailed as you'd like.Example if I'm building a backup...

asked May 2 '14 at 17:44
Blank

0 Votes
0 Answers
Do businesses still create eCommerce sites from scratch or just use SquareSpace or Shopify?

We're a small development firm trying to figure out our niche. Instead of trying to be a generic development shop, we want to cater to a specific segment of customer needs.eCommerce is one niche...

2 Votes
1 Answers
Knowledge of algorithms required to be a CTO or VP of Engineering?

I have several years of experience developing software and managing small teams. But I struggle with learning about algorithms. Does that put a huge negative on me being a CTO in the near...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 15:16
Blank
Oscar Bennett
35 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Building a mobile app. What's the best framework to implement it?

I don't know Objective-C, but there are lots of frameworks that only require HTML/CSS/JS. I intend on releasing the app for all platforms and it utilizes the location of the user as a requirement....

asked Feb 14 '14 at 20:04
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Which language or framework to pick for new startup?

Which technology stack has the best combination of speed of development, engineering costs and ability to easily find an engineer? Both my co-founder and I are non technical and before we set...

asked Feb 2 '14 at 21:30
Blank
Levi Bowen
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to become a software development outsourcing consultant?

I am a Computer Science student about to do my first mandatory internship. I am going to work at a software outsourcing company in China. I feel like if I learn the business and how it works, I...

asked Dec 5 '13 at 15:42
Blank
User2676680
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
How to start a near shore development company in Europe?

In more specific, I'd like people's idea on the following hypothetical scenario: I am planning to open a near shore IT development company and "outsource" projects to Bulgaria, or hire developers...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 06:47
Blank
Dqm
3 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
Lean Startup Method Question for Web app startups

So, I'm slightly confused which I should be following. I'm currently a solopreneur. I'm trying to follow lean startup, but I just read on the book Startup Owners Manual and Lean Startup...

asked Nov 16 '13 at 11:15
Blank
User9968
229 points