Would like to hire a full time programmer from India


I'm looking to hire a full time programmer in India. Of course he would need to pay tax in India. But would I also need to pay tax in USA? If I've got an LLC taxed as an S-Corp in California?

India LLC Tax USA Developers

asked Oct 22 '13 at 12:19
21 points
Get up to $750K in working capital to finance your business: Clarify Capital Business Loans
  • Why would you pay any tax for hiring someone from India? – Littleadv 9 years ago

2 Answers


There are no tax implication for you in the US other than with any other business expense. Since the developer will most likely be R&D or capital expense, this will reduce your overall taxable income because you are using the developer to build your business.

You only pay taxes in the US for the income you generate. Having expenses reduces your income so you pay less taxes.

Sites to recruit developers: There are many freelance/project listing websites, e.g. odesk.com, elance.com or freelancer.com, that let you use your credit card to pay the developers on an hourly basis. These sites also have feature

answered Oct 23 '13 at 11:52
11 points
  • Everything here looked good until that last sentence. Feels like it got cut off or something. Is that how you meant to end it? – rbwhitaker 9 years ago
  • Thank you for that answer, very useful!!! Much appreciated! – Ron 9 years ago


I think you should use a forum like www.elance.com, Not only you get a lot of choices but they guide you on the tax issues as well. Each company there has all the details of their past record so you are quite safe there.

answered Oct 23 '13 at 02:41
1 point

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

India LLC Tax USA Developers