Developers Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
7.34K Views
I have an idea but need a developer to create it. How do I go about finding someone to build my app?

I have an idea for a web app, but I do not possess the technical skills to develop it. I don't think it's a very complex application to build. How do I go about finding someone to create it? Is it...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 03:23
Blank
Courtney O'connell
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Who manage the first devs in a small startup?

From your own startups experience, who was the one to manage the first developers hired? Why? And also was it a techy startup and how many founders you had / what their roles at the...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 14:39
Blank
Arnold Aaron
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.31K Views
How to get over "redesign entire app" or "recode from scratch" syndrome?

As a founder of a few apps, I always get caught up in redesigning or recoding an entire app from scratch.Sometimes it's because I'm not satisfied with the first iteration (or have been staring at...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:29
Blank
David Ponder
17 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Best place to find freelance Ruby on Rails developers for startup MVP?

I want to create a minimum viable product for my startup idea. The concept is fairly complex which will require rails developers who have a lot of experience.The app deals with the financial...

asked Jun 5 '15 at 16:28
Blank
Angelica Hole
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
What's a good salary for a Ruby on Rails developer in Silicon Valley? Given the high cost of living there.

I'm moving my two-person startup to San Francisco and looking to hire a Rails engineer there.Given how expensive the cost of living is there, what is a decent salary for a full-time, intermediate...

asked Jun 12 '15 at 13:55
Blank
Robert Cooperman
12 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Best way to find PayPal developers

We are from Russia. We have an idea for startup. We have money (we are investors). We dont have a developing team and dont want to create it. We need to hire a team with strong knowlegde of...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 19:44
Blank
Vlad Minaev
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Low cost options for convertible desks that are both sitting and standing?

We're looking to get desks that fit both developer preferences: sitting and standing. All the convertible desks I've seen online cost $500 to even $1200.Are there any low cost options available?...

asked May 3 '14 at 19:58
Blank
Jessica Logan
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.05K Views
Which language or framework to pick for new startup?

Which technology stack has the best combination of speed of development, engineering costs and ability to easily find an engineer? Both my co-founder and I are non technical and before we set...

asked Feb 2 '14 at 21:30
Blank
Levi Bowen
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Would like to hire a full time programmer from India

I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
Blank
Ron
21 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
A Catch-22. Need viewers to give some value to developers. Need developers to generate some value for viewers

I have created an App Discovery service that helps iOS Games get discovered by ranking apps based on their engagement & quality rather than quality. Developers have to create an account and...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 11:10
Blank
User1151659
8 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
What should we know in order to make a 3rd-party developer's life easier?

My company is looking to develop a cross-platform mobile application. What are some general things we should know before approaching a developer that will make their lives easier and our app...

asked Sep 28 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Got the niche, business model, system design, waiting customers...need to build it.

Classic Chicken or Egg Dilemma: I need to raise funds to build the system I have designed. I need the system built to generate revenue from my customer. I need to be generating revenue to raise...

asked Aug 14 '13 at 14:36
Blank
W00dc4ip
18 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
What is a reasonable price for a developer?

I've been developing my own websites for a while, earning money by selling virtual items within games. Recetly I just got hired as a developer for the first time. I've making minigames for them,...

asked May 9 '13 at 13:45
Blank
Niet The Dark Absol
128 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
How to have reliable developers and securing code from being stolen

I have couple of concept for website but they require immense coding and designing. For that I am planning to hire developers and designers [Contractors]. As I know this is going to take couple of...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Zerotoinfinite
133 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Co-Founder Help

I am only 14, so I don't have an immense amount of money to make my idea happen. While I am very technical, I can't write code from scratch. I am very good with selling my ideas and getting people...

asked Mar 3 '13 at 16:16
Blank
None
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
How to manage developers who are inconsistent (i.e., very hot and cold)

I have worked with several developers who are very "hot and cold" in terms of their motivation. Sometimes they will slack off for weeks on a project and make zero progress, and other times they go...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 09:41
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
I am the only paid developer in a startup, am I getting enough equity?

I am currently apart of a very small startup. I love the idea and believe that it could be very big one day. I was hired by a guy with the idea, but the idea was still very basic, and 1...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 09:36
Blank
User23559
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
When hiring a freelancer, should I lump together related tasks or spread them out?

I'm building a web app that will require API integration with numerous platforms like Flickr, Tumblr, etc. It's relatively straight forward stuff--I just need to allow users to import their various...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 07:24
Blank
Richard
357 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
What can I do to be sure that progress is being made on my web app?

I hired a developer 1.5 months ago, and I'm having serious doubts due to the lack of progress. The project cost is $2k and I paid half so far. So far what has been completed is just the front-end...

asked Nov 20 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Yangt09
55 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.14K Views
Why can't I find any reliable web development help? What am I doing wrong?

I operate a web development firm with an increasing volume of work. Rather than hire local developers as full-time employees, I've taken the approach of working with a network of remote developers...

asked Nov 29 '12 at 09:43
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points